What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millward's delivers a world of pain.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, I really don't think we have much to complain about with Host and Sele. Both have been given a fair bit of game time and both have also show a little bit of set back. I really Mary is not far off the mark with these two.

In the backs I certainly think we should do more and the persistence with McCrone after the recent performances is baffling. McCrone probably looked better as a result of our forwards being more dominant and now we need plan B. Plan B should not include McCrone except on the bench. I agree with the view that Simms has not provided what we should expect, he could do with a jolt in NSW Cup.

I would love us to try Mann at the back or in the halves too with Dugan at right centre, while also swapping the wingers around. We need to try something now.
My argument re Host & Sele is that if the incumbents are not doing the job consistently and in the case of some that has been the true for a while, then put the young blokes in and leave them there and then we will know for sure.
How long do we want to keep chopping and changing them and have them squeezed out of the attacking plays?
Other teams embrace their youth and actually have them heavily involved in attacking moves ala Hess & Crichton but our younger players are almost excommunicated in respect of all things attack and Sele when he did try was unfairly criticised.
He will learn from it he certainly should not be discouraged from it.
I do admit it will be hard for them especially Host playing on the RHS with Mc Crone who is clueless so that needs to be changed as well.
JT was great for a few games but has steadily gone backwards and is just a repeat of the last few years, De Belin unfortunately has started going back to the "ball playing" fiasco of last year, Sims is average and we have Packer who is no doubt playing injured.
But we keep sticking with the same team and after being all cock a hoop after the first 10 rounds we are now starting to mirror image previous years in respect of outcomes and the playing roster.

Old Timer

Coach
Four of our 2016 U20 squad with first grade experience.
We are ahead of any other club in this regard.
You keep trotting it out Duck but how many of them are regular 1st graders holding down their positions?
How many other clubs have 1 if not more 19 - 21 year olds permanently playing 1st grade?
That is where the big difference is we dabble around the edges and other clubs get on with the job..
You no doubt will come out with the line that they all mature differently etc etc but why is it other clubs can get them into 1st grade and keep them there permanently even to the point where some have been dropped for a week or so and brought back performing even better and we can't even do that properly.
Is it because our juniors are substantially lesser quality or is it the system they are in that is the issue because it has to be 1 or the other?
I acknowledge Field has said he isn't ready but is he still not playing against men in reggies are those bodies and less damaging to him after all that's what people wanted him to do play against men?
TBH my quip was more about Dufty as plenty have said he is still too small but he is up for the challenge by his own admission.
The Mc Crone thing shits me to death and I would do anything to get him out of there so probably Mann or Nona TBPH.

Drag Queen

Bench
Where exactly did I say I wanted Field as a half?
If you are going to come to shit fight try not to tread in it before it starts.

With the name Drag Queen you would certainly know about dick's and no doubt you have several live's so you must have several dicks because you can't be that stupid playing with just one.
With a name like Old Timer tells me you're out of touch. Post script: I don't have a dick. You're welcome.

Old Timer

Coach
With a name like Old Timer tells me you're out of touch. Post script: I don't have a dick. You're welcome.
Played with to too much and fell off did it?
If you somehow think that Old Timer means out of touch then don't worry about repeating any more classes at school as it is a total waste of time for you.

Drag Queen

Bench
Played with to too much and fell off did it?
If you somehow think that Old Timer means out of touch then don't worry about repeating any more classes at school as it is a total waste of time for you.
Oh, your lack of ignorance amuses me. I'm off to save some lives. Take a bex and have a good lie down old fella.

Drag Queen

Bench
Yep I keep trotting it out because it's a fact.
Why bother Duck. You can't argue with stupid.
1337398940794_9559135.png

Bench
It is obvious McIdiot is not going to give the juniors a chance to push their claims for a regular spot in first grade.
If that attitude persists much longer then it will mean that next season they will be thrown in the deep end.
A good coach is always looking to improving a team over one or two seasons.
If our juniors do not see a pathway to first grade they will leave. They do have contracts but really contracts in the NRL don't appear to worth much anymore.

Old Timer

Coach
@Old Timer
Can you list the 17 players you want McDipShit to pick....
Dufty (as we are not buying any backs he is the one to try)
Mc Donald (would drop him but not much else unfortunately)
Dugan (there to help guide Dufty and solidify the RHS
Lafai
Field (more gentle way to blood him and if he gets an offload try time)
Widdop
Mann
De Belin (any more shit ball playing into the prop rotation and Sele starts)
Frizzell
Host
Packer
McInnes
Vaughan

Bench
Sele
Lam
Thompson
Kerr

Nighty loses out as I think it is time to find the future and stop playing safe.
Aitken loses out due to injury but possibly may come back via bench.

Old Timer

Coach
Oh, your lack of ignorance amuses me. I'm off to save some lives. Take a bex and have a good lie down old fella.
Well you might be going off to save lives and good on you for doing that but that doesn't mean you have any more credibility in the forum and in actual fact it is pretty shitful of you to even mention it as you did.
Other people go about their good work discreetly and all power to them.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Coen Hess is a superstar in the making and one that has been brought along correctly. However, just to throw the curve ball at this debate nd say how much game time would he have gotten this year if Matt Scott wasn't injured?
The fact that he has taken his opportunities and performed and I must add the coach has backed him as well.
Interestingly, when we played the Cows, Hess was well contained and had little impact in the game.

duck

Juniors
Dufty (as we are not buying any backs he is the one to try)
Mc Donald (would drop him but not much else unfortunately)
Dugan (there to help guide Dufty and solidify the RHS
Lafai
Field (more gentle way to blood him and if he gets an offload try time)
Widdop
Mann
De Belin (any more shit ball playing into the prop rotation and Sele starts)
Frizzell
Host
Packer
McInnes
Vaughan

Bench
Sele
Lam
Thompson
Kerr

Nighty loses out as I think it is time to find the future and stop playing safe.
Aitken loses out due to injury but possibly may come back via bench.
Hmm. Not enough 18 year olds in there.

Think of the future.

Old Timer

Coach
Hmm. Not enough 18 year olds in there.

Think of the future.
Got to get the 20 - 21 year olds that we already have on contract through 1st as they deserve their chance don't they or do they need to do more apprenticeship?
When we get them slotted in of course any outstanding 18 year olds can then be looked at.

possm

Coach
Point 1. No doubt Millward hasn't covered himself in glory when it comes to player signings but I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to manage the cap
Point 2. Millward is probably under instructions from tight*ss Doust to keep things in check because him and the board are useless at attracting TPA so aren't able to rely on those funds.
Point 3. What is clear is that Mary is wholly incapable of developing players(Dufty & Field should both have had decent game time by now as an example)& correcting players faults(poor kicking from McCrone, McDonald rushing in). That, to me, is where it all starts and ends.
How does it get fixed?? It won't because of Point 2.
A coach won't drop a player if he is playing to instructions. It's the coach, it ha always been the coach.

Latest posts