What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce arrested over altercation outside a Kings Cross nightclub

BranVan3000

Coach
So did he go the frontal grope or what?

What has actually been alleged?

The only thing that is beyond doubt and proven is that he's one of the selectors boys and a bog average player.

Nothing is alleged, the woman doesn't want to do anything. Looks like he may have gone for a pinch/slap/poke/grab of her ass, but nobody can be sure. As it is, it should be left alone. And probably will be unless the papers decide to go on a witch hunt as they did against Teo

The club/NRL may punish him but I wouldn't expect anything more

The NRL response was in no way based on the facts that were later established at the trial.

If you remember the event, the Stewart ban was handed out within a week of his incident occurring. The trial was months later down the track. At the time, the implication was that he had been drinking and had acted up. He was then banned. Much later down the track he was found not guilty of all of the above.

I remember the events & the circumstances before & after.

What is your point ? You seem to now be agreeing with me that no precedent has been set and that Stewart was not drunk & disorderly.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Am not too sure about that. Some of those pics she looks slightly...ahem....masculine. Be careful who (what) you tap on the backside nowadays Retch:D

i thought so too but they describe her as woman no reference to any other gender or preference

I remember the events & the circumstances before & after.

What is your point ? You seem to now be agreeing with me that no precedent has been set and that Stewart was not drunk & disorderly.

The point is quite simple. If Stewart was banned for 4 weeks on the assumption that he had been drinking and acting up. Pearce should cop the same punishment. The precedent has been set.

Found guilty / not guilty later down the track, it shouldn't matter.

No charges have been pressed in this case, but that is beside the point.

Drunken disorderly, police involved, NRL and club brought into disrepute. Should be a four week stint the same as Stewart if the NRL are fair dinkum.

ek999

First Grade
The point is quite simple. If Stewart was banned for 4 weeks on the assumption that he had been drinking and acting up. Pearce should cop the same punishment. The precedent has been set.

Drunken disorderly, police involved, NRL and club brought into disrepute. Should be a four week stint the same as Stewart if the NRL are fair dinkum.

No you shouldn't punish all players stupidly because a mistake was made once. Everyone knows that what happened to Stewart was stupid, why replicate the mistakes of the past instead of learning from them?

However I do think a ban from Origin this year would be appropriate :sarcasm:

Last edited:

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors

wasn't Stuart also arrested and charged with DUI earlier this season- i think the Stuart one is a lot lot lot different- Pearce was not drunk and disorderly he was just standing up for his rights asking why he was removed from the club and why he is being told to leave the area simple as that- the cops have zero tolerance now is these area 1:30am onwards so any even mild discussion the patron is cuffed and taken away- its not a police state- the cops were absent though when patrons/people were coward punched- the whole thing was a massive media beatup and the police overreacted big time- channel 9 have some questions to answer as one would have thought Pearce had commited some Heinous crime the way they carried on with their exclusive CCTV footage- it was a nothing incident that the police failed to recognise and respond too in a professional manner.

Valheru

Coach

Mate, just give up. You have tried hard but it's time to move on.

Chook

First Grade

So a stupid knee jerk overraction should be repeated?

You are an idiot.

Chook.

Pearce...dosnt look like he's committed a felony here. so dunno about suspension...

Massoud.
standard procedure from the same mob that phonetap victims of crime.

mozza91

Coach
Mitchell Pearce's good name has been unfairly tarnished in my opinion. The NRL should respond be giving him an all expenses paid holiday overseas for the next 2 months.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Right. I was wondering which lowlife would start treading into the "she was asking for it with that dress" territory first. Seems you win that prize

Yeah cheers . It seems no one has the right to label a girl on social media with her moot almost showing a skank .

For the record I don't think any bird should be groped by f**kwits against her will skank or not .

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
Someone needs to give Pearce a free ticket to this

Mystery_spot.PNG

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mitchell Pearce has been SUSPENDED for a week and fined $20,000 plus forced to undergo counselling:

The Sydney Roosters have today finalised the internal investigation into the events that led to Mitchell Pearce being issued with an infringement notice for failure to quit a licensed premises in the early hours of last Sunday morning.

The investigation was concluded in consultation with the NRL Integrity Unit.

While NSW Police have concluded their investigation and determined that no further police action will be taken, the Sydney Roosters have issued sanctions against Pearce and Boyd Cordner for breach of club and NRL standards.

Pearce has been stood down from one Roosters NRL match and fined $20,000 to be donated to charity. Additionally, a counselling program will be devised for him to adhere to.

Boyd Cordner, who accompanied Pearce throughout the evening, has been issued with a $5000 fine ($2500 suspended).

“The club is most disappointed with the events of the weekend. The club and NRL have strong policies in place and there is a process that has had to run its course,” said Sydney Roosters Chief Operating Officer Football, Brian Canavan.

“Mitchell and Boyd have accepted the club sanctions and shown genuine remorse for the negative spotlight both have attracted to the Roosters and the game by breaching the club’s and NRL’s standards.

“Both are important contributors to our club, and the game, and we will continue to work closely with them to ensure their continued personal development off the field.”

The Sydney Roosters will be making no further comment.
http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2014/05/13/club_statement.html

ek999

First Grade
f**k, needed to be at least 6 weeks or however long it would be to get to the end of Origin

HoLLuS

Juniors
How on goodness earth does Cordner avoid suspension...they were both out drinking!

And only Pearce got arrested. Last time I checked drinking wasn't a crime and there is no alcohol ban currently in place at the Roosters.