What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

Dragons01

First Grade
Why do you think there has to be lies? Isn't it really that the tigers supposedly said they would relese Tim but then changed their mind ? Is that a lie ? Is it dishonest ?

So that sits okay with you that the Tigers give the okay or verbal that they are letting Moltzen go and then after he signs with another club they change their mind and decide 3 months later to play hard ball?

I don't care which way you look at it, it makes absolutely no sense that Humphreys would let the Tigers players, coach and everyone else believe Moltzen was gone and not say anything. Moltzen even said himself he bawled his eyes out after the semi loss because he thought he would not be at the Tigers anymore. So even at that late point Moltzen thought he was gone and Humphreys just let him keep thinking that.

andrew9148

Juniors
So that sits okay with you that the Tigers give the okay or verbal that they are letting Moltzen go and then after he signs with another club they change their mind and decide 3 months later to play hard ball?

I don't care which way you look at it, it makes absolutely no sense that Humphreys would let the Tigers players, coach and everyone else believe Moltzen was gone and not say anything. Moltzen even said himself he bawled his eyes out after the semi loss because he thought he would not be at the Tigers anymore. So even at that late point Moltzen thought he was gone and Humphreys just let him keep thinking that.

I agree with your second paragraph. What you say in the first paragraph has been covered already.

dragondad

First Grade
I can see that there are 29 pages on this thread. It is basically Tigers' supporters justifying what has happened because they want their player to stay. On the other hand, Saints' supporters think that everything changed after the Robert Lui 'incident' and what has been done is unethical. I really feel that, if Tigers' fans were totally truthful, they would see that the West Tigers have morally done the wrong thing. No-one wants to see their favourite players leave but when decisions are made, we all have to accept the situation. Smith to the Sharks, Costigan to Newcastle, Boyd to Newcastle, Josh Morris to Canterbury. The list never stops. Sad but it's reality.

andrew9148

Juniors
I can see that there are 29 pages on this thread. It is basically Tigers' supporters justifying what has happened because they want their player to stay. On the other hand, Saints' supporters think that everything changed after the Robert Lui 'incident' and what has been done is unethical. I really feel that, if Tigers' fans were totally truthful, they would see that the West Tigers have morally done the wrong thing. No-one wants to see their favourite players leave but when decisions are made, we all have to accept the situation. Smith to the Sharks, Costigan to Newcastle, Boyd to Newcastle, Josh Morris to Canterbury. The list never stops. Sad but it's reality.

There would be no issue if sr George weren't acting like homos . They should have enough pride to say if you don't want us we don't want you.

dragondad

First Grade
Is that what you would call an intelligent response? There must be some Wests Tigers supporters who can actually have a reasonable footie discussion.

andrew9148

Juniors
Is that what you would call an intelligent response? There must be some Wests Tigers supporters who can actually have a reasonable footie discussion.

Ok given you are asking tigers supporters to be truthful, do you agree that this mess was caused by st George prematurely announcing the signing? That st George are incompetent in that they don't even know which players they can sign?

Bench
I am a WestsTigers supporter,and I think he should be made head to the Dragons,no questions asked,you signed you go,all this media hype over Moltzen is a real bad look for our club,and a player who only had a couple of good games all year,I don't get the fuss.

andrew9148

Juniors
I am a WestsTigers supporter,and I think he should be made head to the Dragons,no questions asked,you signed you go,all this media hype over Moltzen is a real bad look for our club,and a player who only had a couple of good games all year,I don't get the fuss.

So rugby league players are like Slaves ? He should be forced to play?

Fordy20

Juniors

This is massive oversimplication which highlights the typical cherry picking that Dragons fans are renown for. There are a number of Tigers fans who are deeply disappointed about the fact that Moltzen may not be made to honour his contract with the Dragons, yet I have not seen a single Dragons fan come forward and say "Hey our administration acted poorly and unprofessionally in this situation and we've got no one to blame but them."

Bang

Juniors

Geez slaves are well paid these days. They must have a good union.
Slaves didn't sign contracts and no one is going to force him to play. But if this works out in favour of the Dragons he might not be able to play Rugby League anymore.

andrew9148

Juniors
Geez slaves are well paid these days. They must have a good union.
Slaves didn't sign contracts and no one is going to force him to play. But if this works out in favour of the Dragons he might not be able to play Rugby League anymore.

The most ridiculous thing posted here and that is saying something

Bench
How is that like a slave,no one whipped him into signing the contract,if he didn't want to sign he should have not signed,he was contracted to us for next year so he was staying anyway.
Moltzen made the call,he should live with it,all this poor bloke stuff really urks me,for christ sake he is a grown man,he should be able to stand up for himself and be accountable for his actions,he said he was leaving,so he should leave.

meltiger

First Grade

Morally. ha ha good one.

We running professional clubs or a chook raffle?

The word moral doesn't come into it, and Schubert certainly won't rule, either way, on the basis of morals.

The thread has gone 29 pages due to a fantastic trolling effort by some ST George fans. No other reason.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
How is that like a slave,no one whipped him into signing the contract,if he didn't want to sign he should have not signed,he was contracted to us for next year so he was staying anyway.
Moltzen made the call,he should live with it,all this poor bloke stuff really urks me,for christ sake he is a grown man,he should be able to stand up for himself and be accountable for his actions,he said he was leaving,so he should leave.

Spot on.

He's an unethical sook with no backbone, I don't want him.

Guvner

First Grade
What does that even mean ?

Taub cannot be responsible for something he can't control ie the tigers releasing molt. You are geniused. You can only be responsible for things you can control.

If the tigers told taub they would release Tim and he told st George that what did he do wrong ?

As far ad taub knew they were going to release hi

Without question the dumbest person on this board. Taking stupidity to new heights.

Oh dear. Its Taubers job to acquire the release from the Tigers. It is Taubers job to make sure that is in place before allowing his client to sign elsewhere. Its Taubers job not to tell us it is in hand when clearly it isnt and never was.

Your posting on this issue renders the bolded virtually impossible.

Latest posts