What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan quits as Parramatta Eels coach

o'connell st

Juniors
get with the times. murray is dead wood and has officially retired. cameron has no idea and does not have the respect of the players. folkes? please the guy lost it 3 years ago. dave fairleigh is just as bad as hagan. anderson hasnt coached in the NRL for years and i cant see fitzy paying the cash he is after.

shane flanagan is a great option. an even better one is STEVE KEARNEY. im astounded people are voting for dead wood over these two blokes who have coached with the best and can shake things up. our attitude and defence has vanished. these two men can bring it back

The Colonel

Immortal
Flanagan would be cheap, so he must be Fitzy's choice.

Murray and Cameron would be a backwards step.

DanAn is the logical choice.

Murray I agree with being a backward step but how is Cameron a backward step? He is the current NYC coach and has been with a lot of these junior players we have coming through the lower grades.

Cameron, outside of Anderson would be the next best choice IMO.

HevyDevy

Coach
get with the times. murray is dead wood and has officially retired. cameron has no idea and does not have the respect of the players. folkes? please the guy lost it 3 years ago. dave fairleigh is just as bad as hagan. anderson hasnt coached in the NRL for years and i cant see fitzy paying the cash he is after.

shane flanagan is a great option. an even better one is STEVE KEARNEY. im astounded people are voting for dead wood over these two blokes who have coached with the best and can shake things up. our attitude and defence has vanished. these two men can bring it back

Is that you Shane?

Gronk

Staff member
Murray I agree with being a backward step but how is Cameron a backward step? He is the current NYC coach and has been with a lot of these junior players we have coming through the lower grades.

Cameron, outside of Anderson would be the next best choice IMO.

Frankly the Eels NYC team play pretty boring and predictable footy IMHO.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
RIP in parramatta - come on.!!

Just the headlines possibilities alone are a good enough reason - RIP EM APART, RIPPING INTO THE OPPOSITION

Yeah if by Predictable you mean.

0 - 20 Minutes , Play Okay
20 - 40 Minute, Let a few in
40 - 60 Minute, Let another few in.
60 - 80 Minute Option: Play Brilliant Football and win, or Repeat 40 - 60 minute mark.

Just the headlines possibilities alone are a good enough reason - RIP EM APART, RIPPING INTO THE OPPOSITION

Well Ovo did say during the Presentation after the Grand Final at Wenty that he would love to see Rip in a Parramatta Shirt again some time soon.

spiderdan

Bench
i feel a bit sorry for hagan but at the end of the day i don't think he is suited to being a top level coach. the decision to move on i think is the best thing for him, his family and the club (depending on who we get to replace him).

Gronk

Staff member

Be careful, it could also be used as R.I.P Parramatta. ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal

I think injuries and promotions to a few key players made the team have to rely on other players outside of the 20 or so they started the season with. They were also subject to a fairly rigorous schedule in terms of travelling and training that many of them weren't subject to. Every NYC team went through peaks and troughs at different times through the season and the unpredictability of the whole competition helped in its first year.

I thought Cameron and Grima did a pretty reasonable job this season.

Bigfella

Coach
Although we may not have all the facts, it does seem he has made a decision based on what is best for the club, at considerable personal loss to himself.

If that's so, he is certainly a man of enormous integrity.

Hopefully other clubs will see that as a postive and it allows him to take up a position elsewhere.

And Gronk, trying to give the club the benefit for making the hard decision is drawing the longest of bows. It appears that what happened is that Hagan, realising the club would not renew his contract but not sack him, realised the situation was untenable for the club and him, and took the decision that best suits everyone but him.

strider

Post Whore
Although we may not have all the facts, it does seem he has made a decision based on what is best for the club, at considerable personal loss to himself.

If that's so, he is certainly a man of enormous integrity.

Hopefully other clubs will see that as a postive and it allows him to take up a position elsewhere.

And Gronk, trying to give the club the benefit for making the hard decision is drawing the longest of bows. It appears that what happened is that Hagan, realising the club would not renew his contract but not sack him, realised the situation was untenable for the club and him, and took the decision that best suits everyone but him.

I agree - if it was Hages choice to stand aside cos he didn't feel this coming season would work out then much respect to him!

Gronk

Staff member

If anyone is drawing a long bow it's you Bigfella. They guy had 6 weeks to show the board that he had the right stuff. Whatever has happened behind closed doors will remain confidential, no doubt about it.

What is clear however is that Hagans resignation is a result of the Board taking a stance against a coach who delivered a very poor result this year. I find it hard to understand why you wont give the club any credit for what is about to happen at the press conference.

lizziebra

Juniors
So whats going to happen if the Eels go sh*thouse this season?

I mean, maybe all the blame can go on the Players instead of the coach then?

planeteels

Juniors
WOOOOOOOT

I'm as happy as a Vibrator in a Vagina Shop!!!!

Only reason I would care about whether Hagan was pushed or jumped, would be to see if our illustrious Board & CEO grew some balls and actually made a pro-active decision about the Clubs direction.

End of the day, I'm not going to lose much sleep either way, cos he is gone!!!! Hopefully the hangover won't last long!!!

parra pete

Referee
Whoever is appointed, as sure as there is sh*t in a cat, the people on this forum will soon turn against him..That is a given..and that is the cross the new coach will have to bear...

strider

Post Whore
So whats going to happen if the Eels go sh*thouse this season?

I mean, maybe all the blame is on the Players instead of the coach then?
absolutely the blame lies mainly with the players ... but they probably need someone who will whip their arses a bit more ... hages is too much of a good guy