What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan, Finucane, Graham

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
All 3 can pack their bags and go home. Do not come to training on Monday. Services ought no longer be required. Total deadweight and handbrakes on the growth of the team. None of them offer anything and none are first grade standard in 2023.

Quicksilver

Bench
What happens if he doesn't drop them and we win next week by 40?

Our performances are bipolar, so it's a fair possibility

I look at the 3 of them.
Graham we knew coming into season he was there for experience only, I can't see a game where he has stood up, limited minutes.

Moylan last year was a false dawn and we resigned him for 2 more years, teams in Super League would take him the club could offload him there end of season, Let Catalans are losing Michell Pearce.

Finucane this is the one, it's like he has hit a wall and it started towards end o flat season, it seems now when he is on the field more mistakes, and he looks exhausted fast, and we have him for 2 and half more years, it would be a big call for the club to drop him during the year, or look to moving him on end of year

Weaponhead

Coach
Dale was signed to lift the standards and lead the younger forwards to the higher levels of professionalism required to go deep into finals. It just hasn't worked out. He was poor at the back end of last year and is going very ordinary this year. He is on good money for another 18 months and this hurts the ability to recruit.

Wade is just offering experience. He is not a major issue.

Moylan looks good against ordinary teams. Good teams go after him and he doesn't have the athleticism to compete. It's time to blood Trindall or go sign someone else. 2 year extension was madness.

Poss

Juniors
To be fair, we were losing by 40 before Wade even got on the field - so can’t blame the loss on him. The problem is though, that spot could go to someone who might come on and make a difference when we are down by say 20 or so. A game breaker. Someone to tidy up the middle. Someone to take the tough carries. WG doesn’t really offer those things, so instead, he stays on the bench until the 50th minute or so when the result is well and truly over.

Special K

Coach
Hard to blame Wade as he got on with 25 to go down by a billion.

Moylan had some really bad misses. Dale yeah not efficient. Can't see either going though

DJDL

Bench
The loss was certainly not Wad'e fault but, as others have pointed out, he is taking up a spot which could be used to blood someone else.
He offers SFA when he's out there, so why persist?

I wouldn't advocate for losing all three in one go, but I'd be happy to see Moylan and Wade shunted out.
Dale can be gently eased out over the remaining rounds.

Quicksilver

Bench
Bring in Connor. He has the right attitude. He can take Talakai's position. put Talakai back into the forwards to hopefully give us some more punch.

SadShark

Bench
Does it actually even matter who’s in the team this year? We’re so f**king abysmal , with a khunnovan attitude, that I really don’t think it matters anymore.

A few laughs at game’s end, to show how much of a passive pegging recipient they are. No shame out there today. Cnuts the lot of ‘em.

taipan

Referee
Been arguing regularly with a mate ,he reckons Moylan should not be selected anytime ,and I've always backed Moylan. After Sunday's debacle I'm prepared to give myself a public stiff uppercut Basil Fawlty style.
Moylan's age has wearied him, Graham tries hard but the engine at times just won't kick start, Finucane bit lost on that one.
Not looking forward to meet up with said mate,I hate being done over like a dinner.
I can handle the odd blowout loss 15 point margin say ,but trying to stop a Sunday avalanche with bit of cardboard ain't my go.

Poss

Juniors
Some stats from yesterdays Jets game:

Tracey (playing fullback):
2 tries
225 metres (23 runs)
15 tackle breaks
1 linebreak & lba

Trindall
1 try
3 try assists
4 linebreak assists

Colquhoun
61 mins
126 metres (12 runs)
34 tackles (1 missed)

Surely at least one of these guys plays first grade next week..

Weaponhead

Coach
Watched the first half (should have watched the second as well) and Trindall ripped Norths to shreds. His passing and kicking was class. He is as ready as he ever will be to step up and start.

Tracey did was Tracey does. He was energetic, ran his lines and supported.

Jesse ran hard and always seems to find front.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Those are good numbers for a NSW Cup game. With CT and BT the numbers may translate a bit to NRL numbers. CT and BT are NRL ready.

Jesse is bench ready but no way he gets 61 minutes out in the NRL. If he only gets 40 or less is he better than the current mob? It's a dilemma.

The whole side is a dilemma

shadowboxer

First Grade
Some stats from yesterdays Jets game:

Tracey (playing fullback):
2 tries
225 metres (23 runs)
15 tackle breaks
1 linebreak & lba

Trindall
1 try
3 try assists
4 linebreak assists

Colquhoun
61 mins
126 metres (12 runs)
34 tackles (1 missed)

Surely at least one of these guys plays first grade next week..
All 3 should be inclusions - but probally only the 1. Couquhoun should be just on the back of Royce being out.