What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 3
Newcastle Knights v Wests Tigers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 28 March 2021

NSW Cup 1:45pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Gehamat Shibasaki 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Dominic Young 21. Simi Sasagi

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. James Roberts 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. James Tamou 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Joe Ofahengaue 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Moses Mbye 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Joseph Leilua 20. Russell Packer 21. Alex Seyfarth

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Henry Perenara

NSW Cup as a curtain raiser - Knights v Western Suburbs (WST feeder). 1:45pm at McDonald Jones​

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see Madge throwing Madden in and wouldn't be surprised if Mybe wears the 7.

As a previous captain he must be a talker, as a fullback, he must be a talker. They need a talker.

Keep it simple, get those outside you in attack to stand deep and pass it. In defense play him behind the ruck at all time.

If Madge was to give BJ another go, separate the brothers.
Drop the winger for 1. Hoffman, 2 Cini or 3 Fitzgibbon but if BJ plays it has to be TT on the wing.
Bit more from the forwards, is Seyfarth or Simpkins ready for the bench?

Perth Tiger

Bench
This will be the real test for us.

The top 6 teams are so far ahead of every other team, it wouldn't surprise me if they only lose games against each other for the whole year. The rest of the comp are really just playing for spots 7 and 8 and an exit in the first week of the finals

We have played against 2 of them for the first two weeks so no surprise we haven't measured up. But if we put in the same type of performance against the knights we know the seasons will be more of the same as the last 10 years

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I can't see Madge throwing Madden in and wouldn't be surprised if Mybe wears the 7.

As a previous captain he must be a talker, as a fullback, he must be a talker. They need a talker.

Keep it simple, get those outside you in attack to stand deep and pass it. In defense play him behind the ruck at all time.

Drop the winger for 1. Hoffman, 2 Cini or 3 Fitzgibbon but if BJ plays it has to be TT on the wing.

BJ absolutely cannot be there next week. I’d rather play with 12

Vic Mackey

Referee
This will be the real test for us.

The top 6 teams are so far ahead of every other team, it wouldn't surprise me if they only lose games against each other for the whole year. The rest of the comp are really just playing for spots 7 and 8 and an exit in the first week of the finals

We have played against 2 of them for the first two weeks so no surprise we haven't measured up. But if we put in the same type of performance against the knights we know the seasons will be more of the same as the last 10 years

Agree with this

Let’s be serious, if we had of played the Dogs and Warriors in the first 2 rounds we’d all be in here beating our chests about how good we are.

The NRL is looking like the EPL this year. The teams that come 7th/8th will be at a laughable standard.

Pezz70

Juniors

Id be surprised if he didn’t stick with the halves. BJ Leilua must go for two reasons:
1) to knock him down a peg, hopefully he’ll get the message and train the house down and give 150% on the footy field
2) illustrate to the players underneath that the NRL aren’t untouchable and there’s a chance that good form
And attitude will get you a run

Pezz70

Juniors
Agree with this

Let’s be serious, if we had of played the Dogs and Warriors in the first 2 rounds we’d all be in here beating our chests about how good we are.

The NRL is looking like the EPL this year. The teams that come 7th/8th will be at a laughable standard.

Warriors would do us by 20 ATM and were no sure thing to do the dogs either

Foxsports reporting the bleeding obvious.

The Tigers are in for some big changes after a disappointing performance against the Roosters last week. Their edge defence was a concern and there were some big question marks over Joey Leilua’s efforts in particular and halfback Luke Brooks lacked spark, leaving coach Michael Maguire with some big decisions to make this week. Paul Kent told NRL 360 Leilua is set to be axed by coach Michael Maguire. Luckily they have recruit James Roberts who can come into the backline after sitting out Round 2. Young hooker Jake Simpkin should come into contention after he scored two first-half tries in NSW Cup. Maguire had mentioned his side “weren’t quick enough through the middle”.
lacked spark !!! that's not all he lacked.

Quick enough through the middle, Brooks & Liddell made a couple of good breaks through the middle, love to see Laurie sniffing around the ruck and taking advantage of those breaks.

Don't know about Simpkin though, he scored 1 try similar to Liddle and one off a pass from Packer close to the line, happier for him to develop more in reserves.

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
I actually am up in Newcastle for a wedding that weekend and was considering hanging around for the game. After today’s effort I might leave before the shit show begins
Mate I live 15 minutes away from Mc Jones Stadium and am unsure if I should go to the game. The lads up here seem to take more pleasure in paying out on the opposition (and their fans) than they do cheering for their own team. I just hate taking the walk of shame out of the place.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Mate I live 15 minutes away from Mc Jones Stadium and am unsure if I should go to the game. The lads up here seem to take more pleasure in paying out on the opposition (and their fans) than they do cheering for their own team. I just hate taking the walk of shame out of the place.

The sad thing is, Newcastle were in a much worse position than us only a few years ago yet they’ve managed to turn it around quicker than us

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
The sad thing is, Newcastle were in a much worse position than us only a few years ago yet they’ve managed to turn it around quicker than us
I tend to think a lot of the issues with the knights of a few years back came down to lifestyle, and no one really cared. Take joey for example, he spent half his career on the coke and ice and they name a grandstand after him. Got to love Newy lol Wish I knew what our excuse is though ?

Latest posts