What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters
Haters lol, you f**king goose.

Seriously how can you have 3 different clubs win one premiership?

You can't.

Oh wait if you live in St George-Illawrra land apparently.
St George won the 2010 premiership.
Illawarra Steelers won the 2010 premiership.
St George-Illawarra won the 2010 premiership.
(I never get tired of reading that)

Funnily enough the only NRL fans that saw 3 teams beat the Roosters in 2010 are St Merge fans!

juanfarkall

Coach
Haters lol, you f**king goose.

Seriously how can you have 3 different clubs win one premiership?

You can't.

Oh wait if you live in St George-Illawrra land apparently.
St George won the 2010 premiership.
Illawarra Steelers won the 2010 premiership.
St George-Illawarra won the 2010 premiership.
(I never get tired of reading that)

Funnily enough the only NRL fans that saw 3 teams beat the Roosters in 2010 are St Merge fans!

Exhibit B ... and probably pissed that he/she missed out on the "A" spot...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Im sure you dont Greggy...Im sure youre just commenting as I do...something willie cannot seem to grasp, either that or he really really really cares for me.
You're just not being up front about it Inky. You've obviously picked your side of the debate, and you've 'commented' on it plenty of times.

As Greg said, people will support their team. No changing that. People will think for themselves, despite your protests.

Bottle or anyone sticking up for their team isn't a crime. You want people to stay in neat boxes. As I said, nice try.
innsaneink said:
We all have our own opinions on this, I merely pointed out that you cannot ignore something and comment on it...its impossible
That's quite a knot you've tied there.

juanfarkall

Coach
LOL, Juan, once more for a laugh are you claiming that 3 clubs won the 2010 premiership?

Exhibit B... please feel free to provide a link to the post where you allege that I made such a claim.

The time that you will spend searching should be good for at least a few more hours of bitterness for you and smiles for me.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
How can you say that his claim on the cars is better than mine without knowing how long we both had them.

Nemo Dat principles. You borrowed the cars off him. Your right to claim ownership is automatically less than his. Can never be greater unless you start dealing with the true owner.

Also, after cousin Leroy was imprisoned for booing Russell Crowe's performance in A Beautiful Mind Leroy gave me the cars without actually specifying whether they were a gift or not. On his release and before the gardening incident not once did he ask for their return.

Potential constructive trust... Potential bailment... Potential gift... certainly no obligation to provide for cousins...

Look if you want legal advice I will have to start charging...

bottle

Coach
LOL...how can you ignore it when you respond to it?

Nice try.

Ha, if you say so. Looks like I'm on a hiding to nothing here. If I say I don't care about something, then secretly I care about it a lot. If I say I ignore it, the very fact that I mention it belies that.
I know how I sit in my own skin. Not trying to convince you of anything. Unlike a lot of others posting on this subject I don't need you to think the way I do. However if me commenting on the issue at all makes you feel like I'm disingenuous then you're a winner because I'm a forum user and I will comment from time to time, even on things I don't accept as given. You're free to believe me or not if I suggest I feel a certain way. Again, it doesn't matter to me (but of course the fact that I've replied means that secretly it really does matter to me, right?) I have bigger issues in my life, as we all do, then having to seek belief in me from anonymous people.
As for 'people constantly questioning it', I'm in a job where I meet lots of people, many of them League fans. The whole concept in question doesn't resonate in the world outside of this forum from my limited experience. No one has ever raised it with me, and I take every opportunity to brag about the Saints. I have only ever been exposed to this myopic view on here. Not surprising given that it's a place where the more fanatical and opinionated League fans are likely to gather.

bottle

Coach
Drible dribble dribble

So what does the Illawarra fan do? Does he also treasure the last 31 years? Does he view it from the saints perspective from the illawarra perspective? You guy are messed up, your living the dream LOL. One saints fan posted earlier 15 for saints plus 1 as St George illawarra plus 1 for Illawarra, which all adds up to 16 lol Still trying to work out who scored first Saints or Illawarra lol

Where does the Illawarra fan stand in this whole thing! West Tigers have acknowledged the truth, new club, new start but still proud of the past and walk forward with a new binging as a new club just like yours!

You guys wont let go of the past you wont acknowledge the Illawarra aspect.

Don't know how to multi quote/quote from different posts so have to deal with this one separately.
I don't know anyone personally who was originally a Steelers fan , but from the ones I see on here I would say that what they do is celebrate our teams success. Again, I'm not about to try and dictate to them how they should think/feel. I leave that up to the likes of you. My point being that you're not succeeding at it, so it's beyond me why you continue to waste your time. Probably for the good of mankind or some such sh*t.
Living the Dream, you bet!! Been Dreaming about it for a long time, just goes to show, dreams do come true. So stick with it, even Soft Sydney might snare one. As for Wests Tigers fans, WTF. I don't give a rats what they think about their club (secretly I do of course because I mentioned it), up to them. Again, I'm not the Feelings Police.
I don't even know what 'acknowledge the Illawarra aspect' means. For me St. George is now the Illawarra, and the Illawarra is St. George. The past, present and future are inextricably linked. It's people like you that want us to 'let go of the past' so you can feel better about yourself. I don't need to, I already feel pretty good.

Ulysseus

Bench
Clearly I was referring to the number of premierships won throughout your entire history.

FTR, Canberra has 3 premierships in their 29 years of existence.

3/29 = 0.103

Stain

1/12 = 0.0833

Raiders > Soulless Merge Scum

Hold up, didn't you merkins go to Super League?, aka "The Lets subscirbe to Foxtel Cup".
I know what is f**king soul less, go sit in the corner with Cronulla.

Canberra sold their soul to News Ltd.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Don't know how to multi quote/quote from different posts so have to deal with this one separately.
I don't know anyone personally who was originally a Steelers fan , but from the ones I see on here I would say that what they do is celebrate our teams success. Again, I'm not about to try and dictate to them how they should think/feel. I leave that up to the likes of you. My point being that you're not succeeding at it, so it's beyond me why you continue to waste your time. Probably for the good of mankind or some such sh*t.
Living the Dream, you bet!! Been Dreaming about it for a long time, just goes to show, dreams do come true. So stick with it, even Soft Sydney might snare one. As for Wests Tigers fans, WTF. I don't give a rats what they think about their club (secretly I do of course because I mentioned it), up to them. Again, I'm not the Feelings Police.
I don't even know what 'acknowledge the Illawarra aspect' means. For me St. George is now the Illawarra, and the Illawarra is St. George. The past, present and future are inextricably linked. It's people like you that want us to 'let go of the past' so you can feel better about yourself. I don't need to, I already feel pretty good.

I need some entertainment as we all do on here during the off season to answer your question.
I am however very pleased your feeling better now thats just super, if there is anything you need to talk about you always have me to support you when you need a good cry. Just be sure to keep taking those laxatives so you dont block up again.

Moving forward (I love saying that) We are having a good go at working out the middle east problem on here, your either part of the solution or part of the problem. Read my initial post and get an education if you fail to comprehend the point or topic on offer.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Hold up, didn't you merkins go to Super League?, aka "The Lets subscirbe to Foxtel Cup".
I know what is f**king soul less, go sit in the corner with Cronulla.

Canberra sold their soul to News Ltd.

Not taking any sides but thats actually quite funny, I might use it one day i hope you dont mind. :D

bottle

Coach
Read my initial post and get an education if you fail to comprehend the point or topic on offer.

Me comprenhsions as good me spellun. But I've read some of your posts a few times and they still make no sense. This one's no exception. I usually offer people the benefit of the doubt and assume they're actually interested in having some sort of conversation. Too often though I am sadly disappointed (that's the crying part), and what ends up being served up is something akin to the drivel you've just delivered. If getting an edumacation means communicating as you do, I'll stay ingerant thanks.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Thats the problem with being a reasonable League fan SoftSydney..

League is a great game but a lot of the fans are totally unreasonable.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Me comprenhsions as good me spellun. But I've read some of your posts a few times and they still make no sense. This one's no exception. I usually offer people the benefit of the doubt and assume they're actually interested in having some sort of conversation. Too often though I am sadly disappointed (that's the crying part), and what ends up being served up is something akin to the drivel you've just delivered. If getting an edumacation means communicating as you do, I'll stay ingerant thanks.

Drivel is your specialty, steering away from the topic at hand is also what your doing, I am interested in the initial topic raised and that is all I am interested in disussing. Which is does St George Illawarra have 16 GF's or 1... thats it that is what we are discussing. Do you have something to put forward besides "who cares". Can you show me they have 16, if you want to dance around the subject go do a salsa class, if you cant or dont care then dont participate. Its that simple!

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
No I never said that. But thanks for trying.

I know it upsets you.

Please note that your views on the world don't unsettle me one bit.

Good luck.
Ok, lets look just a few posts back.

We find this little gem.
Unfortunately Cuppy, there are some people who actually believe it to be that simple. Fact is, the Steelers were about the fold in 1998. If not for the joint venture, there would be no NRL games in Wollongong. Plus no development programs in place like we have now. And the Illawarra juniors, what was left of them, would have simply been subject to the open market.

St George had the money and this made the joint venture possible. St George also had the more successful name for marketing. The Illawarra has a big backyard of juniors. So it is a good partnership.

Thanks to the joint venture, junior development in the Illawarra is stronger than it would have been, and numerous NRL clubs have benefitted from this.

No, you never said it was a joint venture.:roll:

Of course my views wouldn't upset you, you are happy to live in blissful ignorance. Anyone that lives there wouldn't understand other views, let alone be upset by them.

You've told me in one of these threads before what every Illawarra fan was thinking, then you think you're clever by asking someone else if they speak for other fans. You are a hypocrite, plain and simple.

There are some brain dead morons on this site but you take the cake.

bottle

Coach
Drivel is your specialty, steering away from the topic at hand is also what your doing, I am interested in the initial topic raised and that is all I am interested in disussing. Which is does St George Illawarra have 16 GF's or 1... thats it that is what we are discussing. Do you have something to put forward besides "who cares". Can you show me they have 16, if you want to dance around the subject go do a salsa class, if you cant or dont care then dont participate. Its that simple!

I'll participate all I like whether you like it or not. My post that seems to have you so upset was a direct response to a statement that was made in this thread. I didn't see you flaming that poster to stay strictly to the topic according to your criteria. Who died and made you the thread police, choosing who can say what when?
You then chose to respond to my post and posed a series of questions. I showed you some respect and answered them. That was what threw you, the risk of having to enter into an actual two way conversation with an adult. You proved entirely incapable and reverted to some rubbish post. Your choice to deviate from the topic at hand, not mine.

Exhibit B... please feel free to provide a link to the post where you allege that I made such a claim.

The time that you will spend searching should be good for at least a few more hours of bitterness for you and smiles for me.

You are claiming it is St George Dragons 16th premiership.

Are you claiming that Illawarra Steelers and St George-Illawarra Dragons dont get a premiership, because if you are thats even more laughable.

SoftSydney

Juniors
I'll participate all I like whether you like it or not. My post that seems to have you so upset was a direct response to a statement that was made in this thread. I didn't see you flaming that poster to stay strictly to the topic according to your criteria. Who died and made you the thread police, choosing who can say what when?
You then chose to respond to my post and posed a series of questions. I showed you some respect and answered them. That was what threw you, the risk of having to enter into an actual two way conversation with an adult. You proved entirely incapable and reverted to some rubbish post. Your choice to deviate from the topic at hand, not mine.

I told you what I am keen to discuss, but u keep dancing around the subject.

SoftSydney

Juniors
St. George Premierships: 1941, 1949, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1977, 1979, 2010.

Illawarra Premierships: 2010.

St. George-Illawarra Premiereships: 2010

Here is a classic..... the signature of one of the posters on trhis thread. Yet another one that saw two teams grandfinal day, I will ask him the same question who scored first grandfinal day Saints or the Steelers?