What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan quits as Parramatta Eels coach

Didn't have to...... he made it for them.

Mind you I would guess that the questioning of one particular board member would have been the catalyst for Hagan's decision.

Yes Yes, no doubt. 5 weeks to come up with some answers. His answer was Iwi Huaraki, whom we hadn't signed.

I don't have any inside info on this one folks but it wouldn't surprise me that Hages thought he was going to be pushed out of the club last night, and quite personally no matter what you heard about not having enough cash to get rid of him or to pay him out. I think he was going to be fired for cause. Again that is like Avenger's gut feeling.

The Colonel

Immortal
Can't see how the hating for Hagan is warranted. One bad season with plenty of crap that happend which was out of his control eg Tim Smith leaving mid season, now he's practically pushed out? We were one game away from the GF just over a year ago weren't we?? Shame Parra, shame. We all know who needs to be given the arse. D.Fitz.

There was plenty of crap that was outside his control, no denying that one. However, there was also a lot of crap that was well within his boundaries to be able to fix and much of it was quite obvious to quite a number of people. It isn't just Hagan that needs to take the responsibility for what has happened but unfortunately for him he has seemingly found himself in an unworkable position and jumped.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Doesn't stagger owe someone a 6 pack now. :lol::lol::lol: Im so happy i could chip in if you like stagger.

no he doesn't..

Stagger had a bet with Avenger that Hagan WILL NOT!! be paid out and that is exactly what happened...

Stagger rang Avenger this morning to tell him that the best was off and he agreed..;-)

* here's a few things I heard, Fitzy revealed it to the board last night that hages quit last week...

* there's a push from one area for Flanagon.

* Graham Murray is a dark horse for the job and so is Matt Cameron.

* Anderson is still a clear favorite.

there you go.

eelz47

Coach
no he doesn't..

Stagger had a bet with Avenger that Hagan WILL NOT!! be paid out and that is exactly what happened...

Stagger rang Avenger this morning to tell him that the best was off and he agreed..;-)

* here's a few things I heard, Fitzy revealed it to the board last night that hages quit last week...

there you go.

have you been on the phone all morning? :lol:

Daneel

Bench
no he doesn't..

Well do yourself a favour and going buy one anyway, but drink it yourself. It is a fine day for a quiet celebrationary beer.

Gronk

Staff member
Flanagan would be cheap, so he must be Fitzy's choice.

Murray and Cameron would be a backwards step.

DanAn is the logical choice.

fish eel

Immortal
Someone owes someone a beer!

Credit to Hagan for having the backbone to pull the pin this far out and not chuck a Smithesque wobbly and self destruct midway through a season

The Colonel

Immortal

there you go.

Murray? :roll:

I'd be more than happy with Matt Cameron....

Gronk

Staff member
Credit to Hagan for having the backbone to pull the pin this far out and not chuck a Smithesque wobbly and self destruct midway through a season

You're assuming that he resigned on his own free will. There could have been a contract re-jink that allowed him a golden hand shake.

HevyDevy

Coach
not if you speak to Hevy Devy and when it comes to all things DA, HD would know...;-)

Actually I haven't spoken to him for a while but I can't see him knocking back his dream job if it came up.

Out of interest though, I would expect DA to get a bit more from the squad in 2009 but given that he had nothing to do with recruitment and retention it would take a few years for him to be able to compile the squad he wants - so I wouldn't be expecting miracles in 2009.