What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 20
Newcastle Knights v Wests Tigers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 14 July 2023

Gates 5:15pm
NSW Cup 5:30pm
NRL kickoff 8:00pm
TV: Nine Network, 9 Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Brodie Jones 21. Hymel Hunt 22. Adam Clune

Changes from last match:
Out: Enari Tuala (centre)
In: Dane Gagai (centre)
Changes: Jacob Saifiti (front row to bench), Daniel Saifiti (bench to front row)

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To'a 4. Tommy Talau 5. Junior Tupou 6. Will Smith 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Shawn Blore 16. Alex Twal 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Daine Laurie 19. Aistasi James 20. Tallyn Da Silva 21. Justin Matamua 22. Brent Naden

Changes from last match:
Out: Tallyn Da Silva (bench), Aitasi James (bench)
In: Apisai Koroisau (hooker), Alex Twal (bench)
Changes: Jake Simpkin (hooker to bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Cameron Paddy, Kasey Badger
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

STATE LEAGUES
NSW Cup: Newcastle v Western Suburbs at McDonald Jones, Fri 5:30pm​

Last edited:
Lose this one and they might as well present the spoon to us on the field

We should invite the NRL to provide it to us tonight. No point waiting.

As I see it, we aren’t really in the game these days to actually compete anyway.

We’ve essentially just become another means of expression of vanity for the board, Tim and Benji. Some kind of super toy.

Unhappy with governing their own worlds, they have to stomp on ours. This is because they are arrogant and think they know more than us.

Sad human beings, wholly incompetent, which I can stomach, but not their self promotion and spin. Not their denial or selfishness.

They are obviously well pleased with themselves or they would STAND DOWN NOW.

We aren’t serious, 15% wins is singularly atrocious for this side. You have to really work hard to be so awful.

The whole show is a laugh.

Last edited:

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Jahream Bula 2. Asu Kepaoa 3. Starford To'a 4. Tommy Talau 5. Junior Tupou 6. Will Smith 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Shawn Blore 16. Alex Twal 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Daine Laurie 19. Aistasi James 20. Tallyn Da Silva 21. Justin Matamua 22. Brent Naden

Changes from last match:

Tigerm

First Grade

Changes from last match:

What’s happened to Naden?

Tigerm

First Grade

Changes from last match:

A good side on paper, but it’s hard to tip them, so I ain’t.

Surprised Api is back so soon?

Vic Mackey

Referee
IMO there are 3 games left we have a chance of winning. This is one of them (albeit the least likley). For some reason over the last 3 years we play our worst game of the year against the Knights. Api back is huge but I still dont give us much chance with that halves pairing.

I knock off work at about 4pm on Fridays so will probably be obliterated by the time the game starts. Which is fine by me. Kind of like footy beer goggles. In past years I might have taken it easy in anticipation of the game and a possible, if unlikely tigers win. Now the thought of watching a tigers game sober, or only slightly intoxicated makes me want to crawl into the foetal position.

Having said that the Knights are legends in their own minds, and coming off a big win last start are very likely to take it easy. They may find a way to beat themselves.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I was thinking Knights by 30 but with Api back I'm going Knights by 24.

My turn to be overly optimistic.

Nutz

Bench
Listen you lot, have faith. I positively, absolutely and with great confidence believe we will win this....I THINK. Ha ha.
Tigers by 12

Nutz

Bench
Gagai is out which is good but their backline, in particular Ponga and Dominic Young are going to carve us up I feel. Junior needs to be on his game particularly in
catching bombs.
Two good forward packs should provide some good viewing.

Tigerm

First Grade
Gagai is out which is good but their backline, in particular Ponga and Dominic Young are going to carve us up I feel. Junior needs to be on his game particularly in
catching bombs.
Two good forward packs should provide some good viewing.
“Good viewing?”, sorry I can’t watch it where I am (not enough data), but for me, it’s only good viewing if we win.