What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 20: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
Where the f**k do we go from here, the NRL side is playing shit, the cup side got flogged, the club management and coaching staff are out of sync, and we are struggling to attract quality players (a few exceptions) to the club, despite our wealth and facilities?

While rearranging the deck chairs will look good, I don’t see it making a huge difference without better players and coaches.

I made a comment earlier, we certainly need modern, experienced coaches with a long term (unfortunately) look at what we are doing and what we need to make it happen, I believe we had one, but he got bulldozed for an old blokes ego.
The knuckleheaded fedora wearing chairman & his bogan sidekick allowed themselves to fall under the saboteur sheenius’s spell & hence we have plummeted to such a deep abyss that I don’t see us climbing out of.Time for the NRL to step in & transfer the clubs license to an entity which isn’t run by repulsive imbeciles.

The knuckleheaded fedora wearing chairman & his bogan sidekick allowed themselves to fall under the saboteur sheenius’s spell & hence we have plummeted to such a deep abyss that I don’t see us climbing out of.Time for the NRL to step in & transfer the clubs license to an entity which isn’t run by repulsive imbeciles.

Hear hear.

We haven’t seen Lee walking around like a stuffed fedora wearing Peacock for awhile. Pascoe is also MIA by his standards as well.

I think the current idea at hq is to let father time dim the volume of the trumpeting that was the second coming of Sheens as coach and the young rock star.

There’s no pain anymore when we lose. It’s an expectation. Barely raises an eyebrow.

I think Lee knows the well of goodwill has run dry and he’s sharpening the axe. He can’t be happy. This is not business as usual.

3 wins from 20 rounds. We don’t have a marquee roster, but that’s less than half of anything approaching reasonable. It’s so poor.

Tim should be given the opportunity to step down gracefully in public with a plausible excuse. Just so long as he’s gone.

And Benji should be collateral damage.

I’m prepared to give Hollers and even Hook a run as temporary and see what they can do.

If Lee is jumping around at the end of the season saying how sorry he is and that everything is going to get better, without any meaningful change, that will do me.

The fans told him last year Tim wasn’t up to it and Lee carried on like a pork chop defending him. We were all supposed to be wrong.

Last edited:
I didn't see Benji in the coaching box. Was he there.

Benji was on the sideline trying to encourage the boys.

Learning not what to say and not what to do and if Tim is right, being furiously ignored.

@Tigerm said it once, he’d rather scrounge out a win by 1 point than playing all our opponents and losing at the death.

Not that we came close to outplaying them, especially as a group.

It’s become a complete farce, even Tim and Benji know that.

After 20 rounds, there’s nothing he can do that he hasn’t tried already to save our bacon.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Benji was on the sideline trying to encourage the boys.

Learning not what to say and not what to do and if Tim is right, being furiously ignored.

@Tigerm said it once, he’d rather scrounge out a win by 1 point than playing all our opponents and losing at the death.

Not that we came close to outplaying them, especially as a group.

It’s become a complete farce, even Tim and Benji know that.

After 20 rounds, there’s nothing he can do that he hasn’t tried already to save our bacon.
Thanks for that.

I think it was Joey Johns who said it wouldn't matter if it was Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy coaching the Tigers they wouldn't do much better given so many of our players are not genuine first graders.

If we were a brand new club we would have a better roster than what we have got together after years of ineptitude and dumb decisions by those at the top.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

One of only hopes for the future.
Sadly Tigerm he is the only back I would have in the team at the moment. I am hoping, as all Tigers fans do, that getting a decent half and 5/8 combination will eventually see Toa et al developing into solid first graders, at the moment I don't think any of them are.

Thanks for that.

I think it was Joey Johns who said it wouldn't matter if it was Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy coaching the Tigers they wouldn't do much better given so many of our players are not genuine first graders.

If we were a brand new club we would have a better roster than what we have got together after years of ineptitude and dumb decisions by those at the top.

Yeah, I can understand that point of view Ned.

The Dolphins have only been around for a couple of years and they’ve zipoed past us with ease.

We are supposed to rank about middle on member base, sizeable fan base in emerging suburbs as well.

Theres no innate or natural reason why we shouldn’t be a top 4 club on any measure.

To have fallen so far behind the rest of the game, especially over the last 3 or 4 years, is mind blowing.

The only solution seems to be the end of Tim and this stupid promotion of Benji and a real first grade coach as an assistant.

I think the board and Justin will be tempted to bring about sweeping changes. We are seeing a few cracks already with Fultons appointment and the Holbrook “ scandal”

I think after this season, they are in a better position to justify decisions that supplant their errors of last year.

They will be banking on people forgetting or they can point to changes. Any excuse will do that saves their butts.

Realistically, they don’t have a choice.

Lee can put his slithering to good use for a change. He should step down but he won’t because he believes he’s right.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
It’s so strange watching Sheens lay the boot into boys for “not following the game plan” or not being able to capitalise on the Knights being a man down.

These are your players, Tim. You bought them, you select them, you train them, you coach them. The results are on your shoulders.
Maybe they need 400 passes a day because their attack is f**kin putrid. This coaching structure had nothing g but disaster written all over it. They will get the spoon for another 5 years!

Latest posts