What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONDAY JULY 19th

Pezz70

Juniors
A couple of points on this. Nofo's defense is terrible. He went in again incorrectly on the weekend and they score. I also don't like that he stated that publicly but I heard him state that he was frustrated. I get that.

We really need to get our middle sorted. We get smashed consistently until we put players like Seyfarth, Stef and Mikaele onto the park.
Nofos problems are amplified 10x by the mistakes and laziness of those inside him, he does have shortcomings in his defensive game but he gets hung out to dry way too often because the right edge defence are lazy, they don’t move off the line and they don’t slide, they’re constantly moving backwards and it seems whenever throw an extra man at our defence, the inside right defenders got to water and start backing up instead of moving forward and/or sliding with the numbers. I feel sorry for Nofo, he keeps ending up 10-20 metres inside his zone. He should never be able to move that far in without running into one of his players. If I was Nofo I wouldn’t come
Out of my channel in defence make those other blokes work. Nofos defence is more a symptom than a cause.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Jesus that leadership group is an uninspiring lot....Tamou in his first year with his final big contract, Douehi in his first year as full time first grade and a winger.....

stryker

First Grade
This doco has surely been commissioned by Madge?

It paints him as a bloke busting his guts whilst everyone around him sits silently, doing nothing. It may well be accurate with his training staff however, as they are useless. Every member of his box is worthless to this squad as they fail consistently and just can’t adapt\grow with the game. They are just not first grade standard. I don’t know why “Snoopy” featured. If he is indeed the defensive coach, he should hang his head in shame.

As for the players…NRL 360 hit the nail on the head. Far too many reserve graders getting paid top dollar to masquerade as top level players. The recruitment department are letting the club down with ever poor decision, missed opportunity and wasted dollar they sign off on. The future still looks murky in this area.

That second episode was a hard watch as it was a period of season 2021 where this club shat the bed. Some disgraceful efforts in this episode including the two ‘Tommy Tribute’ abortions and the Manly flogging.

The next episode will be slightly better…a good win in magic round against the Knights followed by a football lesson from a 19 year old the very next week, leading into our best passage of the year, floggings handed out to the Dragons and a reserve grade Penrith. Then it will all go to shit again with the Eels, Storm and Rabbits beating us 144 to 50.

Got to question why this doco was made. What was the end goal? Personally I think it makes the club look like an incompetent rabble who constantly let their fans down and are slowly killing their coach. When Madge gets the knife, he will have a lot of support due to this footage. Maybe that’s the point?

It’s not the laughing stock I thought it would be…it’s just sad and a bit boring - which is actually worse.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Yep Striker, I have to agree.
Madge presents himself as a bloke that knows the buzzwords and phrases, but doesn't really have the answers.
The snoop dog should be taken to "the farm" . . . coz poor old Madge has to repeat the simplest of instructions to him 3 times, and even then he gets it wrong.
If he is our defensive coach as well, then he should indeed be taken to the vet to end his suffering. And ours.
And why do they blank out some of Madge's swearing, but leave in the major part ? I like a good F bomb to make a point, but Madge really doesn't have much else. While I'm far from woke, you would imagine that there was a lot of little kiddies that like our stupid club, and would have told mum they want to watch the tiger town on TV. Those tirades from Madge should grow our junior fan base nicely.
The playing group appear disinterested. They do not seem to have any concept of responsibility of their actions to the club, the fans or the jersey. The only bloke who seems to give a fkk is Douehi.
To have to watch the 2 Tommy matches again just killed my passion for this stupid club that little bit more.
I honestly can't see a reason for making this doco.
We have come out of it looking fairly inept. Well, there's a reason . . . it paints the truth.

Fordy20

Juniors
This doco has surely been commissioned by Madge?

I don’t think it’s been commissioned by the club. Surely people have been crying out of this kind of content for a while and the Tigers have been the only club willing to give it. It hasn’t exactly been compelling viewing, but it’s not bad for a first crack. Hopefully we’ll see more of this style content in the future

So far it looks like everyone has been accurately portrayed. Apart from Madge, the coaching staff appear to be a reflection of the playing group. Inept, uninterested and happy simply to be employed. Madge is passionate and invested but left frustrated and bewildered by the incompetence and lack of commitment from those around him.

It’s the kind of story that deserves a fairy tale ending of the Tigers making the finals for the first time in a decade, but instead we’ll get a grim Requiem for a Dream style ending where there is nothing to look forward to.

Hopefully they do another one next year.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
if the team was winning we'd all be saying 'how good is this?'

The reality is that the club is not going to approve any game plans being discussed as part of the documentary so the pre & pist game flare ups is all we are going to see.

stryker

First Grade
if the team was winning we'd all be saying 'how good is this?'

The reality is that the club is not going to approve any game plans being discussed as part of the documentary so the pre & pist game flare ups is all we are going to see.
Why can’t we see the boys training?
Why can’t we see edited team meetings?
Why such limited interviews with players?
Why can’t we see their reactions to both pre and post games?

All we are getting is fluff, game day swearing, game day yelling, and more fluff.
This doco is a 3-4/10. It’s dull and annoying and gives f**k all insight into anything in the club besides Madge.

Just had a look at the first 2 eps, and the mind boggles how we agreed to get involved in this.

The positive is that it's obvious madge is passionate and all in. You would expect that but it's good to know. That's where the good news ends and without trying to be jocular there is no more good news and the bad news only gets worse.

It shows madge to be a barely literate communicator, or maybe he's operating at the only level the players can understand. Either way it doesn't fill me full of confidence. Doesn't show his support staff in any sort of intelligent light.

There was not one time during his many player addresses they got excited as a group and responded positively to what he was saying. As a matter of fact they didn't respond at all. This confirms what we have all been thinking. The players couldn't give a rats.

As you pointed out Stryker we get to see very little of important things like training and team meetings, which I would have loved to see. I'm pretty confident it just would have shown the same shit attitude.

While we continue to field a team that isn't close to first grade quality but gets compensated in the many hundreds of thousands we will flounder. The players have way too much power and make way too much money with no accountability.

stryker

First Grade
The third episode was better. Some good performances and more engagement by the squad members and club. The Trigaboff cameo was…interesting.

Madge finally has an offsider who gives as much of a shit as he does. Robbie made a huge contribution as we eluded to on here when he was hired. Some great quotes from him during the Penrith game.

Not looking forward to episode 4 though. From the Penrith win onwards we have been average at best and despicable trash at worst. Ep4 will feature the flogging by Parra, the annihilation by Melbourne and the flogging by Souths. Three performances that showed us how far away from the good sides this team really is after the false hope of the recent good form.

Tigerm

First Grade
Harry Triguboff worth over $10bn, let's secure his support by giving him a f**king raincoat.
😂😂😂 but what else do you give a bloke who can basically buy the country if he wanted it?

BTW, I think they got it (his financial support)?

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
HT needs to setup some shell corporations and start pumping TPAs into the players. I want to see the Cheese's IG Stories where he is celebrating his 500k a year contract while strutting around his 10 million Meriton penthouse