What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merger whispers

Angry_eel

First Grade
If we merged with Bulldogs, i'll move to perth and start supporting West Coast Eagles OR move to Central coast and start supporting the Mariners. blue and gold all the way!!!;-)

hybrideel

Bench
I think this is a load of sh!t, however this is one of the reasons why the NRL should bargain better TV deals and other sponsorships IMO. That way they could then subsidise a lot more of the costs for clubs and possibly enable a raise to the salary cap to stop the exodus of players to the ESL

eel4life

Juniors
Are you SERIOUS ..

Wake up people ..

Omealy, ANasta, Myles, Anderson, Charlie Tonga, if anything the dogs are gonna merge with the roosters and move to the central coast.

They are going to be called, Sydney City Bulldogs formally known as the Sydney Roosters and Cantebury Bankstown Bulldogs, and if they merge they will be just as good as they are now, all washed up.

PLEAAAAASE, until i see it signed sealed delivered i dont believe anything ....

Rumours are Rumours and there are other ways for teams to generate income.

Smoking Rules are not going to make people stop gambling, if you are a gambler you will still go and it might be better for your health becuase it will make you stock smoking, and plus people who do not like smelling like a cigarette will go to the club and do their carackers like everyone else.

yes for those of you havent realised ...

this is a gee up ....

bulldogs, pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttt ... i dont think even fitsi will go to bed with these type of people ....

Utey

Coach
It just wouldn't be the same if we merged. I would bet we won't be for a very long time.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Whether Dean Watts is talking it up or not, we know the following:

A certian club figure has previously tried to merge.
A certian club figure has previously tries to change the logo
A certain club figure has suggested League and Union join forces

Can we trust the board on Parramatta's future? I think not.

To hear that we wont have any choice but to merge one day absolutely breaks my heart.

Suitman

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:

To hear that we wont have any choice but to merge one day absolutely breaks my heart.

But would people like you let it happen?

People wouldn't me thinks, particularly with this merger.

Suity

Tank30

Juniors
End of the day we may not have a choice....There is no doubt that club and pub income will severely decline when smoking is banned in pubs and clubs altogether...If you doubt this, go to any club and get a pokie machine in the non smoking area...Then try the same in the smoking area. One is deserted and the other is chock a block full....Also drinkers smoke...Well not all but a large percentage. I know that when this ban comes in, most of my mates will simply abandon the pubs and clubs and get together at someones house.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:

the certain person you speak of wasn't the only one in the club that wanted to merge, he had the backing of the Chairman and the board to explore the option.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
the certain person you speak of wasn't the only one in the club that wanted to merge, he had the backing of the Chairman and the board to explore the option.

Stop defending him.

I would sack the lot of them. Merging should not be an option.

I dont give a F**k if it was Fitzy or Ovo. Their all part of the running of the club, and both have a say. Fitzy is the boss and can easily quash any such ideas, the only problem is he never does.

I just hope retirement beats him to it....and hopefully, we'll get someone in who is more about our heritage than the green bill. If we stick solid, and get behind a unanimous Parramatta Eels, then no way this can happen.

Agree?

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Tank30 said:
End of the day we may not have a choice....There is no doubt that club and pub income will severely decline when smoking is banned in pubs and clubs altogether...If you doubt this, go to any club and get a pokie machine in the non smoking area...Then try the same in the smoking area. One is deserted and the other is chock a block full....Also drinkers smoke...Well not all but a large percentage. I know that when this ban comes in, most of my mates will simply abandon the pubs and clubs and get together at someones house.

Privatisation could be an option for some clubs.

I never really liked the idea, but if there's enough richos out there that want to get behind our game, than maybe the NRL should look seriuosly into it. The comp won't be as evenly balanced as now, but more money would come into the game.

Also, we still haven't seen the full effects of pokie tax or non smoking in clubs, so we might be jumping the gun some what on this whole merger concept, which is what sh*ts me most. The sh*t hasn't hit the fan yet, and our honourable board has already gone out to find another logo/name and few extra dollars.

What a joke!

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Stop defending him.

I would sack the lot of them. Merging should not be an option.

I dont give a F**k if it was Fitzy or Ovo. Their all part of the running of the club, and both have a say. Fitzy is the boss and can easily quash any such ideas, the only problem is he never does.

I just hope retirement beats him to it....and hopefully, we'll get someone in who is more about our heritage than the green bill. If we stick solid, and get behind a unanimous Parramatta Eels, then no way this can happen.

Agree?

defending who?? it's a fact...please don't try an tell me how to think ;-)

obviously this rumour has effected you more than it should, don't worry sunshine I'm sure it won't happen in the immidiate future it could happen 10 years down the track and I'm sure the people concerned are probably not going to be there anyway when or if it does happen.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Privatisation could be an option for some clubs.

I never really liked the idea, but if there's enough richos out there that want to get behind our game, than maybe the NRL should look seriuosly into it. The comp won't be as evenly balanced as now, but more money would come into the game.

Also, we still haven't seen the full effects of pokie tax or non smoking in clubs, so we might be jumping the gun some what on this whole merger concept, which is what sh*ts me most. The sh*t hasn't hit the fan yet, and our honourable board has already gone out to find another logo/name and few extra dollars.

What a joke!

I'm 150% for a privatisation if we get the right person backing us...

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
defending who?? it's a fact...please don't try an tell me how to think ;-)

obviously this rumour has effected you more than it should, don't worry sunshine I'm sure it won't happen in the immidiate future it could happen 10 years down the track and I'm sure the people concerned are probably not going to be there anyway when or if it does happen.

Im just concerned thats all.

Im also concerned that some fans will feel that it is acceptable to merge with another team.

As for the 10 year thing, well if its next year or in 12 years it doesn't make it any better.

watching the EELS week-in week out knowing there not going to be around eventually does concern some people, or atleast me. Enjoy the next 9.5 years anyhow;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Im just concerned thats all.

Im also concerned that some fans will feel that it is acceptable to merge with another team.

As for the 10 year thing, well if its next year or in 12 years it doesn't make it any better.

watching the EELS week-in week out knowing there not going to be around eventually does concern some people, or atleast me. Enjoy the next 9.5 years anyhow;-)

can you tell us the result of this survey you conducted?? ;-)

Hallatia

Referee
I thik just like many Eels fans that I could not continue to support them if they merged with the dogs, te teams are traditional rivals and it would like abandonig the fans of both teams. The thought of a merger with such scum sickens me

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
can you tell us the result of this survey you conducted?? ;-)

Point taken.....but what would you do if we merged with the dogs?

Would you have the heart to continue supporting, or would the fanatical eelavation slowly taper off into obscurity, much like some of the ARL fans during the Super League war.

Latest posts