What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
Knights by 26.
Should be a carve up.
40+ going by the 15min. Why do the tigers persist on putting up a midfield bombs....kick it down to the goal line and chase. Handing it over like they are doing is a disaster in the making.

Fordy20

Juniors
Blore was pretty handy as well. How did we end up in a position where we're shopping him around?

Das Hassler

Bench
Api was sure going off in the dressing room to Klem about somebody

No Api at the Presser but I just realised it's the player interview ban

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Blore was pretty handy as well. How did we end up in a position where we're shopping him around?

He definitely had leveled out awhile back but it's a good sign that he's now putting in when we're struggling so badly...he and Seyfarth have really stood out. Tupou could use a stint in State cup. Having Brooks and Laurie next week ( hopefully) plus Api straight back to his best should get us another win or two

Tigerm

First Grade
Where the f**k do we go from here, the NRL side is playing shit, the cup side got flogged, the club management and coaching staff are out of sync, and we are struggling to attract quality players (a few exceptions) to the club, despite our wealth and facilities?

While rearranging the deck chairs will look good, I don’t see it making a huge difference without better players and coaches.

I made a comment earlier, we certainly need modern, experienced coaches with a long term (unfortunately) look at what we are doing and what we need to make it happen, I believe we had one, but he got bulldozed for an old blokes ego.

Where the f**k do we go from here, the NRL side is playing shit, the cup side got flogged, the club management and coaching staff are out of sync, and we are struggling to attract quality players (a few exceptions) to the club, despite our wealth and facilities?

While rearranging the deck chairs will look good, I don’t see it making a huge difference without better players and coaches.

I made a comment earlier, we certainly need modern, experienced coaches with a long term (unfortunately) look at what we are doing and what we need to make it happen, I believe we had one, but he got bulldozed for an old blokes ego.

My thoughts exactly.

The knights are a fair side with their own personnel troubles, but tactically superior.

When we were up a man, we couldn’t manage the possession, couldn’t test the edges or make out the gap. Letting them into score was horrific.

Ineffective tackles, dropped ball, mistake after mistake.

They were on top of us mentally the whole game.

Here we are then, 3 wins from 20 games with a better side on paper than last year. It’s going to be embarrassing for Tim if Noddy ends up with a better coaching record which is looking likely.

The only player genuinely improving is Bula. One out of 30 and that’s because he’s probably too young to appreciate the garbage mindset pervading the side.

I can’t see where we are going to win another game under current coaching.

Whatever Tim is trying to instil into the side, they are not up to it.

If we come 17th that’s worse than last years effort.

Tim can’t tell us with a straight face he’s managing this ok. Thus the clandestine approach to Hollers which should gather impetus this week if we are serious.

20 rounds is enough of a go to see some kind of consistency and improvement. We are worse or treading water. And Benji has learnt from Tim. That’s going to be more of the same.

We can’t buy one or two players and expect the earth. Everything needs a re-think. We have a couple of big name passengers as well. Playing below optimum and expectations.

This week is slash and burn week at the back office. Fultons time to shine.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
I can’t see where we are going to win another game under current coaching.

Whatever Tim is trying to instil into the side, they are not up to it.
It’s so strange watching Sheens lay the boot into boys for “not following the game plan” or not being able to capitalise on the Knights being a man down.

These are your players, Tim. You bought them, you select them, you train them, you coach them. The results are on your shoulders.

It’s so strange watching Sheens lay the boot into boys for “not following the game plan” or not being able to capitalise on the Knights being a man down.

These are your players, Tim. You bought them, you select them, you train them, you coach them. The results are on your shoulders.

His attitude reflects that of the board, deny and avoid accountability.

Tim promised progress, he’s delivered regress.

Buy back the farm, bring the old boys home.

It’s been f**king catastrophic.

He should be a man about it and resign tbh.

Resign before he’s sacked. Lee is less than impressed he’s been made to look like the fool.

Last edited:

DJDL

Bench
Ever since the Sheenius has returned, he's had that look of something I couldn't quite put my fingers on every time he's shown standing amongst the players, or on the sidelines, or basically anywhere near the field.

I finally figured it out:

He reminds me of Brooks from The Shawshank Redemption when he is released from prison after ~50 years.

That look where he's trying to put on a brave face and smile, but beneath it all he's thinking "I've got no idea what's going on here".

You poor bastards.

Latest posts