What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merger whispers

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Suitman said:
I'll put it this way.

If the Eels EVER merged with the Bulldogs, I would never follow League again.

Sydney FC forever.

Suity

It wont happen, it's BS, the clubs will keep using this BS excuse that the pokie tax is destroying them, they will compensate it in otherways which many already have.

Everyone pisses and moans about taxs how it will cripple them, detroy them blah blah, there are always alternate ways which are very realistic, even if it involves putting up beer prices 20c each.

I just think it's all BS because at the end of the day they got too use to a good thing.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
It wont happen, it's BS, the clubs will keep using this BS excuse that the pokie tax is destroying them, they will compensate it in otherways which many already have.

Everyone pisses and moans about taxs how it will cripple them, detroy them blah blah, there are always alternate ways which are very realistic, even if it involves putting up beer prices 20c each.

I just think it's all BS because at the end of the day they got too use to a good thing.

I totally agree with you but I also meant what I said.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: I remember seeing doco's on people preparing bunkers and developing drills into how to live underground when the millenium bug hits

Funniest sh*t i've ever seen

if someone came to you on September 10, 2001 and said they'll be terrible tragedy tomorrow and 4 to 5000 lives will be lost, would you have believed them? I knew that from that day onwards anything in life is possible.;-)

even an upcoming G'n'R's album :shock: .....or maybe not ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
if someone came to you on September 10, 2001 and said they'll be terrible tragedy tomorrow and 4 to 5000 lives will be lost, would you have believed them? I knew that from that day onwards anything in life is possible.;-)

even an upcoming G'n'R's album :shock: .....or maybe not ;-)

Fair enough, but these people belonged to a particular church:lol: probably the same as the one of David Koresh:lol:

Gunners will release it soon, heard it's contract sh*t holding things up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Fair enough, but these people belonged to a particular church:lol: probably the same as the one of David Koresh:lol:

Gunners will release it soon, heard it's contract sh*t holding things up.

but there was a terrible tragedy in September 11 2001 and G'n'R's album has not been released as yet..;-)

the point i'm trying to make is that I wouldn't dismiss any rumours, murmurs or whispers of a merge with any club after what our current board tried to do a couple of years back..

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
after what our current board tried to do a couple of years back..

OK THEN MAN, It's time to go in for the kill.

Let's get the numbers together. ;-)

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wont either eela, but i think you'll always get merger talks in regards to clubs but it isn
't feasible and the public backlase will cripple our game again.

These 2 clubs are argurably Sydneys best supported sides, hardly a wests and Tigers scenrio they were never going to survive alone with there crowds, smaller league clubs etc

I always say this, but the Roosters are lucky Peter Politis is involved with the club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
OK THEN MAN, It's time to go in for the kill.

Let's get the numbers together. ;-)

Suity

we've effectively gone for the kill, thanks to Hellsy ;-) just need to wait until we're all able to vote :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
I wont either eela, but i think you'll always get merger talks in regards to clubs but it isn

These 2 clubs are argurably Sydneys best supported sides, hardly a wests and Tigers scenrio they were never going to survive alone with there crowds, smaller league clubs etc

I always say this, but the Roosters are lucky Peter Politis is involved with the club.

Don't you mean Nick?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
we've effectively gone for the kill, thanks to Hellsy ;-) just need to wait until we're all able to vote :lol:

It might seem a bit hard to believe, but Hellsy will one day be my hero. :lol:

Suity

Pazza

First Grade
1.pattern
2.grothe
3.tonga
4.smith
5.hayne
6.Finch
7.smith
8.cayless (c)
9.Marsh
10.O'merley
11.Hindmarsh
12.Mason
13.Ryan

14.Riddell
15.Mateo
16.SBW
17.MoiMoi

Suitman

Post Whore
Pazza said:
1.pattern
2.grothe
3.tonga
4.smith
5.hayne
6.Finch
7.smith
8.cayless (c)
9.Marsh
10.O'merley
11.Hindmarsh
12.Mason
13.Ryan

14.Riddell
15.Mateo
16.SBW
17.MoiMoi

Sydney FC.....
Sydney FC.....
Sydney FC.....

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:

no doubt of a backlash...if the talk ever got strong.

btw, where would clubs like Souths, Roosters, Manly, Canberra, Melbourne and newcastle be without Crowe, PHaC, Nick Politis, Max Delmage, news Limited and Wests - Newcastle leagues club.

scary thought??

time to find us a rich sugar daddy to ensure our future me thinks...;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
no doubt of a backlash...if the talk ever got strong.

btw, where would clubs like Souths, Roosters, Manly, Canberra, Melbourne and newcastle be without Crowe, PHaC, Nick Politis, Max Delmage, news Limited and Wests - Newcastle leagues club.

scary thought??

time to find us a rich sugar daddy to ensure our future me thinks...;-)

I'd rather a good league club then Sugar Daddy, what would happen to them if they dropped dead tomorrow:crazy:

Glenn

First Grade
Suitman said:
Sydney FC.....
Sydney FC.....
Sydney FC.....

Suity

Central Coast Mariners FC....

No way in hell could I support a merger with Canterbury, even if that was the only option or be relegated to a lower tier of league.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:

not if it is a decision of the leagues club board and the football club board is sidelined....a point even MITS wasnt able to clarify a while back ;-)

Latest posts