What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More bad RLWC press coming...

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
In the RU WC when a minnow gets smashed all the media is about 'plucky challengers' etc, yet when a similar score happens in RL it shows the gap is too big. Hypocrisy plain and simple.

I think News Ltd has been caught out, thinking the WC was a duff event. There is almost literally no coverage of the WC in The Australian for example, and yet we get endless articles about the A League and the Wallabies on (yet another) tour.

After the success of this event in England, I'd be straight into setting up the media rights for the next one, as regardless of some of ther negativity, anybody can see that the tournament has been a massive success in England.

Just heard James Hopper on back page harping on about 8 weeks being to long and how they should cut it to four weeks. Don't these guys have a calander. Isn't it only .5 weeks?

Joely01

Bench
Seriously getting tired of these so called writers that apparently 'cover the game' having a dig at the game every single chance they get.
I wouldn't be surprised if most of them haven't even watched a game of the World Cup.

LordLeague

Juniors
Gotta say I'm loving the world cup, as are most of my mates. Even my London born and bred Father set his alarm to get up for Fiji vs Samoa! When I was 5 years old he tried to tell me to release the ball when I was tackled, I was like "WTF Dad - that's BS!" The rest is history.

A far as Buzz and any other detractors go, I am personally offended on behalf of the French visionaries who founded and hosted the first Rugby League World Cup in 1954 as the game tried to re-establish itself only a few short years after it was officially banned by the puppet Nazi government at Vichy. The magnificent priceless 59 year old trophy and all it represents is something so special. The story of the RL World Cup and how it came to be (including the shameful history of the banning in RL in France and the defiance of the "Triezests") should be known and celebrated by all sports fans.

Long live the oldest international trophy in world Rugby.

Lord League

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just heard James Hopper on back page harping on about 8 weeks being to long and how they should cut it to four weeks. Don't these guys have a calander. Isn't it only .5 weeks?

What a knob head.

It is roughly 5 weeks, 26th October to 30th November.

Everyone's been saying, oh its too long, blah blah blah, reduce the teams to 4 teams. Yeah that'll help the minnows. :roll:

Geez I remember the Cricket World Cup in West Indies went for about 2 months. Went overseas for a few weeks and came back and was like "Geez is it over yet". I mean Im a massive cricket but that World Cup was tooo long.

But onto some positives, Ive been listening to 2Sm and there's been plenty of good feedback on the World Cup, and saying how it was amazing to see the Samoan players with plenty emotion after the game and how much it meant to them.

If these so called experts think its a waste of time, perhaps they should get a players perspective.

beave

Coach
Drunks of a feather, drink together........

Rabs is a gibbering old fool. The day he retires the league world will rejoice in unity.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
The Four Nations goes for four weeks and they are complaining about a 5 week tournament???

They attack the minnows in the league world cup and then get excited about Australia in the soccer world cup, saying "there are only three group games - if you do something there then it's game on and anything can happen".

Just cringeworthy listening to Rabs. How these people get into these positions is just staggering.

Last edited:

juro

Bench
I guess if all they care about is Aus vs NZ, the World Cup would have gone on for far too long. But if that is all they care about, they are missing out on so much!

Springs

First Grade
I honestly don't think I will be able to watch 9 next year after Rabs' dribble. What a merkin. How this bloke is still allowed to commentate RL is beyond me. I wonder what Sterlo thinks of that rubbish? Or Joey and Freddy who list the World Cup as mong their highest achievements?

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors

Brutus

Referee
The clown had his mates bagging out Vossy's sublime commentary, too - how deep does his insecurity run! Old prick should piss off to commentate swimming or netball or whichever sport he actually gives a f**k about.

The more I hear and read of Ray Warren, the more I cannot stand the bloke.

Now I know why Mark Warren is a ....

I honestly don't think I will be able to watch 9 next year after Rabs' dribble. What a merkin. How this bloke is still allowed to commentate RL is beyond me. I wonder what Sterlo thinks of that rubbish? Or Joey and Freddy who list the World Cup as mong their highest achievements?
Rab's is well past his sell by date. He should have been put out to grass 10 years ago.

undertaker

Coach
The clown had his mates bagging out Vossy's sublime commentary, too - how deep does his insecurity run! Old prick should piss off to commentate swimming or netball or whichever sport he actually gives a f**k about.

just listening to that Triple M clip. ROFL at Rabs defending Rothfield when the first caller addressed Rothfield's comments.:lol: As Beave correctly said, "Drunks of a feather, drink together........"

And also, Rabs, you didn't call the 2000WC. Vossy called the Q/F, S/F and Final involving Australia for Ch9 alongside Gus and Sterlo.

And LOL how they talk about floggings not promoting the World Cup, yet having the audacity to look at the Union World Cup in awe. Did they not forget about the thrashings in recent Union World Cups such as Australia beating Namibia 142-0 in the 2003 World Cup?

tumbidragon

First Grade
It's because of scumbags like Rothfield, Willson etc. why I refuse to even glance at TDT's articles. I did play SC through TDT but will also be boycotting that and moving on to the Dream team through the NRL.
The Raysx2 and NEINS pure contempt for the game that is it's major bread winner is also disgusting, I have been streaming all NEIN's games when possible. Sure it may be pissing in an ocean, but these merkins are f**king gutter trash of the highest order!