What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Starting 13
Kalyn Ponga 2. Fletcher Sharpe 3. Dane Gagai 4. Dylan Lucas 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Jack Cogger 7. Phoenix Crossland 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott

Interchange
Will Pryce 15. Mathew Croker 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Brodie Jones

Reserves
Thomas Cant 19. Sebastian Su'a 20. Jackson Hastings 21. Kyle McCarthy 22. David Armstrong

Out: Tyson Gamble (five-eighth)
In: Dylan Lucas (centre), Will Pryce (bench), Thomas Cant (reserve), Sebastian Su'a (reserve), Jackson Hastings (reserve), David Armstrong (reserve)
Changes: Kyle McCarthy (centre to reserve), Jack Cogger (bench to five-eighth)

perverse

Referee
Wouldn’t surprise me if we try some more things in the next few games in attack leading to more points scored, helped by the fact we are playing other teams who won’t make finals.
Storyline will be “Cogger sparks attack” and everyone will wonder why he hasn’t been used all year.
The story writes itself.
Jesus don't even joke about this. No no no no no.

perverse

Referee
Honestly, putting Cogs at 7, Pryce at 6 and Phoenix back to hooker is much better than what has been named. Cogs and Phoenix are both shit halfbacks, you don't lose or gain much there... but honestly it would strengthen the hooking rotation to have Phoenix start there again - and there is value in starting Pryce (not just on game day, but long term as well).

I just can't get my head around Phoenix and Cogger in the halves. Is that the worst halves pairing we've ever named? We've had some awful ones (and a few of those involve Cogger), but geez that's bad.

Haffa

I just can't get my head around Phoenix and Cogger in the halves. Is that the worst halves pairing we've ever named? We've had some awful ones (and a few of those involve Cogger), but geez that's bad.
Lamb and Cogger in 2016 were worse…just. Common denominator though.

Rod

Bench
In 2007 we had Marvin Karawana, Riley Brown, Chris Bailey and Brad Tighe take turns partnering Luke Walsh, the winner is probably from those.

Or perhaps Dane Campbell and an 18 year old Jarrod Mullen on debut. Although Mullen was half decent immediately.

Woody90

Juniors
I think we probably need to accept that one of Cogger or Crossland will be playing halfback in 2025.

Obviously my first preference would be a new signing or aside from that giving Gamblor and Pryce a run…but neither will realistically happen.

I reckon we’ve seen the last of Hastings too.

It’s super depressing. Between the lack of halfback and negative coaching I think im going to have trouble feeling any optimism at all for 2025.

perverse

Referee
I think we probably need to accept that one of Cogger or Crossland will be playing halfback in 2025.

Obviously my first preference would be a new signing or aside from that giving Gamblor and Pryce a run…but neither will realistically happen.

I reckon we’ve seen the last of Hastings too.

It’s super depressing. Between the lack of halfback and negative coaching I think im going to have trouble feeling any optimism at all for 2025.
It'll be an outrageous failure if that comes to pass, but I can certainly see it happening.

Scootsie

Juniors
It’s all been said, but the Knights recruited Cogger and Pryce to back up Hastings and Gamble, and we end up with Crossland at half. Oh, what a season.

Old dog

Bench
Hopefully slight changes, like 7 Cogger, 6 Pryce, 9 or 14 Crosslands and Brailey. My preference is Brailey at 9 Crosslands at 14. I know of the hate for Cogger but he is the only real half, the others chop and change but he is predominantly a 7. Let him be a 7 and the others support him, it’s his game, sink or swim.
Agree with earlier comment, don’t want Crosslands and Cogger at 7 & 6 unless injuries

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Best hope is Pryce and Cogger switching so Cogger plays 14 and gets his 5 make a wish minutes at the end of the game like usual.

Pleb

Juniors
I would seriously be looking at giving Liam Sutton a run he has outplayed cogger and pryce every time he has played cup with them.

Latest posts