What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King calls Simpkins a DICKHEAD!!

alive103

Juniors
Karma's a bitch isn't it Melbourne..... it only took 7 years to come back and get you blokes.

Anyone else find it ironic that the very same people that gifted them the game in '99 were the same people who cost them the game on Sunday.

Danish

Referee
alive103 said:
Karma's a bitch isn't it Melbourne..... it only took 7 years to come back and get you blokes.

Anyone else find it ironic that the very same people that gifted them the game in '99 were the same people who cost them the game on Sunday.

I didn't know Ainscough and a stiff arm were refereeing on Sunday!

alive103

Juniors
Danish said:
I didn't know Ainscough and a stiff arm were refereeing on Sunday!

I love it how Ainscough and Mundine cop the blame for that loss when they were probably Saints' two best players that year.

Harrigan and Ward were fantastic on the weekend. Just as the Storm supporters thought they were on September 26, 1999.

Brutus

Referee
miccle said:
Nullajet - I'll keep this simple and straight to the point.

The decision that lead to the Matt King no try was right and wrong. It was a no try, but a double knock-on. Who's to say they would have scored off the next set? The strip rule that also got us two points was wrong - I'm admitting that much.

I might be dirty on the ref for a call or two, but I wouldn't be saying it cost us the game.

I think Brisbane were the better team on the night of the grand final, and even if the two 50/50 calls went Melbourne's way, I still believe Brisbane would have won the match.

I've been dirty after some losses due to refereeing decision - and believe me mate, true Broncos fans know what it's like. To qualify for the 2002 GF when we were playing the Roosters we were CREAMED 10-0 with unfair penalties in the first sixty minutes, but still only lost by 4.

I was dirty on Harrigan that night, but I still stated that the Roosters played better football and we still had every chance to win.

Refs rarely, if ever, decide the outcome of a game. Great teams can prevail.

anyone who watched nrl scoreboard last nighht would know that Matt King did score a try. A 100 % try, no questions. 14-all.

juanfarkall

Coach
Brutus said:
anyone who watched nrl scoreboard last nighht would know that Matt King did score a try. A 100 % try, no questions. 14-all.

anyone who can read a newspaper or an internet article, listen to the results on the radio or watch the results on TV would know that he did not score a try and that the score was 15-8. 100%, no questions.

Karma is real.

miccle

Bench
For mine - it was a double knock-on. I still believe that Hoffman knocked it on, but Hodges did it first. IMO, that's a scrum feed to Melbourne on the ten metre line.

But that's from all of the replays that I have seen, and I respect anyone's view that believes it should have been a straight up try.

I'm still confident that we would have won the game though.. I believe we were playing too well to lose.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ref was a dickhead, fair call!

Say it as it is Kingy!

Best team of the year lost and that is a travesty if you ask me. Even more so when it was (in part) due to factors outside their control.

salivor

First Grade
Brutus said:

First of all, it's great that you form your opinion based on the media.
Secondly 14 all? This incident happened in the exact same place that Matt King scored the Storm's second try in, the spot where Geyer failed to convert from, there was no certainty that the scores would've been levelled even if the try had been awarded.

taxidriver

Coach
I'm still confident that we would have won the game though.. I believe we were playing too well to lose.

you were playing that well that it took 3 dodgy calls to keep you ahead.

storm got screwed over.

and I loved it :lol: :lol: :lol:

juanfarkall

Coach
Perth Red said:
Ref was a dickhead, fair call!

Say it as it is Kingy!

Best team of the year lost and that is a travesty if you ask me. Even more so when it was (in part) due to factors outside their control.

So anytime that the minor premiers fail to win the grand final, it is a travesty ?

Would you like me to send you some cheese to go with your whine ?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Looks like fame has gotten to Matt Kings head.

Giving the finger to the fans, Inglis is the greatest player in the universe, hell, the whole galaxy, calling the the ref a d*ckhead.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I've heard enough, i say going on the opinions of some people on this board that the NRL should reverse the decisions and give the storm the trophy as they are the rightful premiers despite them playing like busted arses in the GF.

-that way people will stop moaning about Brisbane being the 'worst' premiers
-people will stop whinging about the refereeing decisions (they occur in EVERY game and every team has been screwed over..admitedly not necessarily in the GF)
-people will stop whinging about the superleague title in 97 FFS
-Melb can be the most successful premiers of the modern era, Matt King will be forgiven for his dickhead call and we can all forget about the storm saving their worst for last

p.s. the real premiers are listed in my sig

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
This is so funny. So many losers with bitter little agendas trying to cheapen a victory that was just that. A victory. The better team won on the night. I'm just about convinced now that Nullajet was merely channel surfing on Sunday night and just happened across the GF just as Matt King clutched a knocked on ball and planted it in goal.

It's so funny to hear idiots claiming that had Matt King been awarded that try, Melbourne would have suddenly pulled themselves out of the predictable style of football they were playing all night. Suddenly Greg Inglis would fool Shaun Berrigan (who had been on him like white on rice all night). Suddenly Cameron Smith's rib would heal itself and he would make some more of those trademark dummy half runs he had been busting all night. Suddenly Matt Geyer would start landing his passes and hanging onto the ball. Suddenly Scott Hill wouldn't look so shaky under the high ball.

Hell we even saw one of these momentum turning moments when David Kidwell knocked big Petero on his bum (and props to Kidwell for the hit too, as I can't remember anyone dazing Petero like that). That shot fired the whole team up, and what did they achieve from it? Well I'll leave that to the scoreboard. The fact remains that the idiots believe Melbourne were denied a chance to compete in the match by ref decisions, when after the first three times they attacked the Brisbane line and came up short, it was abundantly clear that if they continued that way they would deny themselves a chance of competing.

Face it. Brisbane had the Storm's number from the very start. It was only under the high ball that Melbourne looked dangerous at all. To claim that a team was denied a win by a referee, when the said team hardly troubled their opposite defenders for most of the game has to be one of the softest moves you can make. And poor form really.

skeepe

Immortal
legend said:
I used to be a big King fan but I've gone right off him this year.

Against Canberra he started a fight with Weyman and was he atagonist but every time I see him play, he either wants to fight or is into the cheap shot which I never thought was his go.

I guess when you play with guys like Mick Corcker, Billy Slater, David Kidwell, Jeremy Smith and Ben Cross thuggish tactics are bound to rub off on you.

King = dickhead!

Agreed. Add to that his abusive gestures towards the crowd at least twice this season and you have a player who is so, so easy to hate. His arrogance shines through more than anything, which is sad because he's bloody talented.

dubby

Bench
I have only one thing to say to all Storm fans and sypathisers who are whinging: get over it.

It wont change the fact you lost.

It wont change the fact you didnt deserve to win on the night; they didnt turn up to play IMHO.

The ref wasnt that bad either, if you know your rules.

I find it funny that the storm have gotton away all year with laying all over the ruck and grappling, yet kick up a stink when it doesnt appear to go their way.

Get over it.

dubby

Bench
Frank_Grimes said:
This is so funny. So many losers with bitter little agendas trying to cheapen a victory that was just that. A victory. The better team won on the night. I'm just about convinced now that Nullajet was merely channel surfing on Sunday night and just happened across the GF just as Matt King clutched a knocked on ball and planted it in goal.

It's so funny to hear idiots claiming that had Matt King been awarded that try, Melbourne would have suddenly pulled themselves out of the predictable style of football they were playing all night. Suddenly Greg Inglis would fool Shaun Berrigan (who had been on him like white on rice all night). Suddenly Cameron Smith's rib would heal itself and he would make some more of those trademark dummy half runs he had been busting all night. Suddenly Matt Geyer would start landing his passes and hanging onto the ball. Suddenly Scott Hill wouldn't look so shaky under the high ball.

Hell we even saw one of these momentum turning moments when David Kidwell knocked big Petero on his bum (and props to Kidwell for the hit too, as I can't remember anyone dazing Petero like that). That shot fired the whole team up, and what did they achieve from it? Well I'll leave that to the scoreboard. The fact remains that the idiots believe Melbourne were denied a chance to compete in the match by ref decisions, when after the first three times they attacked the Brisbane line and came up short, it was abundantly clear that if they continued that way they would deny themselves a chance of competing.

Face it. Brisbane had the Storm's number from the very start. It was only under the high ball that Melbourne looked dangerous at all. To claim that a team was denied a win by a referee, when the said team hardly troubled their opposite defenders for most of the game has to be one of the softest moves you can make. And poor form really.

Well said Grimey.

Brutus

Referee
juanfarkall said:
So anytime that the minor premiers fail to win the grand final, it is a travesty ?

?

No, only when a referee virtually hands a grand final to the other side.

Brutus

Referee
juanfarkall said:
anyone who can read a newspaper or an internet article, listen to the results on the radio or watch the results on TV would know that he did not score a try and that the score was 15-8. 100%, no questions.

Karma is real.

So is diabolical refereeing in a grand final that allows a 100percent no try to be scored amongst 4 or so other crucial decisions which led to Broncos' points.

The most hollow grand final victory ever.

14-all with 10 to go - I'll back the Storm any day of the week.

Big Pete

Referee
Brutus give yourself a triple.

Hoffman touched the ball with a part of his fore-arm. No try. Should've been a double knock on.

The strip was still technically a strip because Berrigan still had a grip on the ball. It's a bad rule and one that should be looked at but it's in the rule book.

Berrigan had contact made on the head, instant penalty. Unlucky one, but again it's in the rule book.

Slater throws a forwardish pass, Hodges touches it and it appeared to touch Geyer as well. Broncos feed, justice to the Broncos for the Slater pass.

Only bad call was the sheppard, that was all, the rest were 50/50 or Stupid Rules and it cost them. IMO the entire ref system needs to be looked at and changed to fix a few things and make the games better.

Latest posts