What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

dragonv

Juniors
Cas CEO Steve Gill has now been quoted saying Chase will remain at Cas till the end of the ESL season. Looks as though how the transfer will be treated by the NRL will prevent him joining the Dragons mid season and possibly beyond.

Fantastic...

saint.nick

Coach
The Carney arrangement at the Manly game is making a lot more sense now. I think Doust is resigned to losing out on Chase...again.

CarssDragon

Juniors
You are 100% there,the NRL are to blame for Parra not getting Folau,this mob are a f#*king joke.David Smith wants to get the NRL to be the biggest footy code yet they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
How the f#*k does a transfer fee have anything to do with the salary cap,just technical crap which is not necessary.

My thoughts exactly. Weren't they talking about removing some of the hurdles when they did that restructure. Pretty ordinary if we have in fact missed out due to this?

dragonv

Juniors
Can't Doust argue the precedent has been set by Souths and the Burgess brothers? I don't understand why he isn't making more noise about it if this is the case.

cas1

Juniors
Castleford Tigers CEO has stated that Rangi Chase will be a Castleford player for the rest of the season.

cas1

Juniors
Cas CEO Steve Gill has now been quoted saying Chase will remain at Cas till the end of the ESL season. Looks as though how the transfer will be treated by the NRL will prevent him joining the Dragons mid season and possibly beyond.

sorry about my post not on the ball to-day

nrlnrl

First Grade
Castleford Tigers CEO has stated that Rangi Chase will be a Castleford player for the rest of the season.

Yeah, mmap dragons has already mentioned that - I think you need to tell the moving vans to leave. Don't worry he's coming ? - I think quite a few fans based in Australia were always sceptical about this, but thanks for the updates anyway.

I think it's a good thing & the Dragons shouldn't bother trying again. 3rd time lucky to re-sign him ? - no thanks. I believe it's better to avoid him as a quick fix & be patient for a better long term option.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Seems we've failed on two occasion in less than 6 months for his sig. Best of three maybe?
Makes me sad :( Spewing if it comes out that it was all because of that petty shit regarding inclusion of transfer fees in salary caps!

TheRev

First Grade
Shattered really, I wasnt interested in another young half back needing 2-3yrs development... and I dont think Doust is interested in waiting till 2014, he wants someone now which limits our options to .. Williams.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Shattered really, I wasnt interested in another young half back needing 2-3yrs development... and I dont think Doust is interested in waiting till 2014, he wants someone now which limits our options to .. Williams.

Raiders have offered him a 2 year deal, so that means we'll have to pay more than they are offering which is probably too much imo. He hasn't done anything warranting signing him over starting Drinkwater for the rest of the year and buying someone decent for next year.

nrlnrl

First Grade

I've heard Sam Williams to Penrith as a replacement for Luke Walsh

watatank

Coach
Raiders have offered him a 2 year deal, so that means we'll have to pay more than they are offering which is probably too much imo. He hasn't done anything warranting signing him over starting Drinkwater for the rest of the year and buying someone decent for next year.

lol, you say that like there's all these options available.

Canberra have more halves than they know what to do with, if they're offering two years to Williams then they're just getting greedy. Any club that wants him will trump that easily.

Latest posts