What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More bad RLWC press coming...

NrlCoach

Juniors
When you take how long the ball is actualy in play at Union these thrashing are a sight worse than in League where the ball is in Play for eighty minutes

The score in the recent All Black v Japs match was 56-0 and there were also a few funny looking Japs on the field.
and the fact the can go for 3 point after a penalty :crazy: imagine the score if they didnt take 3 point option at all :lol::lol::lol:

STORM.99/07

Bench
it doesn`t matter to me what the dt jokers write. I AM ENJOYING THE RLWC. I don`t mind staying up all hours to watch the games,we all know that wrathfield and bourbon wilson write negative and crap stuff about NRL so I don`t read it.

AuckMel

Bench
I haven't read the thread, but for me the RLWC is all about the growth, celebration and promotion of our game by people who play and support it. I'm f**king sick and tired of the people who bag it and just wish they'd all just f**k off and shut the hell up and let us get on with it.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I haven't read the thread, but for me the RLWC is all about the growth, celebration and promotion of our game by people who play and support it. I'm f**king sick and tired of the people who bag it and just wish they'd all just f**k off and shut the hell up and let us get on with it.

Totally agree.

Buzz Rothfield is going to dedicate his column and blog tomorrow to panning he RLWC. Regardless of this guys credibility, people believe this stuff, and will get the impression the RLWC sucks.

The reality has come again to the fact that Australia need to lose the tournament for International RL to have credibility.

When Australia win,the sport loses.

Perhaps Smith, Thurston and co. should throw a few tournaments so that future generations can have something worthwhile to play for
Rothfield is doing what his boss tells him to do. Rothfield is just another journo with no spine

Yoda

Juniors
Didn't the Socceroo's win some World Cup qualifiers 18-0 and 31-0 a few years back? That didn't seem to stop the red-nosed boozehound falling in love with soccer.

hutch

First Grade
"Mike Colman says Buzz Rothfield is wrong to call the World Cup a joke tournament"

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/leagu...nt/story-fnk3vz4p-1226762494518#ixzz2kyER4YOw

THIS MAN IS MY HERO!!!!

I beg everyone on here to comment on this story, follow him on twitter and stick it to Buzz!!!!

Pretty surprising article forum Colman who is a union supporter who predicted rugby leagues impending death a decade ago. Nice response none the less, except for the bit about union equivalents of sonny bill, fui fui and peteros. Please......

hutch

First Grade
For what it's worth,, rothfield has been bagged all afternoon on talkback radio. Every caller on talkin sport with graham Hughes was in support and has enjoyed the rlwc so far.

Tyko7

Juniors
I'd throw money at someone just to mentally and physically abuse this Rothfield merkin.
He and Wilson are a stain on this pharking planet.

The Great Dane

First Grade
When you take how long the ball is actualy in play at Union these thrashing are a sight worse than in League where the ball is in Play for eighty minutes

The score in the recent All Black v Japs match was 56-0 and there were also a few funny looking Japs on the field.

Including Craig Wing.....

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Bet they won't bag the netball world cup next year. The media drools over this sport yet it has plenty more one sided games than league.

Last edited:

morningstar

Juniors
The great man lends some much needed gravitas to the argument for camp...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nr...ch-wayne-bennett/story-fn7shzfu-1226762763793

Rugby League World Cup is better than 2008 according to supercoach Wayne Bennett

THE man who masterminded New Zealand's shock victory at the last World Cup has declared the 2013 tournament "is better than 2008" and Wayne Bennett has rejected talk that it is a waste of time.

While there is justified criticism over some of the lopsided scorelines, Bennett last night said "what people have to realise is that this is not just about Australia, New Zealand and England, this is about the rest of the world.

"And this is not about now, this is about where we want the game to be in 40 years."

Bennett was the brains behind the Kiwis' stunning upset victory over the Kangaroos in 2008 and he has no doubt in five years the developing league nations have grown significantly, directly because of their involvement in the World Cup.

"One of the reasons I took on the New Zealand job was because everyone was talking down the World Cup and in my opinion this one has been better," the seven-time premiership winning coach said.

"It is not a waste of time for the people of Fiji and everyone else who benefitted out of this. The United States. France. Italy. And that's what the World Cup is about, it is a bit bigger than the NRL, and we need to realise that."

"Fans vote with their feet and they have voted over there that they have enjoyed the concept and the quality of football.

"Everyone that was complaining about the 5000 people who turned up for Australia's game against Ireland should realise that crowd was the biggest rugby league crowd ever in Ireland.

"Biggest ever. That's a good thing for the game.

"And so many of these games have been held in front of similar record crowds, record crowds.

"All through the north of England, in France.

"It's easy for us sitting back here to say it's a waste of time but I'm telling you it is not a waste of time for the people of Fiji and everyone else who benefitted out of this. The United States. France. Italy. And that's what the World Cup is about, it is a bit bigger than the NRL, and we need to realise that.

"Whether it's cricket or rugby union or netball, they are all trying to make a thing of the World Cup in their different sports because it is the only way you are going to develop your sport.

"We keep taking this short-term view. It is not about the short-term here, it's long-term.

"And you're right, we know who the quality teams are now but it won't be long before someone is going to knock over one of these quality teams.

"And I talk to the players and the players have really bought into it this time and they want to represent their countries.

"In 2008 that wasn't as prevalent as it is now.

"I saw the other day Lachlan Coote, who is at the Cowboys now, says he wishes he had played for Scotland. There will be a lot more players that will take the offer next time.

"And people say it's not authentic. I know with Kade Snowden's case he had to get his grand father's birth certificate (to play for Italy).

"That is what they do for every other sport in the world, why do we always have to bag ourselves?"

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Ok so let's go with Rothfield's idea for a second.

2017 RL "World" Cup featuring 4 teams - Australia, NZ, England & Rest of the world

I have a hard time believing that if this was the line up that he wouldn't find that farcical and write negative articles about it.

Paullyboy

Coach
The Mike Colman article is fantastic and is a great rebuttal to have in the media. Unfortunately, people like Bourbon Beccy and Rothfield get whatever senile thought they have printed and the mass majority just believe whatever they read. Having a good response from a well respected journalist is great news.

As for Colman - he's a diehard North Sydney Bears man. He makes reference to them in pretty much every article he writes. He was death-riding league 10 years ago out of sheer hurt at losing his beloved team. I think many people would have done the same in his shoes. Rugby league eventually overcomes all though and he's clearly in love with the game again.

Latest posts