What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to all tigers players

TimmyB

Juniors
No doubt.

The refs cottoned onto it after the 05 victory, but Sheens never changed tactics.

Now it seems to have worked again last night we'll undoubtedly see him try and push the players to do it more and more.

Its a shame really because IMO it ultimately hurts the west tigers as by encouraging his forwards to surrender Sheens discourages the offload. Excluding Farrah the Tigers didn't have a single forward in the top 50 for offloads last year, and with the pace of your backline and Marshall's ability in open play that is bloody horrendous.

Watch the match again. The only forward who surrenders regularly is Gibbs. Honestly, I'm not being biased here; there's no need to be, I wouldn't be annoyed or ashamed if we were surrendering in tackles. It just became clear watching the match again after reading your post that we were not surrendering last night. Even if we were, we hardly gained an advantage out of it, Manly were absolutely dominating us in the ruck.

TimmyB

Juniors
We received four penalties for high shots. One against Gibbs was blown almost instantly, without Gibbs taking a dives. In another, Chris Heighington broke his nose. In a third, Fitzhenry looked to be concussed and in a bit of trouble after copping the hit.

I think it's fair to say Fulton took a dive. Doesn't make the whole team divers. The fact remains, if Manly weren't taking dog shots our blokes wouldn't have any grounds to dive.

chunk

Juniors
This game was skill of the Tigers verses the ability to slow the ruck down of Manly.

No doubt Manly dominated the ruck but...................

Its good to see that skill won over this time.

Unless Manly feel that the wrestle is the most important skill in the game

effnic

Bench
Awww dont let it get to you to much bub, its just a silly thread by silly effie dry your eyes.

Apey

Staff member
message to supporters, congrats on extending the contract of your legendary coach.

Ulysseus

Bench
Pretty piss poor from Wests right about now, 37 minutes to win it.
Without disrespect to Manly, they have been out of sorts in winning 3 from their last 8.
f**k the betting market, Wests were expected to win this game, to take outright second and to stamp themselves as entertainers capable of giving it a shake.
Frankly I hope Manly spank their arrogant arses in a non homosexual manner to take the yap out of Gould and co, and I don't particularly hate Wests or Manly, on Manly I hope Saints give them a thumping in a few weeks time to make amends for that performance 2 months ago.