What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merged Thread 2

Nugby

Juniors
This could have been a horror week to play North Sydney but then again, we've now we'll get Balmain minus a couple of players.

Cronulla
Newtown
St. George
North Sydney (50 points!)
Newcastle
Parra

Big Mick

Referee
for Penrith...COugars are without Peter Wallace and Nick Youngquest...Wallace out...and Youngquest replacing Rooney in first grade i think.

Red Bear

Referee
Cronulla
Newtown
St. George
North Sydney
Newcastle
Parra

Really should've been over here earlier, but Anzac day and the end of the second cricket test has finally got me thinking its footy season again.

brook

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
for Penrith...COugars are without Peter Wallace and Nick Youngquest...Wallace out...and Youngquest replacing Rooney in first grade i think.

hmmm next time I probably shouldn't put my tips in before I check the teams :lol:

girvie

Staff member
I have heard that a few players from BRET will be playing for the Magpies this weekend such as Frank Samia, Ronald Prince, Jono Rolfe and Thomas Gemmell.

Will those players be at the Magpies for the rest of the season or is it just this weekend?

brook

First Grade
I don't know anything official but I'd imagine that for most of them its just for the weekend. Balmain are getting a lot of first graders this week so I think they just sent some of them over to help the maggies out.

Having said that I can see some of them making the switch permanent - If Caldwell cements a spot in first grade Rolfe is too good to leave on the bench (and as much as I'd rather we give the magpies useless reynolds it seems politics is keeping him assured of a spot at balmain :roll: ). Samia and Prince are probably the most likely candidates to make the switch permanent though, Balmain have a pretty impressive backline this week and unless more injuries hit first grade its not going to change for a while and I'd have to see Samia left rotting on the bench.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets beat Wests 42 to 6. ( 22 nil at half time ). An ex Jet Frank SAMIA scoring a good intercept try in the mid second half giving them 6 points. Was surprised to see Frank playing for wests as he started the season with Balmain.

Jets were in 7th place prior to this game, with 5 out of the 6 teams above them having had a BYE already. With depleted ranks due to NRL injuries in the Roosters this was a great effort !!!

girvie

Staff member
Bears won 42-32 over the Bulldogs. Would have been a bigger margin but Norths had a few errors due to lack of combinations also they slackened off at the end and Canterbury scored 3 late tries.

Scott Hill, Chris Walker, Ben Cross, Jamie Feeney, Adam Blair, Matthew Bartlett and Ryan Shortland all played for Norths.

Over 450 games of NRL experiance in the team. Perhaps one of the most experianced teams in recent PL history?

freeridermx

Juniors
how come blair and shortland played for norths ? how are they allowed to is a better question when they are with brisbane norths ?

girvie

Staff member
freeridermx said:
how come blair and shortland played for norths ? how are they allowed to is a better question when they are with brisbane norths ?
Nths Devils have had a bye for two weekends in a row so i guess Melbourne wanted them to have some game time so they were sent to the Bears.

I guess they will go back to Qld Cup next weekend but i hope they stay with the Bears and in particular Blair because he was outstanding.

They would be allowed to because Qld Cup and PL are different comps. They even allowed Balmain players to play with Western Suburbs in PL.