What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merged Thread 2

girvie

Staff member
Surely said:
anyone got any info on the sharks tigers PL game ?
They play in Round 13.

This weekend Sharks have beaten the Magpies. Don't know the score.

yakstorm

First Grade
Results from NSWRL.com.au

Victoria Bitter Premier League - Round Six Results:
Saturday April 15:
Newtown Jets 32 d. Balmain-Ryde Eastwood Tigers 28 at Henson Park
St Mary’s-Penrith Cougars 66 d. North Sydney Bears 24 at Western Weekender Stadium
St George-Illawarra Dragons 42 d. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 32 at Brookvale Oval

Sunday April 16:
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 54 d. Wests Magpies 16 at Toyota Park
Newcastle Knights 38 d. Canberra Raiders 4 at EnergyAustralia Stadium

knights9

Juniors
Bulldogs won i think the score was 36-20

EDIT: The score was 40-36 with bulldogs scoring the winning try in the last minute.

Big Mick

Referee
big win for Penrith. Quite happy with the form Paul Aiton, Mick Gordon and Peter Wallace are showing. ALong with Junior Moors who is coming along nicely.

Good win for the Knights IMO....I really like the look of their PL team.

2 True Blues

Coach
Big Mick © said:
big win for Penrith. Quite happy with the form Paul Aiton, Mick Gordon and Peter Wallace are showing. ALong with Junior Moors who is coming along nicely.

Good win for the Knights IMO....I really like the look of their PL team.

This time thommo was on the 60 plus winning side again but wearin a Panthers jersey. How did he go anyway. having a great season so far Mick !!

2 True Blues

Coach
girvie said:
Newtown 38 defeated Erina 10.

I heard Newtown were an hour late after taking a wrong turn. Does anyone know if that is true?

I heard a similar story mate, but it was not quite an hour. The bus driver who had no links to the club at all apparently missed the turn off, and although passengers in the bus told him about it he ignored them, and got them lost, having to turn back again after he finally realised his error. don't know if it's actually true, but as I said, did hear that version on Saturday whilst at the Premier League game at Henson Park.

Jets starting off the season with a 38 to 10 win is great stuff though. Still got plenty of depth even if the Roosters first grade is suffering huge amounts of injuries, as well as injuries in reserve's. There is some light at the end of the tunnel with other player's of quality playing for Newtown A grade to fill the positions vacant in Jim beam ETC.....And a VERY strong Roosters Flegg side as well.....

girvie

Staff member
2 True Blues said:
This time thommo was on the 60 plus winning side again but wearin a Panthers jersey. How did he go anyway. having a great season so far Mick !!
Thompson played really well on the weekend. Unfortunately the Bears started the match against the Cougars with 5/6 of the starting pack being ball playing forwards. Thompson and the rest of the big Cougars forwards dominated the Bears pack which meant the Cougars halves and outside backs had a field day.

girvie

Staff member
Does anyone know who there scorers were in any of the games and in particular Asquith?