What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

• Israel Folau (Mel)

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Matt Ballin (Man)

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • James McManus (New)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Josh Morris (Stg)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Peter Wallace (Pen)

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters

DeeGan

Bench

Pretty easy, poll your vote and post your reasoning.

skeepe

Immortal
Hard to go past Falou really.

Dobson is another who has started well, hopefully that will continue tonight.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Rookie of the year will be a two way contest between Falou and Jennings imo.

t-ba

Post Whore
I rate Terence Seu Seu tbh, and Williams.

Out of that list, Folau followed by Ballin.

DeeGan

Bench
Israel Falou on the end of the best backline in the game has been scintillating early - 5 tries in three games including 2 x doubles ... hard to top.

Richie Williams from Stg Illawarra can be anything. Has great attacking game, the flair and is strong defensively, just needs to improve on his decision making though that will come.

We are blessed with some wonderful rookie talent at the moment.

domdom

Juniors
folau just ahead of ballin for me. he's been very solid over 3 matches. ballin a very close second though.

race for rookie of the year this season will be a tight one!

Munky

Coach
Does Wallace count as an official rookie?

Started one game in 2005. It'd be unfair to exclude him since he was called up due to Gower's rep duties.

The Preacher

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
Folau's looked good on D and under the high ball too though.[/quote]

Israel would be used to bombs wouldn't he ????

Ballin gets my vote. Anyone from Kingaroy Red Ants just oozes class.
Ex Manly/Easts/Qld & Kangaroo prop Dave Brown also came from the Red Ants.

t-ba

Post Whore
Munky said:
Does Wallace count as an official rookie?

Started one game in 2005. It'd be unfair to exclude him since he was called up due to Gower's rep duties.

Starting a game in a previous year disqualifies you from the Dally M's.

I'll throw in Dan Hunt for the Dragons. Bets of our many rookies thus far this year IMO.

I havent seen much of the other rookies in the comp, but Ballin did impress me yesterday. Folau - will be a great talent in years to come.

willvillain

Juniors
Of this list, I think Ballin has had the biggest influence over the games they've played.

Folau has scored a couple of tries (one or two gimmes, some bombs, and some good efforts) but he's a winger....his impact on a game is minimal. Ballin has been pretty much outstanding in his two games, great dummy half service, lots of tackles, kicking game out of dummy half....

I think it is to be expected that he is the pick of the bunch though. He is older, more mature, in an important position and in a winning team.

Wallace has gone damn well as well however.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Israel Folau. Awesome Talent at that age..whats scary is he is yet to hit his prime.

I see he is not a Kiwi. Damn. Lol.

Godz Illa

Coach
Bring back John Fifita said:
I'll throw in Dan Hunt for the Dragons. Bets of our many rookies thus far this year IMO.
Word BBJF. Solid, improving each week, and played his best game for us on Saturday. Dropped to the bench with the return of Poore and responded in the best possible fashion.

Latest posts