What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Eelementary

Post Whore
I woke up about 20 minutes ago to what I thought was loud laughing, and tomfoolery, from what sounded like teenagers.

We have a Ring doorbell, so I opened the app to have a look at what was going on outside - maybe they were drunk, and walking down the street, being obnoxious?

The noises then turned into screams.

And then, I could hear cries, accompanied by loud slapping sounds.

The screams continued.

Suddenly, I saw our neighbour from across the road rush over to his next door neighbour's house - the house diagonally across from ours -, yelling, and screaming, "Someone call 000!"

The guy who lives in that house had been beating his mother. It seems he had a weapon of some sort in his hand, and was screaming his mother, and debasing her.

He's known for selling drugs in the neighbourhood, and he has been previously linked to setting another person's house on fire on our street. He also attempted to kidnap a child from our local daycare a few years ago (I am not sure if he knew the child, or not). He is not a pleasant person.

My neighbour from directly across us has always been nice to us, but everyone else on my street seems to have issues with him. But he ran to help this woman, got her out of there, and called the police.

Meanwhile, I totally froze up. I actually went as far as to dial 000, but then got terrified, thinking, "What if he finds out it's me, and retaliates? What happens to my wife, and kids?"

Thankfully, someone else called 000, and in less than 5 minutes, the police arrived.

I'm grateful that someone called the police, but I feel absolutely awful that I froze in fear. What would have happened if nobody called the police? People may have died. And I could have prevented it with a simple phone call, but I couldn't do it. I wanted to, but I was overcome with absolute fear.

I kep thinking, "This man is violent, and has shown no fear - if he finds out, somehow, that I'm the one who called 000, I've potentially put a target on our back."

And I feel so pathetic about it.

I praise our police force for a rapid response - they obviously know this guy is a danger in our community.

Anyway, I just needed to vent.

Latest posts