What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott

Bay56

First Grade
Greeneyed we may usually agree but in this instance we dont ... every team has injuries + suspensions ... as I said previously the Storm had a number of injured players yet still beat us.

Granted we have a number of players missing for this weeks game against the Roosters but overall this season's disappoint is not due to an abnormal injuries or suspensions. Even when we have our full strength side we play without much cohesion.

We can keep on making excuses till the cows come home. The real problem for mine is obvious.

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay..... but the Storm had Orford there and Hill back... the injured Storm players were hardly crucial.

And Bay.... if you read my entire post, I made all the exact additional points you are making.

What I am trying to say is that.... there is truth on both sides and can't we all agree that there are problems, but also inadequacies?

Bay56

First Grade
Greeneyed ... you know where I stand on Elliot .. my opinion has not changed for three seasons ...

His coaching style, tactics, selections, etc all are imo annoying and not in the better interests of this club. When I see performances on the field, by this club, that match those of the top four teams I will lay off him.

In the meantime he will receive all the criticism he deserves from me. If you or others want to be soft on him thats your right.

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay... I am not telling you to be "soft" on the coach. In fact, if you go back and read my post, it is full of some very significant criticisms. We just don't have to go over the top, and not recognise the problems faced either. As we know many of them have been self created. But some haven't.

Bay56

First Grade
Greeneyed .. as I have previously said he is part of an organisation of which this club deserves better. If he was an English PL Manager he would have been replaced some time ago.

Lack of depth, etc etc etc are all in his domain ... letting M.Moans and Lolesi go and not replacing them with a single soul are just the tip of the iceberg.

Inept management and coaching is not something this club can sustain when the other code is trampling all over us for people's arse on a a seat.

As I said .. the sooner the root cause of the problem is rectified the sooner we will once again be contenders.

edabomb

First Grade
2004 and I are planning on forming an unruly mob, going to Matt Elliotts place and setting it on fire. Anyone with us??? :roll:

Some of you guys need a serious reality check with regards to professional sport.

Bay56

First Grade
edabomb said:
2004 and I are planning on forming an unruly mob, going to Matt Elliotts place and setting it on fire. Anyone with us??? :roll:

Some of you guys need a serious reality check with regards to professional sport.

I'M IN !!!!!! :) :D :) :D

Edabomb did you get a good nights/morning/earlyarvo sleep last night.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
I've started the Matthew Elliott Official Fan Club.

If you would like to join, sign your name below.... :)

errr errrr errrr errrr no thanks :lol: :) :lol:

good luck with membership ... should be all able to meet around a small coffee table :lol: :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
Bay56 said:
edabomb said:

I'M IN !!!!!! :) :D :) :D

Edabomb did you get a good nights/morning/earlyarvo sleep last night.

I went to bed at 5am, got up at 11am went to work and just got home now. I think I just saw Brett Finch in the mirror :oops:

edabomb

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
I've started the Matthew Elliott Official Fan Club.

If you would like to join, sign your name below.... :)

Will it give my life meaning??? If so, I'm in :lol:

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
It will give your life meaning, it will give you the ability to believe in yourself, and that you can achieve anything you set your hopes to. :clap:

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
It will give your life meaning, it will give you the ability to believe in yourself, and that you can achieve anything you set your hopes to. :clap:

Just make sure you have an oxygen mask handy :lol: :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
raiders_lover_18 said:
I'll join because i will stick by the line "He hasnt got the Cattle" :lol:

Like a farmer who hasnt gone to the stock sales to buy any :)

edabomb

First Grade
I'll join because he did an awesome job last year, and I agree with raiders_lover_18 regarding our cattle.

Bay56

First Grade
edabomb said:
I'll join because he did an awesome job last year, and I agree with raiders_lover_18 regarding our cattle.

But he is part of the reason we aint got the cattle you dorks !!! :) :)

edabomb

First Grade
When management blames Elliott for our lack of player recruitment I will agree. I still place that on management, and Eliiott, while he has some impact, should not be blamed for our losses. I haven't heard any players quoted as being unhappy with Elliott other than speculation here. The Maroons won the SOO in 1995 with Fatty Vautin as coach. Should we sign him Bay???

Bay56

First Grade
edabomb said:
When management blames Elliott for our lack of player recruitment I will agree. I still place that on management, and Eliiott, while he has some impact, should not be blamed for our losses. I haven't heard any players quoted as being unhappy with Elliott other than speculation here. The Maroons won the SOO in 1995 with Fatty Vautin as coach. Should we sign him Bay???

Edabomb I'm settling down for a relaxing night .... you know my views on Elliot/Management and who we should be aiming as a replacements and the reasons why.

Fatty Vautin
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: