What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

andrew9148

Juniors
Tauber has been very quiet during this whole mess and he has quite a few of the answers. Either he was told moltzen was released and he is in the clear or he lied about it.

What possible reason would tauter lied about it ? At the end of the day for Tim to get any benefit from the contract with saints the tigers had to release him. If he did not genuinely think the tigers would release Tim why did he enter into negotiations ?

N.C.

Juniors
I'm not suggesting he lied about it... But I am suggesting we can't really accept him as an impartial witness to any conversation about an agreed release. As I've said before, allowing a player to negotiate with another club is not the same as reaching terms of settlement to release all parties from a contract.

aussie7798

First Grade
Business 101: Get it in writing.
Amateur hour at the Dragons on this one, I'm afraid.

LOL

Law 101 dont admit to signing a contract publicly if it is in direct conflict with a current and binding contract

Choose your poison tigers or moltzen are guilty of f**king around

Dragons have done nothing wrong except deal with moltz and the tigs

Guvner

First Grade
Doust's timing of Moltzen's "signing" was INTENTIONALY timed to disrupt the tigers preparation for an important game and their run into the finals...Humphries stated that in no uncertain terms that he knew it and the Tigers didn't appreciate it...why then would The Tigers possibly need to give a sh-t about what might upset the dragons?...F--K the prescious dragons

He signed well before the announcement. Get your facts straight.

Das Hassler

Bench
He signed well before the announcement. Get your facts straight.

I did have my facts straight..i just wrote my post a tad sloppily..i meant to say (believe me or not..ok with me either way) "the announcement of Moltzen's signing"... my point remains the same.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I did have my facts straight..i just wrote my post a tad sloppily..i meant to say (believe me or not..ok with me either way) "the announcement of Moltzen's signing"... my point remains the same.

When exactly would be a good time to announce a signing? 8 weeks before post-season starts seems pretty reasonable... Or perhaps you enjoy constant speculation played out in the media. Do you honestly think after Moltzen signed he didn't tell his team mates?

I'm pretty sure most footy players are a bit thicker skinned than that.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If we let Mitch Brown go for this downhill skier I will be livid. Give me Brown at fullback anyday ahead of the overhyped Moltzen.

Das Hassler

Bench
When exactly would be a good time to announce a signing? 8 weeks before post-season starts seems pretty reasonable... Or perhaps you enjoy constant speculation played out in the media. Do you honestly think after Moltzen signed he didn't tell his team mates?

I'm pretty sure most footy players are a bit thicker skinned than that.

"When exactly would be a good time to announce a signing?"

oh..i'd imagine 2 minutes after you recieved the verification of his release should work pretty well

BTW...if it helps to see an example of how the correct procedure might work (for the next time you announce a signing) go back and have a look at the timing of the Tigers announcement of Adam Blair's signing...The tigers didn't mention a thing in the press for probably 4 months..you can rest assured that he had "signed" at the Tigers end i.e. signed..handshake etc etc long before the official announcement...you will also see that every early enquiry made of Humphries re Blair (months before the official announcement) was properly replied to with "no comment"..or "we have nothing to announce re Adam Blair" etc etc as the T's werent yet crossed nor the i's dotted. Therefore dear dragon we had not the slightest problem with Melbourne not they with us...if you guys were wetting your pants with excitement to the point where you couldnt hold back re major signing Tim Moltzen..well...that's the way it "officially" goes
To summarize...tough sh-t.

Last edited:

Guvner

First Grade
Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
"When exactly would be a good time to announce a signing?"

oh..i'd imagine 2 minutes after you recieved the verification of his release should work pretty well

BTW...if it helps to see an example of how the correct procedure might work (for the next time you announce a signing) go back and have a look at the timing of the Tigers announcement of Adam Blair's signing...The tigers didn't mention a thing in the press for probably 4 months..you can rest assured that he had "signed" at the Tigers end i.e. signed..handshake etc etc long before the official announcement...you will also see that every early enquiry made of Humphries re Blair (months before the official announcement) was properly replied to with "no comment"..or "we have nothing to announce re Adam Blair" etc etc as the T's werent yet crossed nor the i's dotted. Therefore dear dragon we had not the slightest problem with Melbourne not they with us...if you guys were wetting your pants with excitement to the point where you couldnt hold back re major signing Tim Moltzen..well...that's the way it "officially" goes
To summarize...tough sh-t.

Sweet, by that logic... The Knights don't have Darius Boyd... Problem solved ;-)

It was relayed to the Dragons by Moltzen and his manager that they had a release. Humphreys was given notification of the announcement prior to it occurring to which he did not reply. Sheens replied in a press conference after the match "No it didn't affect us, we all knew tim was moving on".

Everything that happened there is standard procedure.

Guvner

First Grade
Guv..see above re the part you don't understand

LMFAO. Are you for real? The Tigers played the Blair signing out in as disgraceful a fashion as they handled the Moltzen issue. The reason they held back on any announcement is because they had to clear the damn decks to fit him in. Every man and his dog knew that. You were holding a damn fire sale. Gibbs, Fifita, Moltzen. Quick we better sell Rhino and Beau. Oops hang on Dwyer is cactus better hang onto Rhino. But it was a package, hang onto Beau too then. We need Tim back cause the horse we backed hit his Mrs (again), good thing we were sloppy with our paperwork. Ah shoot, we will get done in court. I guess the release paperwork better get done. Wait lets bluff again, damn no good. Quick offer them Mitch and see if they fall for that..... FFS. If you are going to hold this years handling of the Tigers roster up as a highlight of good management the game will have serious issues going forward.

Fingerbang

Bench
Ummmm.....one BIG oversight, Blair was not contracted for 2012 with the Storm, so I believe. Hence, no release required.

Das Hassler

Bench
Can you point out the part in the waffle you've written above that Humphries said?
All you are regurgitating are the messageboard and newspaper theories and various scenarios about what, why and how the Tigers were going to fit Blair under the cap...what Tigers players might be going where to fit a marquee player under the cap had jack sh-t to do with what the issue is..the fact that everyone fairly assumed or better still KNEW that Blair was coming (and try and get your head around the next part) did not make it appropriate for The tigers media people to announce it UNTILL everything was in order (which they didn't...that means regardless of whether the whole world knew Blair was coming they waited untill EVERYTHING was squared away for the Tigers and for Melbourne..... just can't get your head around that huh?
p.s. should worry more about soothing the feelings of the Illawarra Steelers diehards who were assured it wasn't just going to be a Dragons asset raid....50/50 ..yeah right LOL

Last edited:

dumpy

Juniors
It is hard to believe that all this fiasco is over Timid Moltzen. Moltzen would not know what a good player was even if he lived with one!

N.C.

Juniors
So how many full circles have we gone with this conversation since the last time a journo penned a line about it?

Bang

Juniors
Since nothing new about this has come out for a bit and it's getting a little nasty in here LOL. I'll ask who would you be willing to let go to the Dragons in order to keep Moltzen at the Tigers, if a trade is what is required? Remember it would have to be a player that Saints would be willing to take instead of Moltzen.

Latest posts