What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good example from a Moderator. Are you the soft c#nt who has been deleting my posts for libel?
That was me, and it was because you broke the rules. No one is allowed to make posts in the open forum that create potential legal issues for this website or yourself. The decision as to what constitutes libel is decided by the site administrators. We take it seriously. If anyone thinks they are above these rules, they will have to find another website's forum to post in. I don't care which team you support.

Fair warning and good luck.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Anyway who thinks it wasn't deliberate is hopelessly naive. He almost got in a fight a minute earlier. He was looking to hurt someone.

Ianc

Juniors
^ I think that's about right.

If JT is right & his headgear saved him from a broken jaw/cheekbone then Prior needs to thank the headgear mob. The MRC has record of upping the number of weeks depending on the injury.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I will be surprised if he gets 2-3 weeks, if he does they will believe it wasn't deliberate. FTR they will be guessing like everyone on this forum, there is only one person who knows if it was deliberate and Matt would be a mug to admit to it if it was. On the night I thought he would get 6-8 weeks and I will stick by that.

Red Bear

Referee
So Prior has an excuse for intentionally elbowing someone in the head now?

:crazy:
No excuse for a hit like that, quite likely his mental state is affecting his football at present though.

Pretty bad hit, 10 weeks or so for that. lol at people saying this needs ten weeks but a similar result (heavy contact to the head) from a shoulder charge somehow doesnt warrent suspension (ala Te'o, Pritchard etc). f**kin idiots.

Bretto

Bench
No excuse for a hit like that, quite likely his mental state is affecting his football at present though.

Pretty bad hit, 10 weeks or so for that. lol at people saying this needs ten weeks but a similar result (heavy contact to the head) from a shoulder charge somehow doesnt warrent suspension (ala Te'o, Pritchard etc). f**kin idiots.

lol at people who lol at people and can't understand the difference between having intent to deliberately attack the head, and not having the intent to deliberately attack the head.

Red Bear

Referee
lol at people who lol at people and can't understand the difference between having intent to deliberately attack the head, and not having the intent to deliberately attack the head.
The result is much the same, heavy contact to the head. Worse in the case of Groat and Simmons. Might not be deliberately aimed at the head but the Shoulder Charge is most definately a deliberate effort to cause damage. And the very nature of the shoulder charge, where the person executing the shoulder charge does not have eyes for the player, makes it liable to go horribly wrong. The onus is on the tackler to avoid contact with the head so when they f**k up it's suspension worthy.

Yet people think hits like Te'o's and Pritchards arent worthy of suspension :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
The result is much the same, heavy contact to the head. Worse in the case of Groat and Simmons. Might not be deliberately aimed at the head but the Shoulder Charge is most definately a deliberate effort to cause damage. And the very nature of the shoulder charge, where the person executing the shoulder charge does not have eyes for the player, makes it liable to go horribly wrong. The onus is on the tackler to avoid contact with the head so when they f**k up it's suspension worthy.

Yet people think hits like Te'o's and Pritchards arent worthy of suspension :lol:

That's a nice long bow.

Ulysseus

Bench
Suspend him for however long Thurston misses as a result of the tackle........ you know considering it was so evil.
He is going to miss a game or two isn't he?
Or is this just a pissing contest that has got out of hand?

Mr Fourex

Bench

A shoulder charge gone wrong and a player who intentionally c*cks his elbow and aims it at the opposing players head are two completely different things.

For one.......shoulder charges aren't illegal.

Using an elbow in any form is.

Use some common sense.

Red Bear

Referee
A shoulder charge gone wrong and a player who intentionally c*cks his elbow and aims it at the opposing players head are two completely different things.

For one.......shoulder charges aren't illegal.

Using an elbow in any form is.

Use some common sense.
Why should I use common sense when so many people seem to think someone putting their shoulder into somones head, causing serious injury, doesnt warrent suspension? Common sense is a detriment on this f**king forum.

And I have no doubt that Prior's was a horrible tackle, but as pointed out a shoulder causes just as much damage, if not more, when contacted with the head, yet people think one is fine and one is worthy of outrage. It's f**king silly