What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
speaking of the RLW mole, he's also said that Lui will knock back an offer from Souths and head to the Cowboys next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe he has a "if Lui f**ks off elsewhere, I'll be free to return to the Tigers" clause in his contract lol

_Johnsy

Referee
maybe he has a "if Lui f**ks off elsewhere, I'll be free to return to the Tigers" clause in his contract lol

If not and the mole story has legs, it's going to cost the tigers a few $$$$$. Is your board sure he is worth that much.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...005-1l86r.html

Wests Tigers utility Tim Moltzen could remain at the NRL club next season after seeking a release from his deal to join St George Illawarra.
Tigers officials will meet with Moltzen's manager Martin Tauber on Wednesday afternoon to discuss the possibility of him staying.
Tauber admitted he was in the dark about the full extent of the situation having just returned from overseas.

"I only got back from New York yesterday afternoon and to be honest, I have no idea what it is all about," Tauber told AAP.
"I've got a meeting with the Tigers today and that's when I will know exactly what is going on.
"He has definitely signed with the Dragons, but now there is talk of a release so I am now off to find out more."
Moltzen agreed to a three-year contract with the Dragons in July in a move that started a war of words between the joint ventures.
The decision to offload him upset many of the Tigers' playing group, with star five-eighth and Moltzen's housemate Benji Marshall, particularly outraged.
At the time, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys accused the Dragons of being arrogant and disrespectful, claiming they announced the signing without his club's knowledge.
Dragons' chief executive Peter Doust hit back, saying they were bemused at the comments and that they had acted in good faith.
The Tigers had seen Robert Lui as their long-term halfback.
However, the 20-year looks set to be shown the door following an alleged assault on his partner after the club's mad Monday celebrations.
His departure would see the club without a recognised, experienced halfback on their books.
Officials from the Dragons and the Tigers were unavailable for comment.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the Tigers board are softcocks who'll bend over for Sheens.

In saying that, I have no idea where we'll get the money from. Lui wasn't on big money and I reckon Dragons may have paid more than 100k for Moltzen, making him practically unaffordable for us now, as I'm of the impression we are at the cap and have no room left to move.

We've also got a lot of name players to re-sign next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, we can't even pursue him then, he's out of our price range. I'm sure he and Lui were both on minimum wage (which is 55k I believe)

So that would leave us 90k short, which we don't have. Can't see this going through

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I'm pretty sure the Tigers board are softcocks who'll bend over for Sheens.

In saying that, I have no idea where we'll get the money from. Lui wasn't on big money and I reckon Dragons may have paid more than 100k for Moltzen, making him practically unaffordable for us now, as I'm of the impression we are at the cap and have no room left to move.

We've also got a lot of name players to re-sign next year.

Maybe it's a case of moving heaven & earth to retain Moltzen to keep Benji happy?

_Johnsy

Referee
Madunit,

I really can't see them letting Ellis go, that would be plain ludicrous.

If they are going to get Moltzen back, Lote would be shown the door,IMO that's how i would expect them to free up the $$

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I reckon it'll come down to one of those two getting the door. Ellis leaving wouldn't be hard to replace.

Slot Blair into his position, Groat, Woods and Bell will all be able to play at Prop.

Or Blair can start at Prop, Fulton to second row, where he played better than ever at this year.

If Tuqiri goes, Tigers could have enough coin to re-sign Brown and compensate Dragons for taking Moltzen back. Backline is sorted out then too.

I really doubt anyone here has a realistic clue as to what state the Tigers are in with regards to the cap or how it is forecast for use in the next two to three years with loaded contracts.

To suggest we are 90K short here or here or we need to offload this player or that really is quite absurd.

There's probably five or six people in the whole club who understand the position we are in with the salary cap and it's planned usage.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tuqiri going would be alright - he looks past it.

Ellis > Moltzen and losing him would be stupid.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If we move anyone on to keep Moltzen I will be f**king livid.

Has there been a more overrated player by our fans in recent memory? He has to take the cake.

Merely a good runner of the ball, that's it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Seriously anyone saying that is a moron.

No ever said that. Some said McKinnon should have been picked ahead of Moltzen earlier in the year, which he was.

McKinnon was decent at the start of the year, then admittedly had a few shockers and was dropped.

Moltzen played like shit for all bar 6 games or so at the back end of the season, f**k people have short memories.

andrew9148

Juniors
I really doubt anyone here has a realistic clue as to what state the Tigers are in with regards to the cap or how it is forecast for use in the next two to three years with loaded contracts.

To suggest we are 90K short here or here or we need to offload this player or that really is quite absurd.

There's probably five or six people in the whole club who understand the position we are in with the salary cap and it's planned usage.

Exactly. We are talking about signing one first grader. Its not 5 internationals.

Latest posts