What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Hutty1986

Immortal
Only gay guys critique another man's looks.

How about critiquing his play? I'm sure you have more than a few memories of him playing ok against your team.

I have a memory of him doing SFA when he got his chance to play SOO and has a long, long way to go before he gets an outside chance of playing for the Blues this year

Big Pete

Referee
To be fair, Campese didn't get the chances Soward or even Pearce did.

Both their debuts were ordinary.

Ladmate

Bench
Pearce plays well with good playmakers in the spine. In his City games with Hayne and Farah, he played great. He's not the most creative player, but he can win an origin series at half provided NSW surround him with playmakers (Hayne, Campese, Mullen, Farah?).

God-King Dean

Immortal
Surely Farah will get another chance. I really don't think his style of play suits Origin, but Ennis has had way more chances & hasn't delivered much.

timka4

Bench
I don't see Ennis being dropped anytime soon. The media and coaches seem to really like him, even putting aside his 'origin mentality'.

I have a memory of him doing SFA when he got his chance to play SOO and has a long, long way to go before he gets an outside chance of playing for the Blues this year

If SFA = Setting up NSW's first try with a perfectly placed kick, not missing a tackle or dropping a ball and almost setting up a 2nd try if Luke O'Donnell wasn't such a f*ckwit then I'd like to see what you think playing average is.

Campese got scapegoated. He was expected to win the game on his own, which he would of been able to do if that mong Farah had passed him the ball a few times instead of giving it to Wallace over and over again.

According to Coach Stuart he doesn't have a long, long way to go before he's an outside chance. So I'll take his word over yours.

One thing is for certain, Soward wont be there. It will be Carney or Campese. If Carney plays well at halfback for the Sharks, they should pick the both of them.

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
I wonder when NSW will bite the bullet and pick Gidley at hooker.

He looked very comfortable there in the games he's played. Farah's style of play gets in the way at Origin level, and Ennis is very ordinary.

If the Knights had a better option at halfback, Gidley would have been playing hooker a long time ago.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Seems Carney will play 7 for Sharks.

Could be Carney- Campese.Long time between then and now.

RHCP

Bench
I wonder when NSW will bite the bullet and pick Gidley at hooker.

He looked very comfortable there in the games he's played. Farah's style of play gets in the way at Origin level, and Ennis is very ordinary.

If the Knights had a better option at halfback, Gidley would have been playing hooker a long time ago.
Plenty in the Knights forum were hoping he'd get a run there but it's pretty evident now Bennett sees him in the halfback, which I think could be our loss.