What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

I was actually just thinking a 90% local junior backline w a mongrel pack after the cleanout.I think Griffin can make an inexperienced backline work if he had the forward pack..

1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Fegai
4. Lomax
5. Fegai
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Welch
11. Sims
12. Mcguire
13. Asiata or JDB

14. Ofenhengaue
15. Kerr
16. Blacker
17. Sailor (Probably leaving)
I am not keen on Asiata. Saw him play a couple of good games a year or 2 ago, and done nothing since. Nothing scary about his defence either.

possm

Coach
I was actually just thinking a 90% local junior backline w a mongrel pack after the cleanout.I think Griffin can make an inexperienced backline work if he had the forward pack..

1. Dufty
2. Ramsay
3. Fegai
4. Lomax
5. Fegai
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

8. Vaughan
9. Mciness
10. Welch
11. Sims
12. Mcguire
13. Asiata or JDB

14. Ofenhengaue
15. Kerr
16. Blacker
17. Sailor (Probably leaving)
Good team however, I think we need a class fullback on board until Schiller is ready. My team would be:

1. RTS
2. Feagai - left wing
3. Lomax - right centre
4. Feagai - left centre
5. Ramsey - right wing
6. Dufty
7. Sullivan

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Welch - or Pangai Jr is Welch stays at the Storm
11. Sims
12. McGuire
13. JDB

14. Ofenhengaue
15. Kerr
16. Blacker
17. Ford

Not only would RTS make a difference in the last line of defence and with his attacking flair, he would direct the rest of the team from the back.

With 3 props on the bench, fatigue should be a thing of the past and our go forward and defence up the middle should be much stiffer.

I'm sure Griffin and his staff could make this team very competitive in season 2021.

If we could some how shed some of the deadwood, Hunt, Norman, Merrin, K Sims and add those salary savings to the total gained from the departure of Frizell, Graham, Aitken, Lafai and Ellis, we should be able to afford to put this team on the field.

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
Good team however, I think we need a class fullback on board until Schiller is ready. My team would be:

1. RTS
2. Feagai - left wing
3. Lomax - right centre
4. Feagai - left centre
5. Ramsey - right wing
6. Dufty
7. Sullivan

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Welch - or Pangai Jr is Welch stays at the Storm
11. Sims
12. McGuire
13. JDB

14. Ofenhengaue
15. Kerr
16. Blacker
17. Ford

Not only would RTS make a difference in the last line of defence and with his attacking flair, he would direct the rest of the team from the back.

With 3 props on the bench, fatigue should be a thing of the past and our go forward and defence up the middle should be much stiffer.

I'm sure Griffin and his staff could make this team very competitive in season 2021.

If we could some how shed some of the deadwood, Hunt, Norman, Merrin, K Sims and add those salary savings to the total gained from the departure of Frizell, Graham, Aitken, Lafai and Ellis, we should be able to afford to put this team on the field.
Dufty doesn't like to engage the defensive line from fullback...what makes you think that will change if you move him to five-eighth...could you seriously see him taking the ball to the line and wearing a shot to set up his outside backs...I DOUBT IT...

How do you think he'd go defending in the front line...Opposition coaches would have an absolute field day coming up with game plans to get at him in attack...

For mine he's a fullback or he's watching from the grandstand like the rest of us....

possm

Coach
Dufty doesn't like to engage the defensive line from fullback...what makes you think that will change if you move him to five-eighth...could you seriously see him taking the ball to the line and wearing a shot to set up his outside backs...I DOUBT IT...

How do you think he'd go defending in the front line...Opposition coaches would have an absolute field day coming up with game plans to get at him in attack...

For mine he's a fullback or he's watching from the grandstand like the rest of us....
I would see Dufty playing in the same way that Soward did and using T Sims as his protector. Defending at 6 is easier than defending at fullback mainly because there is a group of players who could provide support in defence.

But if you are right and Dufty can't make it at 6, thenwe should let hims go.

epDragon62

First Grade
I would see Dufty playing in the same way that Soward did and using T Sims as his protector. Defending at 6 is easier than defending at fullback mainly because there is a group of players who could provide support in defence.

I think Dufty will fall by the wayside due to his defence; is a shame because he should be a Slater type.

be55

Juniors
He has been doing that all year and has been smacked around a few times setting up lomax and rav.
Getting the ball out the back floating across field with no one around him is a little different than what a good five-eighths job is, going right to the line, putting edge back-rowers through holes...Their are times where he will drop to the ground instead of bringing the ball back and he never makes those tough early set carries like other good fullbacks do. What makes you think this will change if he was moved to five-eighth.

He can ball-play no doubt, he was doing that as a junior, but ball playing from out the back is a little different than what a good five-eighths job is, to go right to the line...and again...do you seriously think he would handle defending in the front-line...it would be a disaster...

be55

Juniors

Could you just imagine a strategic coach isolating him by sending a couple of big boppers his way. like a Fafita or a Cordner charging at him at pace...Superman couldn't save him let alone Tariq Sims...
He'd end up squashed like roadkill...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Could you just imagine a strategic coach isolating him by sending a couple of big boppers his way. like a Fafita or a Cordner charging at him at pace...Superman couldn't save him let alone Tariq Sims...
I think people want to see him at 5/8 because they like him and want him in the side but can’t live with his deficiencies, especially under the high ball. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him as our long term 1 option. At 5/8 who knows, but he’d have to play there in reserves first before even being considered. I have a feeling he will eventually end up killing it in the super league. Probably fairly soon, but I’ll reserve judgment for now. He’s probably never had a decent coach.

possm

Coach
Under Bennett's guidance, Soward did OK against the best of them with Scott looking out for him.

'You'll never really know until you know'.

Dragon David

First Grade
Luke Keary weighs in at 85 kilograms while Matt Dufty and James Maloney both come in at 83 kilograms. I don't think that Dufty would be unduly targeted much more than Keary and Maloney would be.

Dufty just needs conditioning to toughen up in both attack and defence to be in the front line as a ball player and I think he could make it

Sloth

Juniors
Dufty needs to put his body on the line like he did against Saifiti last week. The more he does this he will realise he can take the big boys down. I made the Keary likeness as an example recently as well, the difference between the 2 of them is their attitude in defence.

The calm one

Juniors
Luke Keary weighs in at 85 kilograms while Matt Dufty and James Maloney both come in at 83 kilograms. I don't think that Dufty would be unduly targeted much more than Keary and Maloney would be.

Dufty just needs conditioning to toughen up in both attack and defence to be in the front line as a ball player and I think he could make it
Maloney can tackle Dufty cant

Dragons4me

Juniors

Exactly.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I would also like to see that with Duft at 6 and Tariq as a minder as was sowie with Scott.

The problem there is that as hard and tough Sims is he ain’t no Beau Scott. Beau was one hard mofo. And he could hit and not miss.
I’m sure Sowies confidence spiked knowing he had Scott beside him and players thought twice at trying to run towards them both

possm

Coach
I would also like to see that with Duft at 6 and Tariq as a minder as was sowie with Scott.

The problem there is that as hard and tough Sims is he ain’t no Beau Scott. Beau was one hard mofo. And he could hit and not miss.
I’m sure Sowies confidence spiked knowing he had Scott beside him and players thought twice at trying to run towards them both
Yes you are right. So T Sims will have to spend the off-season doing extras in fitness and strength training which can't be taught, unlike good defensive technique.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

It’s not beyond Tariq, if he can get his injury riddled year behind him and get fit he can be back to 2018 form. He seems to have lost speed to me big time. Maybe he needs to lose some weight. As Jake the Muss once said, “too much weights not enough speed work, useless pruck” Beau Scott wasn’t huge but was tough as nails.

getsmarty

Immortal
feagai-200927_gt_.jpg

NSWRL NEWS

20 stars for 2021 | Feagai twins
Author
Tom Gibbs
Timestamp
Sat 26 Dec 2020, 06:01 AM
Share on social media
Hailing from Hastings, New Zealand, Max and Mathew Feagai are St George Illawarra’s latest pair of twins who have turned heads with brilliant finishing ability throughout the NSWRL junior representative competitions.

Playing predominantly on the right edge as a centre-wing pair for the Illawarra Steelers’ 2019 UNE SG Ball team, the talented siblings were major contributors to the side that took out the premiership with a 34-23 victory over the Sea Eagles at Bankwest Stadium.

Max and Mathew accumulated a combined season total of 20 tries, with 9 and 11 respectively, from all 11 matches.

feagai_rc1_5394.jpg

Their best performance, however, was in the penultimate game before the grand final when the pair shared all of the Steelers’ five tries between them in their 26-22 win against Parramatta.

Their form during the year simply couldn’t be ignored as both earned selection in the NSW Blues Under-18s and Australian Schoolboys sides.

In a touching moment for the twins from the 2020 season, which saw them promoted to St George Illawarra’s top 30 squad, Mathew presented Max with his Dragons jersey before making his NRL debut in Round 19 against Newcastle.

Even though Max has had a small head start in his NRL career ahead of brother Mathew, the Feagai twins have signed on with the Dragons for another two seasons and there is every possibility that both will pull on the Red V jersey in 2021.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2020/12/26/20-stars-for-2021--feagai-twins/

possm

Coach
feagai-200927_gt_.jpg

NSWRL NEWS

20 stars for 2021 | Feagai twins
Author
Tom Gibbs
Timestamp
Sat 26 Dec 2020, 06:01 AM
Share on social media
Hailing from Hastings, New Zealand, Max and Mathew Feagai are St George Illawarra’s latest pair of twins who have turned heads with brilliant finishing ability throughout the NSWRL junior representative competitions.

Playing predominantly on the right edge as a centre-wing pair for the Illawarra Steelers’ 2019 UNE SG Ball team, the talented siblings were major contributors to the side that took out the premiership with a 34-23 victory over the Sea Eagles at Bankwest Stadium.

Max and Mathew accumulated a combined season total of 20 tries, with 9 and 11 respectively, from all 11 matches.

feagai_rc1_5394.jpg

Their best performance, however, was in the penultimate game before the grand final when the pair shared all of the Steelers’ five tries between them in their 26-22 win against Parramatta.

Their form during the year simply couldn’t be ignored as both earned selection in the NSW Blues Under-18s and Australian Schoolboys sides.

In a touching moment for the twins from the 2020 season, which saw them promoted to St George Illawarra’s top 30 squad, Mathew presented Max with his Dragons jersey before making his NRL debut in Round 19 against Newcastle.

Even though Max has had a small head start in his NRL career ahead of brother Mathew, the Feagai twins have signed on with the Dragons for another two seasons and there is every possibility that both will pull on the Red V jersey in 2021.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2020/12/26/20-stars-for-2021--feagai-twins/
I'd love to see the twins wearing the 2 and 4 jumpers on our left edge. For me this would be a great long term solution to the strike power on our left side. I think it won't be long until we see some really talented youngsters in our first grade backline:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

If we can hold onto this line-up for a few years our prospects will be great.

Como Connection

First Grade
I'd love to see the twins wearing the 2 and 4 jumpers on our left edge. For me this would be a great long term solution to the strike power on our left side. I think it won't be long until we see some really talented youngsters in our first grade backline:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Zac Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt

If we can hold onto this line-up for a few years our prospects will be great.
What about Rav, had a great season.
Deserves right wing spot.
CC

Latest posts