What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

dragon thomo

Juniors
I think there is a real concern wether Widdops shoulder can stand up to a full season. Unfortuately I feel it’s time to let him go.
Dufty on the other hand needs a lot of improvement in his game to deserve a contract extension.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I think there is a real concern wether Widdops shoulder can stand up to a full season. Unfortuately I feel it’s time to let him go.
Dufty on the other hand needs a lot of improvement in his game to deserve a contract extension.
Wouldn't that be left up to medical staff to decide? We have nothing concrete in the slightest to suggest any ongoing issues with Widdops shoulder, let alone any severe enough to let him go

His recovery has been completely routine. He will begin full contact shortly

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The challenge is.....Hunt wont make 50 to 60 tackles that McInnes does every match, McInnes is a work horse, I doubt hunt has that in him. We will leak more points, I believe we need McInnes there.

Spot on.
I really dont understand this fascination of putting Hunt into the hooking roll full-time. An occasional run there, yes I can see that, but as a permanent is just folly, he wont make, as you say, 40-60 tackles a game.
As for him playing hooker at Brisbane, it was for 6 games, 4 of which he started from the bench with Thaiday the starting hooker.
By all means lets pay close to $1m for a bench hooker, just to fit Norman in as a half, as I said Ludacris.
Unfortunately, Dufty could be the biggesf loser here, if only for 2019. However, from the bench he would make a hell of an impact imo.

ouryears

Bench
Spot on.
I really dont understand this fascination of putting Hunt into the hooking roll full-time. An occasional run there, yes I can see that, but as a permanent is just folly, he wont make, as you say, 40-60 tackles a game.
As for him playing hooker at Brisbane, it was for 6 games, 4 of which he started from the bench with Thaiday the starting hooker.
By all means lets pay close to $1m for a bench hooker, just to fit Norman in as a half, as I said Ludacris.
Unfortunately, Dufty could be the biggesf loser here, if only for 2019. However, from the bench he would make a hell of an impact imo.
Wow that's so true, off the bench he will run many rings around lots of opposing players, bring it on hey DS, agree whole heartedly.

Try scoring machine....

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If all are fit and in form, I'd like to see:

1. Widdop
6. Hunt
7. Norman
13. Lawrie - he will have to step up big time. I really hope De Belin beas this charge.
14. Robson
18. Field

Dufty to ISP learning how to defend. At 700k - 900k can move on in 2020.
Aitken to ISP learning to be a backrow forward.
I'd say if De Belin is found guilty, his cap for 2019 can be used.

ouryears

Bench

1. Widdop
6. Hunt
7. Norman
13. Lawrie - he will have to step up big time. I really hope De Belin beas this charge.
14. Robson
18. Field

Checked salary cap link, yes, we can use his salary in 2019 less what he has been paid since November 1st up until payments stop.

But c'mon jack, be innocent mate.

That's all I am now going to say

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

1. Widdop
6. Hunt
7. Norman
14. Robson
18. Field

Move Hunt to an unfamiliar position just to accommodate Norman?

Seriously?

possm

Coach
Move Hunt to an unfamiliar position just to accommodate Norman?

Seriously?
Still in the halves and can be creative as he likes; won't have to run the team. However, the same can be done from 7 and Norman at 6. I just thought traditionally it is the halfback that runs the team and the five-eighth that is the creative running half.

possm

Coach
Of course there is.

Whether it’s two halfbacks or two five-eighths, neither scenario works.
I mean in quality of player.

Both Benji and Widdop wanted to organize and control the game. Both were calling for the ball over each other. Whereas Hunt has been reluctant to run the team and Widdop has be unable to run the team properly.

So now we will have Norman running the team and Hunt doing his magic.

Drag Queen

Bench

Both Benji and Widdop wanted to organize and control the game. Both were calling for the ball over each other. Whereas Hunt has been reluctant to run the team and Widdop has be unable to run the team properly.

Are you related to ouryears. Give me strength.............Widdop is beyond doubt our best player.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

I completely disagree.

Latest posts