What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

The Cobra

Juniors
I have stated on another thread that according to Widdops old man he is/was a gun halfback all through his junior career & has never been given the chance in OZ to play in the 7.

FlameThrower

Bench
I have stated on another thread that according to Widdops old man he is/was a gun halfback all through his junior career & has never been given the chance in OZ to play in the 7.

No matter how we slice and dice it, still a half short, so to speak. Kyle Stanley basically not played for 16 months, Drinkwater years from ready, and still no Dugan, Rangi slipping away by the minute, and Carney now rumored to go to Panthers.

Todd Ryan is better than Drinkwater I'll say that now then you have Jackson Hastings, Drew Hutchinson, Shannon Crook and Jacob Neil.

All these guys have talent the thing is they are so young if they can nab an experienced half to allow them to mature great but Rangi Chase isn't the answer he can stay in the UK.

Sam Williams at least has been playing in the NRL and offered a good deal might sway him if he is sensible enough to see his time at the Raiders is running out.

TheRev

Coach
Love reading this sort of stuff, my thoughts are that he has to play 2nd fiddle at the Storm, but he looks a pretty complete player, just not sure on his leadership skills & what he is capable of yet..

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
apparently rangis coach just wants him to forget the transfer for now as its too complicated and its messing with the club, play the rest of the season try and make play offs then once thats done continue negotiations and hopefully be here by end of season/next season he does want to come its just hes own issues with hes manager and all that, think about it if we dont have him we would have signed mortimer, williams or even carney but we arn't because we do have chase wether it is this season or not its next season at the least.

Minh

First Grade
I hope we sign Rangi Chase, he is the real deal, would easily handle a return to the NRL.

BennyV

Referee
Todd Ryan is better than Drinkwater I'll say that now then you have Jackson Hastings, Drew Hutchinson, Shannon Crook and Jacob Neil.

All these guys have talent the thing is they are so young if they can nab an experienced half to allow them to mature great but Rangi Chase isn't the answer he can stay in the UK.

Sam Williams at least has been playing in the NRL and offered a good deal might sway him if he is sensible enough to see his time at the Raiders is running out.

Ryan is pretty good, Drinkwater has more potential though methinks (bit of a Rein vs King thing)...the rest of them are 4-5 years away from first grade, so best case scenario is we get an experienced half to fill the gap and help mentor them...Chase would be the best option!

TheRev

Coach
Have to say I dont even notice Ryan on the field, maybe thats because im always looking for Drinkwater, but im always surprised when he people call him out as a potential star... ill have to watch some more games to watch the kid.

bottle

Coach
Firstly, when we first said we weren't going to proceed with Rangi Kyle was uninjured and still in the frame, and we'd just signed Drinkwater. The hold up now has been the f**k around regarding the transfer fee and Schubert's goal post moving skills.

Secondly, we have unspent cap money NOW. Forget Rangi, we need to spend the money now to get someone for the immediate. The advantage of Rangi as someone already said (Rev?) was his immediate recruitment. That advantage gone, time to work harder on other options (Wiliams?).

I'm sure there is a plan C-K in place. Well, not sure, but hopeful.

SET2JT

Juniors
Got a feeling Beal is going to play 5/8 with Dugan as the fullback next year. Kyle to Coopers center position.

mmap dragons

Juniors
I hope we sign Rangi Chase, he is the real deal, would easily handle a return to the NRL.

I'm confident he'll be here next year Minh. There is still some talk coming out of the UK that it's a done deal and Cas supporters are indicating although he'll see out this year in the ESL, Chase will be in the Red V next season. Watch this space. ;-)

Minh

First Grade
I'm confident he'll be here next year Minh. There is still some talk coming out of the UK that it's a done deal and Cas supporters are indicating although he'll see out this year in the ESL, Chase will be in the Red V next season. Watch this space. ;-)

Watching with interest.:)

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Kurtley Beale stood down again and I heard on twitter dragons are interested in him again.
But then again it's twitter and a rumour

Louiethefly

Juniors
Got a feeling Beal is going to play 5/8 with Dugan as the fullback next year. Kyle to Coopers center position.

I think Kyle to 5/8 and Beale to centre would be more likely considering Kyle is a natural 5/8 and Beale has played in the centres for the Kiwis.

nontime111

Juniors
Kyle Stanleys THE BEST 5/8 IN THE WORLD!!!! no offence to Beale supporters but that 5 minutes against the sharks last year was way more than enuff for this DRAGON!!!:roll: Poor kids had awful luck the other side of the cycle must be about ti turn for him to get some GOOD LUCK YAYY!! FOR US!! :lol:

Louiethefly

Juniors
Kyle Stanleys THE BEST 5/8 IN THE WORLD!!!! no offence to Beale supporters but that 5 minutes against the sharks last year was way more than enuff for this DRAGON!!!:roll: Poor kids had awful luck the other side of the cycle must be about ti turn for him to get some GOOD LUCK YAYY!! FOR US!! :lol:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Farrell
4. Beale
5. Nightingale

That back line is going to be a huge upgrade regardless of who partners Widdop in the halves next year.