What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motivated Dureau puts pressure on Rogers

Big Tim

First Grade
You got that right!

I hope you enjoy the view up there mate.

Maybe you should look at the posts calling for Stone's head whilst he pulicly put a rocket up a guy he was relying on, and also gave some amount of confidence to a guy without any who may be required to pull on a jersey and step into the team if all goes pear shaped.

It was a man-management "feel good" article that served its purpose.

Spot On

Coach
I hope you enjoy the view up there mate.

Maybe you should look at the posts calling for Stone's head whilst he pulicly put a rocket up a guy he was relying on, and also gave some amount of confidence to a guy without any who may be required to pull on a jersey and step into the team if all goes pear shaped.

It was a man-management "feel good" article that served its purpose.

Sure.

Last edited:
Confirmed.

Signed for 2 years with Catalan Dragons.

Farewell Scotty, hope you carve up over there mate. If you were half as good a footballer as you were a bloke, you'd have been the next coming of Andrew Johns. A bloke that, regardless of popular opinion, I'll always be proud to call a Knight.

roopy

Referee
Catalans is a great fit for Scotty.
Robinson is a coach who lets him run the show on the field, which has always been Scotty's best strength, and something neither Smith nor Stone would ever let him do.
Walshy came up through the same school, and he has shown at Penrith what he can do if he gets to call all the shots, and Scotty is as good or better at doing that - not that he has done it since the last time he played under Robinson in 2008, when they had the worst bunch of nuffies you will ever see on top of the NSW cup table for a while.
Scotty won't be a target in ESL, so his defence won't be a huge issue, and he will have petrol in the tank to take control of the attack.
Catalans love playing 'French' style - which is basically unpredictable and attacking, and not worrying so much about being robots etc.
Scotty should have a lot of fun, and he will be very successful i think.

Pika

Bench
Catalans is a great fit for Scotty.
Robinson is a coach who lets him run the show on the field, which has always been Scotty's best strength, and something neither Smith nor Stone would ever let him do.
Walshy came up through the same school, and he has shown at Penrith what he can do if he gets to call all the shots, and Scotty is as good or better at doing that - not that he has done it since the last time he played under Robinson in 2008, when they had the worst bunch of nuffies you will ever see on top of the NSW cup table for a while.
Scotty won't be a target in ESL, so his defence won't be a huge issue, and he will have petrol in the tank to take control of the attack.
Catalans love playing 'French' style - which is basically unpredictable and attacking, and not worrying so much about being robots etc.
Scotty should have a lot of fun, and he will be very successful i think.

That is a complete and utter assumption, and incorrect.

Stone gives all his play makers a freedom to play what is in front of them.

You will also find that Robbo has a very similar coaching style to Smith.

roopy

Referee
That is a complete and utter assumption, and incorrect.

Stone gives all his play makers a freedom to play what is in front of them.

You will also find that Robbo has a very similar coaching style to Smith.
Time will tell, and i'm pretty confident it will tell us that Dureau will go pretty well in France, largely due to not being 'coached' to death.

macavity

Referee
I agree roops, I reckon he will go well over there.

Nothing to do with coaching however - all to do with the fact that defence is already non-existent there..... so his defensive issues won't be such an issue.

Pika

Bench
I have little doubt he will go well over there as well.

But it will have little to do with the freedom to play his own game given to him by Robbo compared to any imagined restraints placed on his game by Stone.

I wont argue with your Smith point though mate.

roopy

Referee
I have little doubt he will go well over there as well.

But it will have little to do with the freedom to play his own game given to him by Robbo compared to any imagined restraints placed on his game by Stone.

I wont argue with your Smith point though mate.
Under Smith his only role was to get the ball to Mullen in a good position, and Stone gave him more freedom than that, but you could tell he was playing someone else's game - not his own.

Weels

Juniors
You may want to hope he does well on Sunday as well.
Guess who is covering for Mullen.

Roops that is a mighty long bow you have drawn there. If you think Dureau had some sort of natural game that he kept hidden because the coaching shackled him, you are turning it up big time. Let's think about what you have said here for a second. You are suggesting that Dureau was only as good a player as he was coached to be. Great halfbacks stand out and are allowed to dictate terms when they see it necessary. Scotty should have had the ability to see when the game needed to be amped up or slowed down. He was just not up to it. No need to point out Dureau's deficiences cos they were there for all to see. Good luck to him in the UK.

Last edited:

Latest posts