What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melon's Rankings for 2006

OVP

Coach
marshall stalin said:
Roosters cannot win the comp without Comrade Finchnikov it is like the Soviet Russian Government trying to regulate the alcohol content of vodka - doomed to fail.

FOFFOFF (f**k off Finch & Friends of Finch Foundation) will be after you !!:)

aids

Bench
Raider_69 said:
:lol: fair enough that
better that then driving 3 hours there and back with the flu down to canberra to watch us get pumped by souths :lol:

you wern't pumped by souths, you were just soundly humilated
:D

where are you driving from any?

melon....

Coach
marshall stalin said:
Roosters cannot win the comp without Comrade Finchnikov it is like the Soviet Russian Government trying to regulate the alcohol content of vodka - doomed to fail.
And then you wake from your dream world Muhu, and you actually see fact in that they werent able to win one with him playing in the GF of 03 and 04.

Facts Scoop...f**king facts. Spaz.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
actually... the dogs had the worse attack in 05... we didnt score much tries after we beat the bronx in rd 20...

Parra Guru

Coach
Raider_69 said:
driving from Penrith, worst 6 hours i ever spent

The supporters bus mentioned is a good idea. Do you generally like the Penny crowd?? I have found them to be the friendliest bunch going around.

Raider_69

Post Whore
aids said:
you ever think about getting a oppostion supporters bus down the canberra?

never really considered it. Spose its always a fear someone from LU will recognise me on their bus, theres plenty on here that wouldnt mind a crack i recon :lol: Especially tiger fans, knowing my luck, ill be sharing a back seat with Ink, Simon and Tiger Nick :lol:

but its not a bad idea, i got a car now but i might consider it this season should i be faced with the situation of driving by myself.

Guru, Penrith are like any other, for the most part, they are great friendly blokes, even more so when they know your a penrith local, but they also have their share of wankers... unavoidable but thankfully the penrith wankers are generally put in their place by larger men who are there for a good time

Parra Guru

Coach
I got the bus from ANZ stadium once. Couldn't hear a penny drop.

The Broncos got worked.... But apparently they are quiet losers.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Godz Illa said:
Perhaps. However, Nth Qld were eventual grand finalists and the Roosters finished ninth.

The stats are black and white, but there are more colours required to complete the big picture, is all I'm saying.

Parra also put 50 on the Cowboys, 40 on the Dragons ;-) and over 2 games put over 50 on the Tigers so it's not like they didn't put big scores on decent sides either.

fiamacho

Juniors
melon.... said:
3. Broncos - Havent missed the semis in centuries. Very tired mob and still lacking a top class halfback, but Lockyear is the man. If he's fit, they can beat anyone. If he retires from origin, they'll probably win it.

I actually had us at 4th place behind the Cowboys, but I totally agree with your insightful assessment.

melon.... said:
14. Warriors - No Stacy....its over. Cleary has pressure to perform already. Will struggle without a genuine playmaker. Rovelli is not the answer.

I have the Warriors in either 9th or even 10th place but as you have correctly pointed out we lack a playmaker.

This post was awesome melon, cheers for that.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
A good read Melon. Even if I don't necessarily agree with some of the rankings, a very astute and insightful piece of work. Kudos to you.

drake

First Grade
A good read Melon, good effort. Disagree on Souths, and I reckon this year is the Dragon's year.

Jono078 said:
More than we won...

But that is besides the fact. Most teams would lose with their 'backup' halves.

It was just an opinion and I dont know why most are getting all fussy about me giving Knights a 7 in depth...

Which teams would be higher besides for the ones that are higher in my list?

Some teams are better than most eh? Came second on points with a fullback playing half.
I daresay the depth at Saints and Brisbane would be better.

Jono078

Referee
drake said:
Some teams are better than most eh? Came second on points with a fullback playing half.
I daresay the depth at Saints and Brisbane would be better.

Lol. Which teams would be higher besides for the ones that are higher in my list?

One of them is higher and the other equal to the Knights ;-).

P.J.

Juniors
Sorry Melon, but you're WAYYYYYYY of the mark, which is highlighted by several massive flaws...

Firstly, there isn't referee favourtism.

Secondly, how can you ranks Souths recruitment (1) better than the Roosters (0), when the Roosters got Anasta and Harrison, and Souths for Galuvao and barely anyone else?

Thirdly, injuries must be factored when considering last years figures, cause the Knights shouldn't and wont be as low as they were.

And the Raiders get a 4 for recruitment? Who the hell did they sign, I'm struggling to think of one player....