What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty pennies v the tigpies

GongPanther

Referee
I just want to read thoughts about the game, since I didn't watch it :(
It wasn't pretty, but the squad will be better for that outing. The structures, combinations were simply not there in that terrible first 20 minutes (it actually looked like slow-mo) although as the game progressed, we adjusted well.

Ever since they had the refs blowing the pea out of the whistle, our game flow has diminished but only slightly.

stryker

First Grade
Now you can stick your head up your arse till Rnd 24..if you've got any room up there.

The SOO Panthers players were there last night watching soaking up the verbal abuse towards their coach...they WON'T forget that tirade.
Yeah I know.
Nathan will hear that same chant on Wednesday lol.

stryker

First Grade
And behind all your bitterness and burning anger, is the all entombing realization that a top 8 spot will be of reach.
I’d like to say that last night will reignite our finals charge but it wasn’t a great hit out really.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Most likely, but again that’s not a fact this season. The only facts on offer are WT 1 - Penrith 0
It is a fact that this season, your team defeated an undermanned team. It is not rocket science. Your team was AT FULL STRENGTH.

stryker

First Grade
It is a fact that this season, your team defeated an undermanned team. It is not rocket science. Your team was AT FULL STRENGTH.
No they weren’t we had players missing. If you didn’t think the whole world revolves around your squad you may have noticed that our side was also weakened.

No they weren’t we had players missing. If you didn’t think the whole world revolves around your squad you may have noticed that our side was also weakened.
A mere technicality for schmug brotherly @stryker.

Whence the page of rugby league history be turned there will no bold notation as to origin commitments.

028A12F7-31E5-4B66-9475-A1F9B9614164.jpeg

I noted today Ivan was quick to blame poor Burton for ivans own errors and poor preparation.

A nasty comment which will hurt the youngsters feelings. No good will come of it.

Ivans singular unkindness to Burto was shortsighted and will do little to raise the overall smug level as the weeks roll on.

I warned Ivan in this very thread before the match that he wasn’t marquee. I was set upon as a heretic.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
You're having an argument you can't win. Just as bad as the guy going nuts on Twitter. Just let it be and move on to next week. Let them have their win.
Those going nuts on Twitter have been and still are Pennie fans. I’m assuming several identities from this very thread lol.

You were missing Harry Grant......because his loan deal ended at the end of 2020 😂

Since you have no one involved in SOO, who were you missing exactly?

age.s

First Grade
This is the way I see it as well. Our success is coming on the back of an absolutely stacked roster that has great cultural cohesion.

This won't last forever. Players will leave for better offers and there will be falling out between players that will disrupt the 'brotherhood' bonds. In fact it is already starting to happen come 2022.

Systems Clubs like the Storm and Roosters can simply find the right cogs to replace the missing/lost/broken ones and the machine keeps working as they are highly professional clubs with excellent coaches.

Despite my hopes that he'd become that kind of coach, I don't think Ivan is.

For us to become a Dynasty we need the production line to keep churning top quality plus hope/pray that they fit into the squad nicely.

You might be right, but Friday night isn't evidence either way. "System clubs" can replace one cog with another, they can't replace half the machine from one week to the next. The attacking combinations and defensive cohesion that makes them such a good unit just disappear and even Bellamy wouldn't be replacing them with a weeks notice.

Not to mention, our pipeline and junior development IS our system. What Gould and others have set up here should mean that we are going to have stacked roster after stacked roster. You say we're strong only because of our roster, well if that's true its on our development as thats where these players have come from. There's no reason to believe that system is about to stop working, no matter how hard this specific roster gets raided.

age.s

First Grade
Don't worry guys. We all know their joke of a club is far from a meltdown. When it happens, we'll be there.

Latest posts