What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltz staying

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
MU - it was pretty clear when all this hit the fan that he needed to get a release.

Perhaps the club had an option in the clubs favour?

I dont know - all I know is that they are talking about "release" which implies he was and is contracted.

_Johnsy

Referee
The fact that dragons fans are so enraged over losing such an average player is only proving that they know they are shot for 2012.

Enraged :lol::lol:

FMD Vic that's one of your best. I think you'll find a large majority of dragon fans are not fussed either way. What you will find is that same large majority I refer to want compensation for being farked around. Had he not signed we could have negotiated with other players to fill that void we thought we had filled with Moltzen. If it is Moltzen or your club who pays the compensation, we don't care so long as we receive it.

It does make the tigers board look very amateurish & foolish. Not a good look for your club.

Now come on boys I know I'm a Dragons supporter and you'll take what I say with a grain of salt so lets call a spade a spade.

West Tigers did not want Moltzen because they wanted to clear salary cap room for Adam Blair so West Tigers told Moltzen and his manager to look elsewhere. The Dragons offered Moltzen a good deal which he and his manager accepted. So the Dragons, in good faith (with the assurance of Moltzens manager that Moltzen had been given a release - verbally anyway) signed him. Tigers grumbled a bit about the timing of the announcement at the time but nothing else was heard. Low and behold Lui f#*#s up again and is all but gone from the Tigers, the Tigers now say they want Moltzen back and never released him.

I know we talk about football being a business but that's pretty poor form if you ask me.

PS And to Tim Moltzen, if you end up staying at the Tigers, watch your back champ - there's always someone coming off contract. They shit on you once, there's nothing to say they won't do it again.

Um...err...that pretty much sums it up. Shameful from both Moltzen on the Tigers on the evidence presented so far.

innsaneink

Referee
Maybe worth re-reading this part.."At the time, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys accused the Dragons of being arrogant and disrespectful, claiming they announced the signing without his club's knowledge.
Dragons' chief executive Peter Doust hit back, saying they were bemused at the comments and that they had acted in good faith"

remember back in July the Tigers accused Saints of announcing his signing (without their knowledge) just prior to the match between the clubs so as to destabilize the Tigers preperation for the match... well i'd hazard a guess that all parties concerned have known very well that the tigers have had this one up their sleeve ever since if the Tigers needed him for another year..well.. i'd imagine Humphries could (justifiably ) care less about announcing it at a time that suits the Dragons..they sure didn't announce his signing at a time that suited us ...if it has destabilized them in their preparations for next year then tough s--t

Doust also stated though that they advised WTs that they intended to make the public statement about his signing before they actually did it.
What our response was...well all we know was Humpty cracking the shits publicly.
He probably shouldve advised saints he hadnt been formally released

_Johnsy

Referee
www.smh.com.au/.../no-issue-with-moltzens-release-from-tigers-says-agent- 20110711-1haue.html

No issue with Moltzen's release from Tigers, says agent
Glenn Jackson
July 12, 2011

TIM MOLTZEN is likely to secure a controversial release from Wests Tigers today, four days after his signing was trumpeted by St George Illawarra - a move sparking a war of words between the 22-year-old's current club and his future one.

Moltzen's manager, Martin Tauber, will meet with Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys today over the utility back's future. He has already secured a verbal agreement from Humphreys that Moltzen will be released from the final year of his Tigers contract, enabling him to officially join the Dragons and potentially be a replacement for Darius Boyd at fullback.

Tauber spoke with Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and next year's coach Steve Price yesterday and assured them the Tigers would not stop the move. ''They're not going to stand in his way,'' Tauber said.

Front-Rower

First Grade
www.smh.com.au/.../no-issue-with-moltzens-release-from-tigers-says-agent- 20110711-1haue.html

No issue with Moltzen's release from Tigers, says agent
Glenn Jackson
July 12, 2011

TIM MOLTZEN is likely to secure a controversial release from Wests Tigers today, four days after his signing was trumpeted by St George Illawarra - a move sparking a war of words between the 22-year-old's current club and his future one.

Moltzen's manager, Martin Tauber, will meet with Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys today over the utility back's future. He has already secured a verbal agreement from Humphreys that Moltzen will be released from the final year of his Tigers contract, enabling him to officially join the Dragons and potentially be a replacement for Darius Boyd at fullback.

Tauber spoke with Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and next year's coach Steve Price yesterday and assured them the Tigers would not stop the move. ''They're not going to stand in his way,'' Tauber said.

I'm sure what is above is correct. Actually wasn't the move announced the night we played Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium by our club?

nrlnrl

First Grade
Someone mentioned it elsewhere that Motlzen is playing it smart by not speaking, but I'm sure Ronald McDonald will be trying to crack it for an exclusive interview.

Collateral

Coach
Its funny.

Tigers and Dragons fans are more concerned about who gets compensation rather than who gets Moltzen lol!

dumpy

Juniors
If it is alleged that Moltzen is on $200K with Dragons, how can Tigers afford him without more offloads? Why would he want to come back when Tigers told him to look elsewhere? Tigers have already signed Grant, Reddy and Humble. Moltzen is not a fullback, has no heart, gets caught out of position and grits his teeth when running the ball back (scared and pathetic) and if Dragons threw that amount of money at him - good luck to him for taking it. He is better at halfback but still has no heart. Moltzen should not be kept just because he is Benjis flatmate, Benji should know footy is a business (about winning) as he has made heeps out of it.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
Totally agree.

If it is alleged that Moltzen is on $200K with Dragons, how can Tigers afford him without more offloads? Why would he want to come back when Tigers told him to look elsewhere? Tigers have already signed Grant, Reddy and Humble. Moltzen is not a fullback, has no heart, gets caught out of position and grits his teeth when running the ball back (scared and pathetic) and if Dragons threw that amount of money at him - good luck to him for taking it. He is better at halfback but still has no heart. Moltzen should not be kept just because he is Benjis flatmate, Benji should know footy is a business (about winning) as he has made heeps out of it.

innsaneink

Referee
They'll dump Lui

Dragonsforever

Juniors
All this talk amuses me - I won't believe a word of what has been suggested in this saga until Tim Moltzen personally fronts an official press release flanked by his manager. Until that time these press reports about 'rumours' cannot be believed.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
And $500k for Adam Blair isn't?

Adam Blair has played in three grand finals, is the vice captain of the world champions and is a leader on and off the park. I doubt we are paying him $500K but he is a quality player regardless.

What the f**k has Moltzen achieved in his career to demand $200K a season? f**k all.

He is not an elite player. We have all of our elite players wrapped up: Marshall, Farah, Lawrence, Ellis, Blair, Galloway. Moltzen is not worth this mess.

Das Hassler

Bench
Moltzen is not worth this mess

What mess? For who?..has it completely turned your week upside down..have you had to take time of work untill this all gets sorted out? Humphries, Doust and Tauber are dealing with it because that's their job so just take an aspirin and relax...life will return to normal quite soon i'm sure

Latest posts