What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most quickly forgotten Grand Final ever?

ucantseeme

Juniors
It's been less than one week and the Bulldogs vs Roosters grand final is already all but disappeared from public consciousness. Forgotten.

The big news stories of this week were the election and tonie carroll making the Kangaroo squad.

I think the reason is because it was a game between the 2 most hated teams that fans of other teams just weren't overly concerned with the outcome. Simply put, they didn't care who won. If the cowboys or panthers been there and had won we'd still be hearing about it.

It was poor timing for the NRL that the GF coincided with a Federal election but this cannot be helped.

How come no one ever talks about the 1985 GF. Who played? Who won?

dimitri

First Grade
the gf has had it fair share of newspaper headlines

it now time for the tri-series and the roo tour

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

woohoo

Stomp

Juniors
Biglance said:
agreed does anyone care now

I don't anymore, it was great to see the Bulldogs win the Grand Final ect, now its just seems like history.

Usually people are still talking about the Grand Final.

Stomp

lodown

Juniors
maybe not forgetable, but in the last 15 years or so, the ones you hear least about would be the '88, '94, '95 & '98 GF's

thuganomics

Coach
96 was very average. i still think 2001 was a good grand final.
2004'S grand final was boring, but at least it wasn't a blow out scoreline.

Southernsaint

Staff member
ucantseeme said:
It's been less than one week and the Bulldogs vs Roosters grand final is already all but disappeared from public consciousness. Forgotten.

The big news stories of this week were the election and tonie carroll making the Kangaroo squad.

I think the reason is because it was a game between the 2 most hated teams that fans of other teams just weren't overly concerned with the outcome. Simply put, they didn't care who won. If the cowboys or panthers been there and had won we'd still be hearing about it.

It was poor timing for the NRL that the GF coincided with a Federal election but this cannot be helped.

How come no one ever talks about the 1985 GF. Who played? Who won?

I'll never forget the 1985 Grand Final. 7-6 to C*nterbury over my beloved Saints, with the field goal kicked by the man who single-handedly ran Saints into the ground during his coaching tenure.

The game pretty-much got the rule changed so that any kicks caught on the full in the in-goal went to a 20 metre tap instead of a line drop-out. The irony was that C*nterbury had suggested this at the start of the year...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
most forgettable for me would be 98 Dogs v Broncos

They got there by the skin of their teesh. It compares to what would have happened if the Cowboys got there this year.

[furrycat]

Coach
Uh most people forget the GF after a week... Unless you were a supporter of the team in it. You expect everyone to remember the 1985 GF? Who really cares about the 1985 one now?