What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Prior (Spoiler)

How many weeks will Prior get?

• 5 weeks

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • 6 weeks

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 7 weeks

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • 9 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 10 weeks

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • 11 weeks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 12 weeks

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 19 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
So, in summary: more qld whinging & a reasonable decision at the judiciary for a stupid, brainless high shot.

firechild

First Grade
he got 45% decrease as he admitted his guilt - tony williams pleaded not guilty - thats the issue with the judicary not matt priors fault.

down31.jpg

The Blues coach did however endorse Manly’s decision to take an early plea.
“I think it’s a smart decision taking the early plea,” he said.

KiamaSaint

Coach
No claims, it's all there in the pages.

And yet you fail to quote it. What I see in those pages is lots of people melting down claiming Prior should get 12+ weeks, the rest of the season, even rubbed out for life and posters like you claiming "meltdowns" Among the dragon supporters and yet in the light of 5 weeks it is questionable which supporter base was actually melting down on Friday night.:eek:

That is all

Bretto

Bench
Fair dinkum. You lot are carrying on like a bunch of numpties.

5 weeks is probably a bit light. I called for the season initially. JT is okay, so I'm happy enough with the result.

Fact is it's not a good look for the game. Hopefully 5 weeks is enough of a deterrent for other players to not do this.

I always just think if JT had got a broken jaw from that, he'd be out for the entire SOO series.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I can live with 5 weeks, no point having a meltdown over it. Ashton Sims should have had a little spell after the Darwin game so we're not exactly the club to be taking the moral high ground over judiciary decisions.

At least Prior will be on the field next time we play them (hopefully), if our boys are fair dinkum they will give him some (legal) curry when he carts the ball up.

There are some drama queens on both sides so I would prefer to focus on this post .... ^^^^ Quality :thumb

I'm looking foreword to our next meeting too. As you suggest it should have some real spice in it.

Did Price tell Prior to take Thurstons head off? No.

Fact is he was a dog who after having the shit scared out of him by Cows forwards decided in a massive display of cowardice to attack the head of the second smallest bloke for the opposition.

Plenty of players spend their entire careers running at halves to wear them out so this is zero excuse.

And trying to use the coach as an excuse? Hope that wasn't Priors idea or his even more of a pathetic human being then I thought.

Patorick

Staff member
Did Price tell Prior to take Thurstons head off? No.

Fact is he was a dog who after having the shit scared out of him by Cows forwards decided in a massive display of cowardice to attack the head of the second smallest bloke for the opposition.

Plenty of players spend their entire careers running at halves to wear them out so this is zero excuse.

And trying to use the coach as an excuse? Hope that wasn't Priors idea or his even more of a pathetic human being then I thought.
093984-willie-mason.jpg

firechild

First Grade
Did Price tell Prior to try to put his elbow through Thurston's face?

If yes (extremely unlikely), he should never have anything to do with the game again.

If no, then it should not be taken into consideration.

hitman82

Bench
If JT's jaw was broken, I think he would have got 8 weeks. I'm ok with 5, considering the early guilty plea and such.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Are you saying a coach told one of his forwards to target the best halfback in the game?? What what whaaaaaaat????

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The funniest part is seeing players the calibre of Prior being described as a 'blue'. Are they really getting that desperate?

Who really cares, Saints got flogged and that is all that matters.

:lol:

Who's describing him like that? :?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The funniest part is seeing players the calibre of Prior being described as a 'blue'. Are they really getting that desperate?

Who really cares, Saints got flogged and that is all that matters.

Going by that Outback Qld logic, you'd be a Moron, not a Maroon.

Me personally i think 5 weeks is just about right, IMO he did not go out to intentionally hit Thurston in the head, it was careless rather than intentional

Last edited:

Latest posts