What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

possm

Coach
Lets all CHIP IN and settle this Rangi debt, maybe theres a cashed up Billionaire out there?? someone help us SIGN RANGI PLEASE????

I think he would be signed by now if it was just putting up the cash. The problem has to be in relation to the salary cap(transfer fee included).

Doust needs to thump the table and demand a fair go. Just get it done now!

Mr Red

First Grade
typical NRL ineptness....
you would think how to handle the transfer fee would be a no-brainer given the precendence that has already been set...
NRL should be helping the clubs get the best players playing in the NRL ....

bottle

Coach
I think he would be signed by now if it was just putting up the cash. The problem has to be in relation to the salary cap(transfer fee included).

Yes, that will do it for sure.

Minh

First Grade
Rangi Chase is a terrific player, the complete package as an attacking player.

64 Dragon

Coach
Just remember who is in charge of salary cap checks and rules. Yes, you guessed it, Ian Schubert.

BennyV

Referee
Between Dugan and Rangi, this is showing up to be a pretty epic Doust vs. Schubert battle...

TheRev

First Grade

If he kicks up a stink, this will all be over in no time once it hits the media, what worries me is they might have went cold on him and are looking at Williams instead, which I think is a mistake.

jenninga

First Grade
typical NRL ineptness....
you would think how to handle the transfer fee would be a no-brainer given the precendence that has already been set...
NRL should be helping the clubs get the best players playing in the NRL ....
You are 100% there,the NRL are to blame for Parra not getting Folau,this mob are a f#*king joke.David Smith wants to get the NRL to be the biggest footy code yet they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
How the f#*k does a transfer fee have anything to do with the salary cap,just technical crap which is not necessary.

Elias1983

Coach
Why would the NRL have one set of rules for the transfer fee for souffs and another us?

This article throws this up as a reason but if that were the truth then Doust surely would be making some noise about it.

There must be more to it.....

Which leads me to believe the "chase owes money to a former manager" story over the transfer fee story.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
One thing I would like to know is if the Burgess boys were signed AFTER their contracts in the ESL were finished ? (Thus no transfer fee?)
Hopefully Prices decision last year to say "thanks, but no thanks" doesn't bite us in the arse because Rangi resigned a new ESL deal that goes beyond this year !
Was Rangis contract up last year, or did he just resign an extention of his Castleford contract (with a get out clause if offered an NRL gig) ?

mmap dragons

Juniors
One thing I would like to know is if the Burgess boys were signed AFTER their contracts in the ESL were finished ? (Thus no transfer fee?)
Hopefully Prices decision last year to say "thanks, but no thanks" doesn't bite us in the arse because Rangi resigned a new ESL deal that goes beyond this year !
Was Rangis contract up last year, or did he just resign an extention of his Castleford contract (with a get out clause if offered an NRL gig) ?

SMH article today indicates Souffs secured a release for the Burgess brothers and the NRL didn't include the transfer fee in their cap. To me that's a precedent and the grounds for Doust to argue if the NRL are to include a potential transfer fee in the Dragons cap.

I'd be hiring QC if I were Doust.

AdamStoy

Juniors
Well, Andy Raymond just said that Carney is at Kogarah with his manager and they have a meeting with Doust tonight.

Still.. I'd Prefer Rangi!

Minh

First Grade
If we sign Dugan and Rangi in the next two weeks I'm sure we'd be very competitive and capable of beating anyone.

bottle

Coach
Rumours saying the inclusion of the transfer fee has killed this deal. No source, just whispers.
As I say, no source, but also no Rangi I think.

inside_pass

Bench
If rangi is really that good wouldn"t other clubs be lining up for him?
I just don't see what all the fuss is over him.

dragonv

Juniors
The fuss is that he is all we can manage to sign and 'not a bad' player but it looks more and more like it won't happen and we'll end up getting Dugan on 5 game contract.

18to87

First Grade
If rangi is really that good wouldn"t other clubs be lining up for him?
I just don't see what all the fuss is over him.

The fact Saints have money to spend under the cap for this season probably has something to do with it.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Cas CEO Steve Gill has now been quoted saying Chase will remain at Cas till the end of the ESL season. Looks as though how the transfer will be treated by the NRL will prevent him joining the Dragons mid season and possibly beyond.

Latest posts