What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

Cagey Mac

Bench
I like Rangi over Williams
Widdop can play ½ if Drinkwater isn’t ready
Farrell can play 5/8 along with Style and Widdop and even Dugan has a little 5/8 experience.
I have been consulting my Ouija board however and applied Fermat’s last theorem and can advise that we will see a categorical announcement regarding Jamie Lyon within days.

cas1

Juniors
Can you please sign Rangi so we can end this thread.
Rangi loves Cas Tigers no matter what you say about our ground and we have no beaches for 60 miles but we have the best supporters in world rugby this is why he is loath to leave and we do not want him to leave,but he needs to have world reconigtion because he is a world class player,and i feel sure he will start next season with st george.

cas1

Juniors
Is that the same bloke that said he played his last game for Castleford a month ago? If we signed all the players we've being linked to we would have enough players to bring back the Steelers!. From reading all the posts it quite clear that nobody has any idea what's happening. No offense to cas1 but where is he getting all this info from.

do not worry my friend he is on his way things needed sorting agents transfer fees but cas tigers are fighting to keep him but he will be a st george player next season widdop and chase englands half backs

nrlnrl

First Grade
do not worry my friend he is on his way things needed sorting agents transfer fees but cas tigers are fighting to keep him but he will be a st george player next season widdop and chase englands half backs

The biggest hurdle appears to be the money he allegedly owes a former manager. I've mentioned it several times, but if it's true, he can't sign another contract until this debt is settled.

cas1 - do you live in Castleford ? You even jokingly mention the removalists vans in his driveway. From what I've read online, it seems as though Chase is playing his last game every time he plays. ( local media don't seem to have much idea or mention the alleged debt )

Last edited:

cas1

Juniors
The biggest hurdle appears to be the money he allegedly owes a former manager. I've mentioned it several times, but if it's true, he can't sign another contract until this debt is settled.

cas1 - do you live in Castleford ? You even jokingly mention the removalists vans in his driveway. From what I've read online, it seems as though Chase is playing his last game every time he plays. ( local media don't seem to have much idea or mention the alleged debt )[/QUOTE

The debt as i understand is between two agents contracted to one of them till august he is the stumbling block i do live in Castleford four days a week but i also live in devon as well that is how i earn my living
The british press are lazy journalists and get their information from forums

cas1

Juniors
going to bed now let you know any new information as soon as i know,do not worry he is coming.

nontime111

Juniors
Thanks CAS 1! :) Above and beyond footy brother! Thanks for the info and updates Ive been watching Rangi news like a hawk! Still dissapointed he was kicked out of Saints in 2009 when Bennett came, I rated him WAY above Hornby and Soward for our halves, Brownie was a good talent scout! :roll:

Lethal25

Juniors
If Rangi is indeed on his way let's hope he doesn't cop a major injury playing for Castleford whilst this is being sorted out

TheRev

First Grade
Milford played today off the bench for Canberra (QLD U20 Halfback), he really caught my eye in Origin because he had the skills the other halfbacks had, but he also was a lethal quick little bowen-style runner.

In any case if there was any indication that Sam Williams is on the exit path, this was it.

mmap dragons

Juniors
I don't expect the club to announce the signing of Chase any time soon. Latest reports indicate Chase owes his ex player manger a six figure sum. Ouch.

cas1

Juniors
I don't expect the club to announce the signing of Chase any time soon. Latest reports indicate Chase owes his ex player manger a six figure sum. Ouch.
there certainly was a problem with him having two agents last season thats why his move fell through to you,nothing has ever been quoted as too how much that is,but st george and rangi are were aware of this before negotiations started this season.
On another note it has gone very quiet on the rangi move in castleford had another top game to-day starting to hit top form,no game for two weeks for Castleford new coach starts next week so if anything is going to happen it should be soon.

grouch

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...itle-contenders--for-2014-20130506-2j2l4.html

Issues over how much the signing of Rangi Chase would cost towards the Dragons' salary cap are believed to have again put his return from Castleford on hold, with Fairfax Media told the NRL want to include a transfer fee - despite Souths not having to do so when they secured the release of Sam and Luke Burgess from Super League clubs. However, St George Illawarra are believed to be looking to sign another halfback who could join the club immediately

nontime111

Juniors
Lets all CHIP IN and settle this Rangi debt, maybe theres a cashed up Billionaire out there?? someone help us SIGN RANGI PLEASE????