What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merged Thread 2

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets will have to work on their defence. They are scoring a lot of points in attack however defence is letting them down big time.

Manly were beating 28 nil at halftime last weekend, then scored twice in the second half to make it 38 nil.

Halfway thru the second half Jets actually started to play some footy and put on 28 unanswered points to come within 10 points of Manly. A late try down the middle and under the posts with 30 seconds left saw manly kick the conversion on the hooter to take the game 44/28.

Defence is a real issue.

2 True Blues

Coach
Balmain ( although would rather see Wests get up )
Newtown
St George
Canberra
Parramatta ( though Cougars could actually surprise in this one )
Manly ( Going on last weeks form, however hope the Bears get up ).

2 True Blues

Coach
So you reckon the Sharks will beat the Jets Brook ??? If we defend like we have been it should be a close game, however have heaps of attack in our side as well once they get going.

Though Sharks do look to have a good side as well, with several ex Jets in their line-up. Gonna be hard not to be cheering for the likes of Cliff MANUA and STOSIC come Saturday night.

brook

First Grade
honestly so far I've changed my tips on that one 3 times - it was not an easy game to pick.

The only reason I ended up tipping the sharks was 'cause its at Toyota but I'll be still hoping for a Jets win.

2 True Blues

Coach
Fair enough. It is actually a hard round to pick. Think with all the swappin and changing that regularly takes place in Prem/league ( combined with injuries ) teams are different from week in week out. And having seen all Jets games so far they are hot and cold. Aweful in defence and awesome in attack.

Will be interesting to see how the ex-players go against us. But the home ground advantage and the fact that Jets seem to have a shocker when AWAY, may all play a factor in the result.

You know where my heart lies though. Hopin Jets can make it three wins from five games this round, and cement a spot in the top eight.

brook

First Grade
at the moment I have the score as 26-24 with 12 minutes to go - but play is delayed because the sprinklers went on :lol:

She didn't actually say who is actually leading though so I'm still waiting to find out - tigers always play crap against wests :(

girvie

Staff member
Unlucky for Wests.

I have heard that Cronulla and the Dragons both won.

NikkiShark

Juniors
girvie said:
I have heard that Cronulla and the Dragons both won.

Cronulla 44
Tries- Travis Robinson 2, Jardine Bobongie 2, Greg Bird, Toshio Laiseni, Brett Kelly and James Stosic
Goals- Ryan Borg 6/9
Travis Robinson has a compound fracture of his ankle which has ruled him out for the rest of the season.

Newtown 18
Tries- Steve Meredith, Setaimata Sa, Andrew Le Breton
Goals- Josh Lewis 3/3

don't know about the other scores.