What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Starting 13
Kalyn Ponga 2. Fletcher Sharpe 3. Dane Gagai 4. Dylan Lucas 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Jack Cogger 7. Phoenix Crossland 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott

Interchange
Will Pryce 15. Mathew Croker 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Brodie Jones

Reserves
Thomas Cant 19. Sebastian Su'a 20. Jackson Hastings 21. Kyle McCarthy 22. David Armstrong

Out: Tyson Gamble (five-eighth)
In: Dylan Lucas (centre), Will Pryce (bench), Thomas Cant (reserve), Sebastian Su'a (reserve), Jackson Hastings (reserve), David Armstrong (reserve)
Changes: Kyle McCarthy (centre to reserve), Jack Cogger (bench to five-eighth)

perverse

Referee
Wouldn’t surprise me if we try some more things in the next few games in attack leading to more points scored, helped by the fact we are playing other teams who won’t make finals.
Storyline will be “Cogger sparks attack” and everyone will wonder why he hasn’t been used all year.
The story writes itself.
Jesus don't even joke about this. No no no no no.

perverse

Referee
Honestly, putting Cogs at 7, Pryce at 6 and Phoenix back to hooker is much better than what has been named. Cogs and Phoenix are both shit halfbacks, you don't lose or gain much there... but honestly it would strengthen the hooking rotation to have Phoenix start there again - and there is value in starting Pryce (not just on game day, but long term as well).

I just can't get my head around Phoenix and Cogger in the halves. Is that the worst halves pairing we've ever named? We've had some awful ones (and a few of those involve Cogger), but geez that's bad.

Haffa

I just can't get my head around Phoenix and Cogger in the halves. Is that the worst halves pairing we've ever named? We've had some awful ones (and a few of those involve Cogger), but geez that's bad.
Lamb and Cogger in 2016 were worse…just. Common denominator though.

The side named 1-17 on a Tues doesnt have to be the same that runs out on game day.

I honestly see plenty of shuffling before kickoff