What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Cronulla @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Pole is m
Yeah, but TBH, Pole numbers were a bit of a surprise, he plays without much notice by the looks and only 21?

Though they do rate him as a one of our future stars.
Pole is made for SOO. He is a spitting image to the Cowboys Rueben Cotter but a bit bigger. He's built close to the ground, energetic, takes the ball up with gusto, tackles well and fairly quick for a big man. Plays big minutes too.

Das Hassler

Bench
That team song sure is a mouthful...gotta keep it simple and rousing..

We pass the ball and score the try
We hit em hard..We smash em all
We all stand tall
We f**k em all!
TIGERS doo doo doo
Verse repeat
TIGERS doo doo doo

spray water around....hug ...hi fives etc
What's so hard about that?

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't care if it's not the best, I do care if we keep winning and the boys get to memorise this and sing it with gusto.
If the words were Bla Bla Bla it would sound great if we were all over the moon and sung it loud and in a state of delirium :)
One thing that is wrong in the lyrics is,
We are Black, Gold and White
It’s a verse from each clubs song.
As you say, hopefully we sing it often.

Tigerm

First Grade

We all stand tall
We f**k em all!
TIGERS doo doo doo
Verse repeat
TIGERS doo doo doo

It’s been a long time between drinks, so maybe it’s a work in progress hahaha

Nutz

Bench

We all stand tall
We f**k em all!
TIGERS doo doo doo
Verse repeat
TIGERS doo doo doo

EXACTLY... but clear the kids outa the sheds before we sing your version Das.
Just on that, I'm not a fan of havin kids in there. Every second word is probably *uck and I saw a little kid crying last night at the end of the song. It's too much for them imo.
Men shouldn't have to mind their P's and Q's in that environment... it's their place and time to let their hair down.
If the cameras go in their, there should be a 5min delay for editing, to cut out the "bubbler" and fake sex acts and boozy incidents :) Too much scrutiny and restrictions on these men.

Tigerm

First Grade
EXACTLY... but clear the kids outa the sheds before we sing your version Das.
Just on that, I'm not a fan of havin kids in there. Every second word is probably *uck and I saw a little kid crying last night at the end of the song. It's too much for them imo.
Men shouldn't have to mind their P's and Q's in that environment... it's their place and time to let their hair down.
If the cameras go in their, there should be a 5min delay for editing, to cut out the "bubbler" and fake sex acts and boozy incidents :) Too much scrutiny and restrictions on these men.
The kid was a critic, all critics cry.
Either that or he just emotional about the win hahaha

Pezz70

Juniors
Yep, Seyfarth played well too, probably unpopular and not the time for this, but I think we need a replacement for Twal, he’s steady but doesn’t offer anything much.
I’d swap him for a Cameron Murray, Victor Radley style it’s the one thing our pack lacks, a backrower or lock with an 80 minute motor that doesnt stop

Wizardman

First Grade
I’d swap him for a Cameron Murray, Victor Radley style it’s the one thing our pack lacks, a backrower or lock with an 80 minute motor that doesnt stop
Twal is closer to the end of his career than the start....but last night was one of those games where we didn't really need him. He has never been a impact man but has always been a worker. He is still very much in our best 17 for now.

Nutz

Bench
After a closer look at Sezer's 5th tackle kicks I feel most kicks were either not deep enough, not long enough or straight down the throat of their deep fielders.
The kicks that were not far enough were in no-mans land...a point where they could easily catch the ball and a point where we couldn't get there before they got steam up.
The kicks need to be where we can put the most pressure on them.
Sometimes a long low drop punt type kick deep to the corners are a change up.
We got away with it because we had energy and they didn't.
In the rd2 loss we kicked the same but lost because the roles were reversed.
Sezer try assist kicks were different, they were excellent.
Sezers organising was superb but the clearance kicks need work. Galvin has a long punt kick so maybe he could alternate more often on the other side of the ruck...left/right foot kickers.

macnaz

Staff member
actually another news limited hatchet job. Hill tickets (general admission) are $25, and premium reserved are $55. This is based on the upcoming game at Leichhardt again the Titans. Anything to put the slipper into the tigers
Thats not really correct sorry, General Admission is $40 plus ticketek fee, GA has only the hill on offer. The next best is a basic seat in the corners etc for $60 plus booking fee. But the figure the media used is still wrong , but not that far off.

Pezz70

Juniors
After a closer look at Sezer's 5th tackle kicks I feel most kicks were either not deep enough, not long enough or straight down the throat of their deep fielders.
The kicks that were not far enough were in no-mans land...a point where they could easily catch the ball and a point where we couldn't get there before they got steam up.
The kicks need to be where we can put the most pressure on them.
Sometimes a long low drop punt type kick deep to the corners are a change up.
We got away with it because we had energy and they didn't.
In the rd2 loss we kicked the same but lost because the roles were reversed.
Sezer try assist kicks were different, they were excellent.
Sezers organising was superb but the clearance kicks need work. Galvin has a long punt kick so maybe he could alternate more often on the other side of the ruck...left/right foot kickers.
I agree. He needs to get a bit more height on the ball to allow our chasers to get close + get another 5-10m out of the kick, you can’t have last play bombs dropping on the 20 metre line, you’ll eventually lose the field position battle with that. Brooks was notorious for bombs dropping short, giving the opposition six tackles from
The 30m line