What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King calls Simpkins a DICKHEAD!!

Nullajet

Juniors
make up your mind pal....is he some sort of father figure who puts players ahead of winning or is he all about sacking those who looked up to him as players in the ffort to get the wins and cover his own ass???

So you truly believe the difference between this season and last (and correct me if I am wrong but they finished roughly the same place ladderwise) is that Lazo, Walters and Belcher were sacked...THAT IS the reason they won the GF this year???

You are the ludicrous one!

And as for needing to bring in newer people, newer innovations as you say......Just tell me......who has been the coach of that club since it inception???

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Nullajet said:
make up your mind pal....is he some sort of father figure who puts players ahead of winning or is he all about sacking those who looked up to him as players in the ffort to get the wins and cover his own ass???

So you truly believe the difference between this season and last (and correct me if I am wrong but they finished roughly the same place ladderwise) is that Lazo, Walters and Belcher were sacked...THAT IS the reason they won the GF this year???

You are the ludicrous one!

And as for needing to bring in newer people, newer innovations as you say......Just tell me......who has been the coach of that club since it inception???

whats the point of bringing in new people to fill a job where the person on the job is doing a perfectly good job!?!? 6 premierships in 19 years is something every club would drool over... he's doing a great job at the broncos...

also, we finished on the same position yes, but with the same momentum?? hell no. You cant compare this years team with last years team.. this year we were so much more prepared for the finals series and we were not blown off the park with physical and mental fatigue like past seasons...
and no i don't believe that lazo, walters and belcher being sacked won us the GF this year... it was bringing in new people who had better fitness regimes to battle the aging props and slower players to suit the current playing styles, which obviously the former staff didn't have the answers to... you must be blind to think that the new staff didn't make a difference to the broncos this year... but then again you think bennett was evil in sacking staff members who could not contribute anything more positive to the side and were causing more harm to the team the longer they stayed...

Nullajet

Juniors
you must be kidding if you believe the propaganda you write...

yeah, so much better momentum wise in the finals..you guys were dominated at home by the dragons....got great ref calls in the GF.........and you honestly believe that the NEW regime were the big diff that got you home....

its a fine line between a winning finals series and a losing one..believe me it wasnt the new regime that made the diff

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
so it was luck?? oh my god you must be stoned beyond my belief to say that... sure we were dominated at home by the dragons, then we came back to beat newcastle 50-6, which would have easily been 60 or 70-6 had lockyer, petro, berro kept on playing in the final 15 mins. (and i know what you are gonna whinge by saying,"but buderus was missing, some prop who i cant remember off my head, was missing" but the 2 players would not have made a difference as to who would have gone on to the next round.

Against the bulldogs? one of the best comebacks i've ever seen... and whatever you say can't take that away because we played the way they wanted and we still won...

and against the storm, we also beat them at their game... do you think our forwards could have matched it with the fast, young forwards of the storm if they were not put under the new fitness coach? I dont think so... Do you think webcke would be still playing like he did, or petro and all the brisbane props for that matter without putting in that extra effort to lose weight and become more fit, a regime brought in by Dean Benton, our new fitness coach??
without the new fitness regime, we would have been able to beat the bulldogs, or the storm (even though you constantly blame the ref). End of story... so don't bring in this "believe me it wasnt the new regime that made the diff" sh*t without knowing what you are saying..

and i do think that the ref did make some critical mistakes, but the best team on the night won... maybe not in the fashion most people wanted, but at the end of the day, the rings were handed to the broncos players.. and that all that matters..!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Nullajet said:

yeah, so much better momentum wise in the finals..you guys were dominated at home by the dragons....got great ref calls in the GF.........and you honestly believe that the NEW regime were the big diff that got you home....

its a fine line between a winning finals series and a losing one..believe me it wasnt the new regime that made the diff

Wow, you really have your head up in the clouds of bitterness so high you can't even see reality. Are you seriously maintaining that the Broncos got through the finals series by some mysterious fortune of good ref calls? Have you even watched any football this year? Or did you only just wake up and switch the TV over to 9 on Sunday night? Please, stop now before you embarrass yourself and football supporters alike even more. You are amusing though and I thank you for that.

salivor

First Grade
Nullajet said:

You've just relegated yourself to class clown.

2 months ago I wanted Bennett sacked but even I can see that the plans he laid in place at the start of the year and the new staff he brought on made the difference. Bennett went about reinventing the club, from it's direction to it's playing style.

This is what he has to say on the matter:
Wayne Bennett said:
So we made those changes because I knew we had to take a more specific and more scientific approach to our training. We needed to go to another level and embrace the advances in sports medicine and sports science and what's available
Dean Benton was the major appointment that made a difference as previous runs home had shown that the Broncos were just too big and too unfit and this was telling more than ever come finals time.

Again Bennnett's thoughts on the matter:
Wayne Bennett said:
Dean worked them so hard in the pre-season, not just physically, but mentally, he just about broke half of them
The new methods used in the pre-season were what told the difference in the back end, and yes that comes down to the new appointments and the changes that Bennett was prepared to implement.

Probably the biggest factor was the pre-season plan to rest the players after Origin when Brisbane had the bye, no training no nothing.

Again Bennett's thoughts on the matter:
Wayne Bennett said:
We wanted to try to avoid being in the slump, both physically and emotionally, that we had been at the end of the year for the past three seasons

(Baker) said, 'you will pay a price for it'. When they come back it will be like starting the pre-season again and you will have to ride that for three or four weeks but they will come good.

He said if we were prepared to take the risk, this will be the outcome.
The Broncos put this plan into action after Origin and subsequently lost 4 games on the trot and struggled exactly like pre-season Benton had said they would. They then clicked into gear against the Storm and lost narrowly and then the rest is history. That was a complete different tactic to what we've used in previous years and made the difference in the end, that was all down to Beneton, one of the new staff brought on board. I think that categorically blows your argument that they weren't the difference out of the water.

To further prove the point you only have to look at the difference in results between 2005 and 2006 at the back end of the season:
2005:
Round 23 - Lost 24-4 to the Dragons
Round 24 - Lost 22-20 to the Panthers
Round 25 - Lost 17-10 to the Roosters
Round 26 - Lost 28-14 to the Eels
Qualifying Final - Lost 24-18 to the Storm
Elimination Final - Lost 34-6 to the Tigers

Compare that to 2006:
Round 23 - Lost 18-12 to the Storm
Round 24 - Won 30-0 against the Bulldogs
Round 25 - Won 23-0 against the Eels
Round 26 - Won 36-12 against the Warriors
Qualifying Final - Lost 20-4 to the Dragons
Elimination Final - Won 50-6 against the Knights
Preliminary Final - Won 37-20 against the Bulldogs
Grand Final - Won 15-8 against the Storm

Coming into that Knights match we had lost 7 straight finals matches and the last one that we had won was way back in 2002, that's not luck. You don't win titles on luck, not in the past, not now, not ever. You as a Cronulla fan should know this, if luck decided premierships your lot would've jagged one by now by the law of averages. Since it doesn't, your lot are subsequently screwed.

Now run along troll.

*Source for Bennett quotes: http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?TopMenuID=266&MenuID=410&NewsID=3034&tShowType=Search&tSearchWord=Grand%20Final%20breakfast&NewsColumnID=&Archives=0&Current=1

_Johnsy

Referee
Camsmith

You are a tool. The penalties were deserved. You get the benefit of two decisions and score the next set of 6 both times !! King said nothing, yet last game of the year things go the other way, and he chooses a public forum to give the ref a serve. I find it interesting he chose not to comment of the ref a week earlier. Hypocrite to the max.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
hopefully salivors comments shuts up nullajets stupidity and makes him understand that he has gotten everything wrong...

philstorm

Juniors
salivor said:
Storm sympathiser at least and certainly pro Storm on this issue so the point is still valid, so as I said, continue with your usual paranoid routine.

Paranoid routine? Do find me any evidence of the sort to prove that again, you're not full of sh*t.

Again, more lies, lies, lies. :lol:

freeridermx

Juniors
sh*t reffing had a massive effect on the game fact. no one can deny that.

i`m a storm fan i know know they didn`t play as well as they have all year in fact didn`t play well at all but to still be in the game and lose by 7 mean those calls had a huge effect . i`m never get fired up at the refs but on the weekend those calls for a gf need to be made right some of those calls were just text book and some how they got them wrong .
i still think the broncos were the better team and was very happy for them . but think we as supporters (everyone) were robbed of a great finish and the storm of a chance to be level with 10 to go.
and we never know what would of happened from then on . and we were denyed that.

Breadman

Juniors
First of all the Broncs were the better team and deserved to win the game,
BUT, the ref was absolutely hopeless and gave the Broncos some good calls,
take off the maroon glasses Broncos fans.

Breadman

Juniors
Also, Bennett is a grumpy old codger and Hodges still is and always
will be the King of farkwits

salivor

First Grade
philstorm said:
Paranoid routine? Do find me any evidence of the sort to prove that again, you're not full of sh*t.

Again, more lies, lies, lies. :lol:

Lies? Well here's the evidence you requested:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=153913
salivor said:
Major injury waiting to happen.
philstorm said:
Based on your posts around the board, you'd like to see that happen wouldn't you? You and your anti-storm mantra ... :roll:
scottyeel said:
Don't worry salivor, he accused me of the same thing.:lol:
Philstorm I think you're in desperate need of some anti-paranoia drugs ok.:sarcasm:

You're a paranoid fruit-loop at times, case closed.

Nullajet

Juniors
typical broncos wankers is all i can say......with no clue and no class........can not even admit the storm were absolutely cruelled by a nyumber of bad decisions.

And none of you have addresssed the question...the issue.....had you suffered those same set backs...are you going to sit there and tell me in all honesty that you would not be bleating and whinging about it???

And if you believe all that tripe about how the staff changes were the reason you won it this year and not last year......i can only assume you havent played the game yourself or in fact any sport....

sport is like that......there is a fine line between winning finals games this year and not last year... I am quite sure that had Lazzo, Walters and co still been with your lot this year, they would have travelled just as well as they have.

It is pointless talking to you broncos fans because you honestly live in the propaganda capital of the football world where you believe the broncos are some sort of saintly club.....
The ref/vid ref was f**ked, the bronco were deserved winner, but Melbourne were never afforded the chance they deserved ..THEY are the FACTS!

juanfarkall

Coach
Suck it up big boy.

I hate both the Broncos and the Storm but I love the fact that Melbourne have been victims of Karma.

They have recieved the "rub of the green" plenty of times throughout the season, only a hypocrite would deny that.

Besides they deserve to lose, just for taking money to pretend to be Victorians.

Karma is real.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Nullajet said:
typical broncos wankers is all i can say......with no clue and no class........can not even admit the storm were absolutely cruelled by a nyumber of bad decisions.

i did admit that storms had some critical decisions going against them. Once again read what people write and defend your logic to other peoples logics. This only goes on to show that you have no respect for other peoples comments and that you are a typical egoistic uneducated person... stop talking before you make yourself more of a fool..

Nullajet said:
And if you believe all that tripe about how the staff changes were the reason you won it this year and not last year......i can only assume you havent played the game yourself or in fact any sport....

sport is like that......there is a fine line between winning finals games this year and not last year... I am quite sure that had Lazzo, Walters and co still been with your lot this year, they would have travelled just as well as they have.

It is pointless talking to you broncos fans because you honestly live in the propaganda capital of the football world where you believe the broncos are some sort of saintly club.....
The ref/vid ref was f**ked, the bronco were deserved winner, but Melbourne were never afforded the chance they deserved ..THEY are the FACTS!

WTF? Are you just stupid or were you dropped as a child??
Yes, there is a fine line between winning finals and losing them, but is there a fine line getting to the finals?? NO! If it is really a fine line, where were the sharks in recent times?? eh?? surely if it's a fine line, its based around probablity, and so the sharks would have been in a recent finals series with some success... hmmmm where is that?
Also, if your argument above with the whole "it would have been the same with Walters and co" sh*t comment, why do people want to better schools? why do people want to go to better Unis? Its the TEACHERS THERE!!! its not the f**king students, its the teachers and the professors there that make the students great, to their potential.. you are really stupid to argue with a comment that has no logic or evidence supporting it....:arrow:
If Lazzo and Wlaters and Co would have made the same impact as our current staffs, why don't the "Great" sharks employ them? they certainly would have done wonders for the broncos and won the premiership this year with them...

salivor

First Grade
Nullajet said:

And none of you have addresssed the question...the issue.....had you suffered those same set backs...are you going to sit there and tell me in all honesty that you would not be bleating and whinging about it???
Is this the best response you've got? You've proven yourself to be nothing but a troll who can barely put together a coherent or intelligent sentence together.

But I will entertain your question. I can honestly answer with 100% certainty, no. Back in 2002 we played the Roosters in the Major Semi-final, we had some poor decisions go against us and some would say that it cost us a shot at the Grand Final. I didn't blame the ref that day and I still won't to this day as we were beaten by the better side on the day.

Blaming referees is weak. Going into the GF these were the stats: Broncos test caps 112, Storm test caps 36, Broncos SOO caps 135, Storm SOO caps 40, Broncos players who'd played in a Grand Final 17, Storm players that had played in a Grand Final 1. If the Broncos had lost, the only ones they would've had to blame were themselves as we oozed with big game players and the better side will always rise above.

Nullajet said:

I haven't played to NRL level and it's quite evident you haven't either. So how about we ask an expert in this field, a player that's been there, done that, captained Premiership, Origin and Tri Nations winning sides and a bloke who has witnessed first hand the Broncos changes this year. I present to you the comments of Mr Darren Lockyer:
Darren Lockyer said:
Our new performance co-ordinator Dean Benton laid the foundation for change with a brutal pre-season regime.

The demanding nature of the pre-season ensured we were not only physically ready but hardened mentally - which is a massive part of surviving the six-month-long season.

Ivan Henjak returned and with Wayne, helped restructure our playing style. While still playing to our strength up front, we improved our second phases and ball playing.

Peter Ryan also deserves a mention. From experience I can say he has been an enormous addition to our coaching staff and played a big role in the improvement of our defence.

But the best-laid off-season plans can quickly unravel if you don't have the right people to steady the ship when things go awry.

More than ever before, Wayne has welcomed input from the playing group this year and created an atmosphere where everyone feels some responsibility for what happens on the field.
Well what do you know, seems like he gives a lot of credit for the off-season hiring and firing and the new direction and outlook from Bennett. Now let's see, who's opinion on internal Broncos matters is more valid, Darren Lockyer or Nullajet? Hmm, I'm undecided as it's so damn close.

Oh and cue incoherent ramblings:
Nullajet said:

miccle

Bench
Nullajet - I'll keep this simple and straight to the point.

The decision that lead to the Matt King no try was right and wrong. It was a no try, but a double knock-on. Who's to say they would have scored off the next set? The strip rule that also got us two points was wrong - I'm admitting that much.

I might be dirty on the ref for a call or two, but I wouldn't be saying it cost us the game.

I think Brisbane were the better team on the night of the grand final, and even if the two 50/50 calls went Melbourne's way, I still believe Brisbane would have won the match.

I've been dirty after some losses due to refereeing decision - and believe me mate, true Broncos fans know what it's like. To qualify for the 2002 GF when we were playing the Roosters we were CREAMED 10-0 with unfair penalties in the first sixty minutes, but still only lost by 4.

I was dirty on Harrigan that night, but I still stated that the Roosters played better football and we still had every chance to win.

Refs rarely, if ever, decide the outcome of a game. Great teams can prevail.