What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

meltiger

First Grade
Mumble. Mumble Cooper Cronk Something something darkside?

Nothing against John Morris. Not his fault he's not a 7 yet was placed there by the coach for near on 2 years.

How many times have we had this convo :D

It may not be JMo's fault but Sheens was, & would be again, insane enough to play him there. & you know it.

That was always the problem. Sheens utter stupidity.

saints4ever

First Grade
This is assuming the contract is valid and can be registered. Was the player available to sign?

was he encouraged to sign elsewhere? Yes.
Did he find another club? yes
Did he sign a contract? yes

I dunno, seems he was available to me

saints4ever

First Grade
This.

I fail to see how my commentary on the behaviour of Saints fans on this thread means I have "my panties in a bunch". One group of fans are posting in a hysterical holier than thou fashion.

I cant speak for everyone, but for me it has nothing to do with the fact that moltzen baulks at coming here, or that he doesn't bleed red and white. Why would he love the v? He has proven himself a tiger through and through. Take that however you want btw.

What gets me is the way this has been handled, the way it has been played out, and the fact that it is still ongoing. And that has been pretty much 100% tigers fault.

The reason this is even an issue...tigers (he was told to look elsewhere) (if he was not going to be released then it should have been sorted out with one phone call 4 months ago. But tigers sat on it waiting to see what would happen, if they FELT LIKE releasing him. Poor form)

Reason this was played out in the media...tigers. (humphries and to a lesser extent tauber going on and on about what's fair and moltzens wishes etc. Saying he was staying, then he was going, telling moltzen not to answer his phone cause they could get him out of his deal etc) back alley sleaze.

The reason it has gone on this long...tigers. the only reason we handed it over to Schubert is because the day after your CEO was quoted as saying he would probably be with us next year, you wanted more negotiations and discussions. We saw you were playing ducks and drakes and didn't want to entertain it anymore.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
How many times have we had this convo :D

It may not be JMo's fault but Sheens was, & would be again, insane enough to play him there. & you know it.

That was always the problem. Sheens utter stupidity.

Yep. Morris is a good player but not at 7. It was laughable watching him murder overlaps but then you realised it was your bloody team he was killing.

Fordy20

Juniors
The reason this is even an issue...tigers (he was told to look elsewhere) (if he was not going to be released then it should have been sorted out with one phone call 4 months ago. But tigers sat on it waiting to see what would happen, if they FELT LIKE releasing him. Poor form)

To say that the Tigers sat on this months is an abject lie. Doust announced that Moltzen had signed with the Dragons (despite these announcements usually being made at press releases in the company of said player) then immediately afterwards, Humphreys clearly stated that Moltzen didn't have a formal release.

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with that simply fact. Everything else is just speculation.

Dragons01

First Grade
To say that the Tigers sat on this months is an abject lie. Doust announced that Moltzen had signed with the Dragons (despite these announcements usually being made at press releases in the company of said player) then immediately afterwards, Humphreys clearly stated that Moltzen didn't have a formal release.

I don't understand why people are having such a hard time with that simply fact. Everything else is just speculation.

I must of missed the press conference then of Blair with Sheens and Humphreys announcing his signing or for that matter the Newcastle conference with Boyd, the Parra conference with Sandow. The list goes on. Players rarely when playing for one club go and do a press conference with their new club in the middle of the season(unless you are Souths ala Craig Wing).

In a rather long statement Humphreys said one line about not agreeing to release Moltzen and a whole lot of lines about the timing of the announcement. Tim Sheens only a few hours later in a press conference contradicted his CEO whenn he made the comment that the players were fully aware of Moltzen's planned departure and rejected suggestions that the timing of the announcement by the Dragons was the reason for the defeat.

Even with Humphreys one line statement in July he then sat on the issue until late September. Moltzen himself has stated that he bawled like a baby after the Tigers lost to the Warriors because he thought that was his last game with the Tigers. That was September and Humphreys still hadn't informed Moltzen that he was not released but you say Humphreys never sat on it.

Even when it became an issue Humphreys still didn't want to take it to the NRL to look at, it was Doust that referred it to the NRL. How can you in all honesty say that Humphreys didn't sit on this matter for months?

saints4ever

First Grade

When asked by a reporter why this wasn't sorted out at the time moltzen signed with us/he had a bitch about timing, he said "we just sat on it". Like I said, poor form. Even tigers fans on this forum were discussing the quote.

Dragons01

First Grade
One other thing Humphreys actually contradicts himself. If the Tigers were never going to release Moltzen then why would Humphreys be so upset with the timing of Saints announcement? If he was never going to be released why would there even be an announcement? Humphreys states in one line that he hasn't released Moltzen then does a couple of paragraph rant about the timing of the announcement - what announcement, according to you, you never released him so wouldn't your statement be all about the fact that you don't know what Saints are talking about because Moltzen is not released not 'we are upset that they announced his signing before our game with Parra they should have picked a better time'.

andrew9148

Juniors
One other thing Humphreys actually contradicts himself. If the Tigers were never going to release Moltzen then why would Humphreys be so upset with the timing of Saints announcement? If he was never going to be released why would there even be an announcement? Humphreys states in one line that he hasn't released Moltzen then does a couple of paragraph rant about the timing of the announcement - what announcement, according to you, you never released him so wouldn't your statement be all about the fact that you don't know what Saints are talking about because Moltzen is not released not 'we are upset that they announced his signing before our game with Parra they should have picked a better time'.

Humphreys said he was nt released. It only takes one or two sentences to do that. That's why it did not dominate the release.

People on here have been critical of the tigers for supposedly sitting back and not making more of a fuss during the season regarding not releasing Tim. Now we have criticism for the tigers actually making a bit of fuss. Can't have it both ways.

saints4ever

First Grade
Humphreys said he was nt released. It only takes one or two sentences to do that. That's why it did not dominate the release.

People on here have been critical of the tigers for supposedly sitting back and not making more of a fuss during the season regarding not releasing Tim. Now we have criticism for the tigers actually making a bit of fuss. Can't have it both ways.

I think you will find the whole issue right there. The tigers only legitimate reason for not releasing him is because of lui and the likelihood of his axeing. If he had not done what he is in court for at the moment, we would not be having this conversation. Tigers showed no class or integrity by suddenly holding on to a player they were happy to let go.
They showed ineptitude in backing a scumbag for a second time, and they didn't want to be shown up a second time. It's simple. they would be down two players so decided to do the most desperate thing and exploit a technicality to get him to stay.

that's why people are pissed at the tigers.

I think you will find the whole issue right there. The tigers only legitimate reason for not releasing him is because of lui and the likelihood of his axeing. If he had not done what he is in court for at the moment, we would not be having this conversation. Tigers showed no class or integrity by suddenly holding on to a player they were happy to let go.
They showed ineptitude in backing a scumbag for a second time, and they didn't want to be shown up a second time. It's simple. they would be down two players so decided to do the most desperate thing and exploit a technicality to get him to stay.

that's why people are pissed at the tigers.

This is 110% correct, if Lui was not in strife Moltz would be in the gong today pre season training in a red v singlet.

The tigers would have had no need to play the "not released" trump card.

saints4ever

First Grade
I hardly think not getting a formal release is a "technicality"......

How isn't it when two of our players boyd and tagive were not given theirs, but we still allowed them to leave. this happens quite a lot it would seem. He was given permission and signed with another club. The no release was the only option tigers had not to let him go. What would you call it?

Bench
How isn't it when two of our players boyd and tagive were not given theirs, but we still allowed them to leave. this happens quite a lot it would seem. He was given permission and signed with another club. The no release was the only option tigers had not to let him go. What would you call it?
Boyd didn't need a release,his contract was up,how many times do you need to see this,as for our mob,we should tell Moltzen he is free to go,that was their initial plan,so that is what should happen.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Doust invited the Tigers to reconsider its position on Moltzen. No release and you leave the door open.

Any business would reconsider its positions based on Moltzen's form at the end of season.

It is laughable to suggest the Tigers owe the Dragons anything.

So why all the squealing?

R2Coupe

Juniors
It may be a stretch but Wade can tackle, can kick long and is still yound so it wouldnt suck as an option.

Knowing our luck we will try and get J'Mo back

Funny how opinions on players differ. Graham missed Lui one on one in the last round which led to the Ayshford try. There are concerns about Graham's defence.