What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONDAY JULY 19th

stryker

First Grade
I watched it as well. I'm not sure what I think of it. It was okay. Stryker must get the PG version for kids or something. There was heaps of swearing in it.
Yeah there was some swearing, but at all times everyone was hyper aware the cameras were on them.
The documentary is not a fly on the wall style. It is not unfiltered.

simmo1

First Grade
Thought it was pretty boring. Didn't show any player discussions or reactions at all really. Madge may as well have been talking to a wall.

Come in spinner..... 🤣

With covid and all building work shut down.......Will be much longer than you think....🤣🤣
…hopefully longer than your wussy pussie underwear smoking players lasted against our us at LO.

Next man up = next man bent over.

On your way creepy smug, before are back on your trailer park of a forum swinging our axes for a welfare check.

We haven’t gate crashed their party for awhile. Need to visit and show them which club rules f**king Lu.

Pezz70

Juniors
Why is that pezz?
Cause not one of those players was listening to Madge, not one, and to be brutally honest I couldn’t listen to the shite he was speaking either. The delivery of messages from the box to the team on field was rubbish too. In my opinion there’s massive problems, I can’t remember hearing Madge pick out a weakness in the other side at half and say to the boys, look such and such is doing this, set this play on him, or try this. Or they’re doing this to us you A&B need to try this . Maybe he did I can’t remember hearing it, he and the attitude of the players lost me 5 minutes in.

Pezz70

Juniors
The much anticipated documentary on the hugely successful Rugby League powerhouse - the Wests Tigers will premiere July 19th @ 7.30 on Fox/Kayo.
The sensational trailer has dropped…who else is pumped to see a fly on the wall take of what makes this club so awesome?

Documentary or mockumentary - one word embarrassing.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah there was some swearing, but at all times everyone was hyper aware the cameras were on them.
The documentary is not a fly on the wall style. It is not unfiltered.
It's more a look at the club from the inside but yeah it's not like a reality tv show where you see all the drama that they want hidden.

simmo05

Bench
Cause not one of those players was listening to Madge, not one, and to be brutally honest I couldn’t listen to the shite he was speaking either. The delivery of messages from the box to the team on field was rubbish too. In my opinion there’s massive problems, I can’t remember hearing Madge pick out a weakness in the other side at half and say to the boys, look such and such is doing this, set this play on him, or try this. Or they’re doing this to us you A&B need to try this . Maybe he did I can’t remember hearing it, he and the attitude of the players lost me 5 minutes in.
Yeah fair enough mate. I havnt played for 20 years, and thought I might have missed something! Can't wait to see the eps where they couldn't be f**ked against the cows, storms and souffs though

Wizardman

First Grade
My thoughts pretty much echo the majority of ones already placed here. I'll elaborate on some here.

I thought it was okay. I never expected it to be fully warts and all but it was good to get some insight into the actions of our club. Some docos I've seen from ESPN have been warts and all, this was not. However, it did show some insight as to why our club fails.

Madge seems like a genuinely good bloke who is consistent towards making things better. His messages however are not listened to by his roster. They have that look as though they heard the same stuff before and the messages are a bit lost on them. Change the roster, change the coach or both.....the combination is just not happening at the moment. Our support coaching staff seem like absolute bludgers. A change is needed there.

Our captain is not convincing with his thoughts. A lot of script reading it feels from him instead of genuine belief.

I found the kid fan quite funny. A couple of his quotes were quite on the negative side.....kind of ones like I see on here. As a kid, I was a pretty blind fan, he has more of a take on reality. The fans there were loyal but not particularly demanding. Bronco fans have been off their tree for the last two years.....on the whole, we are kind of accepting.

The biggest takeaway from the show was our boss Justin Pascoe. I have never really took the time to know a lot about him. After that show, I was distinctly very unimpressed with him on a whole range of ways. He seems a bit of a pushover and very unconvincing for a man who is meant to lead our club. Very underwhelming. I hope a change happens sooner rather than later for that ceo position.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
My thoughts pretty much echo the majority of ones already placed here. I'll elaborate on some here.

I thought it was okay. I never expected it to be fully warts and all but it was good to get some insight into the actions of our club. Some docos I've seen from ESPN have been warts and all, this was not. However, it did show some insight as to why our club fails.

Madge seems like a genuinely good bloke who is consistent towards making things better. His messages however are not listened to by his roster. They have that look as though they heard the same stuff before and the messages are a bit lost on them. Change the roster, change the coach or both.....the combination is just not happening at the moment. Our support coaching staff seem like absolute bludgers. A change is needed there.

Our captain is not convincing with his thoughts. A lot of script reading it feels from him instead of genuine belief.

I found the kid fan quite funny. A couple of his quotes were quite on the negative side.....kind of ones like I see on here. As a kid, I was a pretty blind fan, he has more of a take on reality. The fans there were loyal but not particularly demanding. Bronco fans have been off their tree for the last two years.....on the whole, we are kind of accepting.

The biggest takeaway from the show was our boss Justin Pascoe. I have never really took the time to know a lot about him. After that show, I was distinctly very unimpressed with him on a whole range of ways. He seems a bit of a pushover and very unconvincing for a man who is meant to lead our club. Very underwhelming. I hope a change happens sooner rather than later for that ceo position.
I am 100% with you on the captain, he is not convincing , his words and actions are not congruent, ie the words are not reinforced by his actions on the field. Instead of ripping into deadshits on the field he looks miserable, we need a captain who leads by example and absolutely rips into the shit kickers and lazy bastards. At least Nofo had the balls to point out on social media that inside defenders were lazy, I agree with him, trouble is he shouldn’t be airing that in public he should be fronting the punks and telling them to pick up their game. When he gets hung out to dry on the park he needs to say to those boys thanks a lot for making me look like a dick again fellas. Part of being a team
Is to be able to communicate with each other.

Tiger05

First Grade
At least Nofo had the balls to point out on social media that inside defenders were lazy, I agree with him, trouble is he shouldn’t be airing that in public he should be fronting the punks and telling them to pick up their game.

A couple of points on this. Nofo's defense is terrible. He went in again incorrectly on the weekend and they score. I also don't like that he stated that publicly but I heard him state that he was frustrated. I get that.

We really need to get our middle sorted. We get smashed consistently until we put players like Seyfarth, Stef and Mikaele onto the park.

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
Just finished the first episode. f**k me. The only time players looked excited to be there was on the family day event. There doesn't seem to be any confidence in the team at all and Tamou sounds more like he's trying to convince himself of what he's saying than believing it. Even the guys like Badger and Dwyer look depressed as f**k to be there. Palmer just seems happy to be getting paid to do something.

I really thought there'd be more to motivating a professional national football team than a few 'f**ken go out there, f**ken work hard and f**ken have fun boys' speeches. And boy did it feel like a piss take when the Parra trainer came over to Palmer and was practically like 'Yeah, a couple of your players aren't shit. Not bad for the Tigers'.

gordsy

Juniors
Why would the players change attitude if we keep changing the coach every 2 -3 years?
Besides who else would be get, roids Flannagan or Sheens ??
Maybe try something different and change the players and the trainer.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I wonder if the doco painted Madge in a passionate light but missed the little things that he does that makes people uneasy. It just doesn't sit right that everyone at the club seems like they don't give a shit. Maybe Madge is actually a complete nutter and they are too scared to come into his orbit. Would make sense why the players don't make eye contact and why the box is silent when he's going off.

Or he is literally the only person employed by the Wests Tigers who knows what it takes to win a premiership

The problem with this show is that ,as WT fans ,we already know the ending ,before the first episode airs.
Any script writer will tell you ,that a tv show or movie require a hook ,to attract the imagination and attention of the viewer ,to get them interested. When you dish up a homeless looking man ,with a bad hair cut and D.I.Y tattoos, who happens to be the CEO of the club ,it’s little wonder the club fails to sign big name players or the current players seem to give a f##k.

I don't give a shit what Pascoe looks like. He's wearing a suit and club regalia when it matters.

It's the real lax attitude that worries me. Either he's projecting that image, or he really just is a really flippant individual.

The support staff need to be sacked. At least Dwyer & Badger were watching the game. Griffiths on his phone every time the camera shot back is a f**king unprofessional look. He ought to be sacked on that first episode footage.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't give a shit what Pascoe looks like. He's wearing a suit and club regalia when it matters.

It's the real lax attitude that worries me. Either he's projecting that image, or he really just is a really flippant individual.

The support staff need to be sacked. At least Dwyer & Badger were watching the game. Griffiths on his phone every time the camera shot back is a f**king unprofessional look. He ought to be sacked on that first episode footage.
But what were the support staff doing?
You would have to think they were doing something involved with the game, as I doubt they were on their phones texting their wives or mistresses, when they knew a tv crew were filming them?
Hopefully they find that out before we hang them?

Tigerm

First Grade

I wasn’t going to watch it, till I read your post.

I really don’t care what Pascoe looks like as long as he delivers his bit to the club and I believe he does.

I seen the Griffith thing you were talking about and I still go back to my previous post on this, we don’t know what he was doing and he would have known cameras were on him.

I am not sure why we did this film, but I thought it was pretty good, certainly showed Madge in a different light.

But what were the support staff doing?
You would have to think they were doing something involved with the game, as I doubt they were on their phones texting their wives or mistresses, when they knew a tv crew were filming them?
Hopefully they find that out before we hang them?
What could they have been doing on their phones that was integral to the game? The game was in front of them. They have walkie talkies to talk to the sideline support staff.

Madge came off much how I expected, he looks like the type of coach who would threaten the players’ family pets if they lose of the weekend, and with every loss a guinea pig gets flushed down the toilet. That intensity came off. The players seem a little disinterested but his kind of intensity has a shelf life on most.

I don’t have a problem with Pascoe being calm, he is employed in a position where you don’t want to make emotional decisions. It’s the decisions he makes which are terrible. He seemed more interested in self promotion than the Tigers.

Hard to judge the players, they are so heavily media trained that it’s difficult to know if they are speaking genuinely or their pre-rehearsed nonsense. Will be interested to see the response to the Tommy Tribute game.

Perth Tiger

Bench
What could they have been doing on their phones that was integral to the game? The game was in front of them. They have walkie talkies to talk to the sideline support staff.
Knowing our sham of a club he was probably checking some league app to get the stats for our players