What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

N.C.

Juniors
Players to trade instead of Moltzen:

1. ...

Nope. Drawn a blank. Can't we just keep him and give you the shits?

Bang

Juniors
Another interesting question if the NRL rules in favor of the Tigers for the 2012 season and says that Moltzen must play with them in 2012 is he still bound to the Dragons for the following two seasons?

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Since nothing new about this has come out for a bit and it's getting a little nasty in here LOL. I'll ask who would you be willing to let go to the Dragons in order to keep Moltzen at the Tigers, if a trade is what is required? Remember it would have to be a player that Saints would be willing to take instead of Moltzen.

Don't want Moltzen at the Tigers. I want Miller at 7 and Brown at 1 with both Lui and Moltzen getting the punt.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumours are abound that the Tigers might offer Mitch Brown for Moltzen in a straight swap.

Brown is a player I don't want this club to lose.

We're going from bad to worse now.

Fingerbang

Bench
Rumours are abound that the Tigers might offer Mitch Brown for Moltzen in a straight swap.

Brown is a player I don't want this club to lose.

We're going from bad to worse now.
Reverse physcology, huh? Brown is an honest toiler who will always give it his best shot.....trouble is his best shot is only ever going to be average. Hope you keep him. I would take Miller though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
A reliable honest toiler who would be a better option at Fullback than Moltzen.

If we swap Moltzen for Brown, then we have no fullback.

Keep Brown for fullback, Miller for halfback. Moltzen isn't worth all this trouble. It would have been nice to keep him, but he's not worth all this drama.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Regardless of the outcome of the Moltzen saga, the Tigers need size and pace on the wings in 2012. Pace and a ballplayer at fullback to provide another option other than Marshall and Farah. This will be even more important next year if what is reported in the Telegraph today about Lui is correct.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I can't see him coming to Saints. I can see him having a disrupted pre season, but his live in boyfriend should get him throuh it............................

Wait.................

He's in the UK. Is Tim going on a supporters tour or will he go as a WAG?

Anyway. I'd be happy to take Brown of your hands. Sheens has farked him around royally and IMO he's better than an honest toiler. He's very solid and he's still very young. Big, quick and reliable. He's got a lot of tools that Timid Moltzen does not.

N.C.

Juniors
Another interesting question if the NRL rules in favor of the Tigers for the 2012 season and says that Moltzen must play with them in 2012 is he still bound to the Dragons for the following two seasons?

Not likely.

Papers have said Schubert is looking into all email communications etc to see who gets the prize. If the Tigers win, it will be because the Dragons contract cannot be enforced. If the Dragons win, it will be because it can be.

If the contract with the Dragons cannot be enforced, then they will need to offer him a new one for 2012 and 2013 if they still want him. What are the chances?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyway. I'd be happy to take Brown of your hands. Sheens has farked him around royally and IMO he's better than an honest toiler. He's very solid and he's still very young. Big, quick and reliable. He's got a lot of tools that Timid Moltzen does not.
bingo!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
A reliable honest toiler who would be a better option at Fullback than Moltzen.

If we swap Moltzen for Brown, then we have no fullback.

Keep Brown for fullback, Miller for halfback. Moltzen isn't worth all this trouble. It would have been nice to keep him, but he's not worth all this drama.

I doubt we'd go for that swap anyway. Moltzen was bought as a fullback but his utility value is what would have got him over the line. Brown while probably more reliable doesn't have that in his game and we can fill a similar role to what Brown would provide from within our own ranks (ie Bronx Goodwin)

Borat.

Juniors
We are reportedly offering Ben Jones to st merge

WHO THE what is Ben jones....TYPO .... BRET player????

as a The Tigers are reportedly keen to keep Tim Moltzen and play him at halfback despite the talented playmaker signing with St George Illawarra. It has been reported NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert will hand down a recommendation on where he thinks Moltzen should play. Tigers utility back Ben Jones has been drawn into the complicated scenario, with the Tigers believed to have be offering him as part of a deal to keep Moltzen.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Brown is a better player than Moltzen. Solid, reliable, deceptively quick (ran down Kevin Gordon last year), and can play fullback, centre or wing so his versatility is an asset. More importantly he puts his body on the line, is not scared to attack the ball and does not shit his pants everyone a bomb goes up.

I can't believe this mess over Moltzen, FFS.

Bench
Does this mean we let Lui go to the cows,they let Jones go to saints,and Moltzen stays put.
What a mess,get rid of Moltzen and Lui,we will be fine.

Latest posts