What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan quits as Parramatta Eels coach

So whats going to happen if the Eels go sh*thouse this season?

I mean, maybe all the blame can go on the Players instead of the coach then?

A Story I heard a while back showed me that While the Players performance had been less than adequate. The coaches constant acceptance of such performances while defending his players both internally and externally was a bigger issue this year at this club than most would think.

Whoever is appointed, as sure as there is sh*t in a cat, the people on this forum will soon turn against him..That is a given..and that is the cross the new coach will have to bear...

There is no Pressure Cooker in league quite like being the Coach of the Parramatta Eels.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It was the coaches fault, the players were unfit, unprepared and lacked team continuity, coach is gorne, things will get better, believe me!

Avenger

Immortal
every team is the same ... every team has fans who want to win

No they're not. It's good to see the Eels still have enough profile to dominate the sporting news of the day. In Sydney only the Dragons would command as much buzz on a coach quitting.

The Colonel

Immortal
http://news.smh.com.au/sport/michael-hagan-quits-the-parramatta-eels-20081021-555w.html

Michael Hagan quits the Parramatta Eels

Michael Hagan has resigned his job as head coach of the NRL club Parramatta citing family and personal health reasons.
Hagan held a press conference on Tuesday to announce he was quitting the Eels one year short of completing his three-year contract.
The former Newcastle coach has been under pressure after the Eels performed poorly this year, missing the finals when big things were expected after they made the grand final qualifier in 2007.
Former NZ Warriors coach Daniel Anderson had already been touted as a possible replacement as he's returning to Australia without a job after a successful stint with St Helens.
However, Hagan said other reasons were responsible for his decision.
"My daughters are in their final years of high school in Newcastle and the constant travel was taking its toll," said Hagan in a statement.
"I've also got a number of issues with my personal health which I need to get sorted out.
"After much thought and discussion with those closest to me I decided it would be best to go now prior to the start of pre-season training."
Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said the club was surprised by Hagan's decision but understood the reasoning for his decision and was sympathetic to his situation regarding his family and also his health.
Fitzgerald said the club would not be rushed as it began the search for his replacement but he expected to have a new head coach in place by Christmas.
Assistants David Fairleigh and Matthew Cameron would run the team, in the meantime.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hagan quits coaching post
Updated: 12:25, Tuesday October 21, 2008
Former St Helens coach Daniel Anderson is favourite to take over the Parramatta coaching position following Michael Hagan's shock resignation.
Hagan quit despite having a year to run on his contract, telling the Eels board of his decision at a board meeting on Monday night.
A premiership-winning coach with Newcastle, Hagan led Parramatta to within one game of the 2007 grand final before the Eels' fortunes slumped dramatically in 2008, finishing a disappointing 11th.
He was a dead man walking from that time on, with CEO Denis Fitzgerald refusing to guarantee his position beyond the early rounds of the 2009 season.
Hagan will front a press conference at noon on Tuesday to explain his decision.
Anderson is a former lower grade coach at Parramatta and is seen as the obvious replacement for Hagan

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=273831

woddy

Juniors
best news all year ...i think RIP will be care taker coach til Anderson takes control in 2010 gives him a year to get the playing roster he wants.....time for a beer or 10 me thinks

El Diablo

Post Whore
Fitz says he will talk to Anderson when he gets back from the USA

worrying that he mentioned Fairleigh as a candidate though

Latest posts