What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Hated Player

Most Hated Player

• Mick Crocker

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 58 37.4%
  • Michael Ennis

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • Braith Anasta

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • David Fa'alago

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Steve Price

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Billy Slater

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Brett Finch

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

betcats

Referee
Yeah, I probably would too. But I think I'd be over it after 7 years. Then again, I guess it's hard for Parra watching most other clubs win premierships in the last decade and a half while they watch their club fall apart. It's also easier for them to blame Lyon than it is to accept the reality that their club is scum. I've never liked Parra but when I heard about this incident it just made he hate them so much more.

Being from Penrith i hate Parra as well but i dont really blame them for hating Lyon. People hate players for a lot more stupid reasons then that.
It has been a long time but most league fans have long memories. Forgive and forget isnt a common theme amongst the fans.

POPEYE

Coach
Being from Penrith i hate Parra as well but i dont really blame them for hating Lyon. People hate players for a lot more stupid reasons then that.
It has been a long time but most league fans have long memories. Forgive and forget isnt a common theme amongst the fans.

I lived in Parra during the halcyon years of the eighties and had trouble forgiving Gibson for leaving without winning 6 in a row.

Parra fans are very complacent and they will put up with things they shouldn't as long as management tells them it's right.

Smith stayed far too long and upset too many good players and he was no better than Monie who didn't have a finishing touch either

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brett Stewart
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
David Williams
Jason King
Sam Thaiday
Justin Hodges
Jharal Yow Yeh
Michael Ennis
Corey Payne
Jamal Idris
Steve Turner
Ben Barba
Frank Pritchard
Paul Gallen
Nathan Gardner
Tim Smith
Anthony Tupou
Jeremy Smith
Adam Blair
Greg Bird
Anthony Laffranchi
William Zillman
Nathan Friend
Bodene Thompson
Daniel Conn
Todd Carney
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Nate Myles
Jake Friend
Braith Anasta
Michael Crocker
Greg Inglis
Isaac Luke
Chris Sandow
John Sutton
Rhys Wesser
Nathan Merritt
David Taylor
Billy Slater
Sika Manu
Anthony Quinn
Bryce Gibbs
Simon Dwyer
Chris Heighington
Robbie Farah
Andrew Fifita
Liam Fulton
Beau Ryan
Ben Te'o
Jarryd Hayne
Luke Burt
Joel Reddy
Daniel Mortimer
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Nathan Hindmarsh
Kurt Gidley
Shannon MacDonnell
Adam MacDougall
James McManus
Junior Sau
Wes Naiqama
Akuila Uate
Ben Rogers
Jarrod Mullen
Matt Hilder
Richie Fa'aoso
Chris Houston
Neville Costigan
Cory Patterson
Isaac De Gois
Dan Tolar
Antonio Kaufusi
Joel Edwards
Tyrone Roberts
Mark Taufua
James Maloney
Trent Waterhouse
Nathan Smith
Timana Tahu
Adrian Purtell
Travis Burns
Matt Bowen
Johnathan Thurston
Ashton Sims
Beau Scott
Ben Hannant
Jamie Soward
Matt Prior

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of them off the top of my head.
I feel you may left people out please revise.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Getting closer and closer to being Manly.

Whinging again about having to play their home game at SFS, despite it being agreed on earlier in the year (did they not back themselves to finish top 4 then?) and now Jamie Lyon says the NRL should organise transport to get their fans there.

This siege mentality is doing no one favours. It's pathetic. Actually it probably do them favours - it got Brett Stewart a ridiculously light sentence last week. No way he deserves to be playing on Saturday.

I now hope they get bounced out.

firechild

First Grade
Getting closer and closer to being Manly.

Whinging again about having to play their home game at SFS, despite it being agreed on earlier in the year (did they not back themselves to finish top 4 then?) and now Jamie Lyon says the NRL should organise transport to get their fans there.

This siege mentality is doing no one favours. It's pathetic. Actually it probably do them favours - it got Brett Stewart a ridiculously light sentence last week. No way he deserves to be playing on Saturday.

I now hope they get bounced out.

It's funny how Manly haters keep showing how stupid they are. Brett Stewart recieved 325 points for his involvement in the brawl. That's 3 weeks and a pretty heavy penalty (comparable to Thaiday making a tackle that could have ended with a broken neck). He recieved a discount of 25% for an early plea (as all players are entitled to) and a further discount of 25% for having a clean record for 7+ years.

As for the whinging about home grounds. I agree that they have no reason to complain but when I read the article, it sounded very much like Lyon was responding to some loaded questions. It is typical of the Daily Telecrap to create these stories. They do it every week but when it involves Manly people are pretty quick to ignore the fact it is the same bunch of morons deathriding the game week in week out, promoting nothing "scnadals" to sell newspapers. Everyone loves to have a whinge about Manly and the Telecrap know it. They can drum up interest in their rubbish stories by appealing to the majority.

POPEYE

Coach
When/if Manly and Melbourne cease to be the established teams to beat in League the new consistent protagonists will feel the wrath of the doomsayers and demonisers

firechild

First Grade
Haha. Manly are never going to get away from the consistent hatred from rival fans. It's been happening since the 60s.

to_ddeath

Coach
Fairy Creagh
Chicken dancing diving androtrop Soward
Bogan Cooper
Sauce Spurting Gasnier
Bennett's bitch Boyd
Not worthy of Rep Football Morris

Ratstail Ratf**ker Bogan Duhgan
Terry Campussy
Fake Ferguson
Tom Haemmeroids-Lars
Jarrod Choker
Alan Gimme some Tongue
David Shittington

& so on....

T.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's funny how Manly haters keep showing how stupid they are. Brett Stewart recieved 325 points for his involvement in the brawl. That's 3 weeks and a pretty heavy penalty (comparable to Thaiday making a tackle that could have ended with a broken neck). He recieved a discount of 25% for an early plea (as all players are entitled to) and a further discount of 25% for having a clean record for 7+ years.

As for the whinging about home grounds. I agree that they have no reason to complain but when I read the article, it sounded very much like Lyon was responding to some loaded questions. It is typical of the Daily Telecrap to create these stories. They do it every week but when it involves Manly people are pretty quick to ignore the fact it is the same bunch of morons deathriding the game week in week out, promoting nothing "scnadals" to sell newspapers. Everyone loves to have a whinge about Manly and the Telecrap know it. They can drum up interest in their rubbish stories by appealing to the majority.

I've never been a Manly hater - in fact I followed them before the Warriors came in the comp. So please don't see that as a biased attack, because it ain't.

3 weeks heavy for a flying swinging arm from distance? Please. There was no intent in Thaiday's tackle, it was a great tackle gone wrong because of momentum. Same as Taylor's in wet conditions earlier in the year, for which he copped 5 weeks. I know there are circumstances that lead to sentences. But the NRL abhors the 3rd man in scenario, and most of the time they are partly trying to break it up. Stewart tried to knock Blair's block off, see the look in his eyes?

Fair call on the last paragraph.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
When/if Manly and Melbourne cease to be the established teams to beat in League the new consistent protagonists will feel the wrath of the doomsayers and demonisers

If you're suggesting people hate Manly and Melbourne solely because they're successful, I laugh.

I hate Souths, hardly tall poppy syndrom right? I don't hate Manly nor Melbourne but there's plenty of reasons people have to dislike them apart from the titles they've won (or had stripped from them)

firechild

First Grade
Stewart did not try to knock Blair's head off. He came in very fast which made it look worse but he had both arms up (who swings at someones head with 2 arms?) and his hands are both open. He was trying to grab Blair by the shoulders to drag him to the ground. The fact that when he missed he simply came back and grabbed Blair, trying to pull him away from his brother and didn't have a swing at him shows his initial intent. Blair saw him coming and tried to swing Glenn around to impede Brett which made Brett miss the mark. It's not surprising that since he was going for the shoulders and missed he clipped Blair across the head (especially since Blair ducked slightly), the head and shoulders are very close to each other.

With respect to Thaiday, yes, it was careless and had no intent but the fact is upending a player can cause spinal damage whether it is intentional or not. Even without intent it is still far more dangerous than someone jumping at another player with open hands.

Last edited:

Ozzy

First Grade
Twoarmwanker Terrible couldn't even find the classroom. But then again he's up RPs little anus too often
to notice isn't he :lol:

T.
:) I wouldn't know about that. Personally I think RP is the same poster as BHP. I don't have much time for him/her/it.

POPEYE

Coach
If you're suggesting people hate Manly and Melbourne solely because they're successful, I laugh.

I hate Souths, hardly tall poppy syndrom right? I don't hate Manly nor Melbourne but there's plenty of reasons people have to dislike them apart from the titles they've won (or had stripped from them)

Not necessarily hate, which should be reserved for those who abuse children and animals, but definitely a desire to see them knocked down a peg or two.

If all goes to plan the Knights will be working on their 2nd or 3rd 'grand' final in about 3 years time and it will then be their turn at the tall poppy syndrome.

If Gallop is steering the ship we'll see all sorts of things . . . tackle infringements, extra vigilance of the cap, maybe intense drug tests in Newcastle's case

Latest posts