What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- Glenn Morrison

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eela: If a contract had come his way Morro problably would've said yes but I just got the impression that Morro chased a deal in England after Smithy left

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Eela: If a contract had come his way Morro problably would've said yes but I just got the impression that Morro chased a deal in England after Smithy left

flatch, Morro is 30, he has 2 kids and a guarenteed sallary of 320K till the end of 2007, his new deal will assure that he can just about set himself up for life as well as extend his footballing career by 3 seasons.

I would of put my house on the fact that he still would of gone even if Smithy had stayed.

Delboy

First Grade
Morro has told some people its only the money that he's going. He was told that there was guarantee that he would get the same kind of money he is on at the end of next year, age etc. Believed he has also said that he would like to be involved when he comes back, seems that most of the current crop feel good about our club despite the issues we have had this year.

jayman

Juniors
was he on 320k?? that seems like a fair bit actually...

it would be very interesting to know how much we have to spend next yr.. with the increase in the cap, and assuming morro, morris, cannings, stringer, burt, odywer, mckinnon, peterson, and even possibly delaney and widders...

would be safe to assume between 1.2-1.5mil??? or am i over estimating

Pazza

First Grade
the idea of making the cap bigger is to pay players like Hindmarsh, Tahu and Grothe more money.

jayman

Juniors
parra management should be smart enough to realise when tahu and co are coming of contract.. and subsequently.. who of the fringe players they can sacrifice.. to top up there contracts.. whilst moving these fringe players so that younger players have more of a shot playing FG...

Tahu Grothe and hindmarsh... must see out there careers at parramatta.. i think hindy is a certain.. but tahu is a MUST..i think we have an option in favour of us in picking up a 4th yr with tahu...i think we should make a new 3 yr deal with him...

pazzaeel

Juniors
morro will be missed but he is replaceable. i thank him for his service over the last 2 years. you could never question his commitment. he must have been out of favour with a few people higher up to never get picked in origin. especially if steve simpson can get picked.

whilst morro can be replaced, simpson aint the man to do it. i know MITS or eelavation would have some inside info on who we are looking at. let us in on it boys.

pazzaeel

Juniors
but tahu is a MUST

agreed.

tahu and hindmarsh are probably the only 2 players at the club who i could definitely say should be here for the rest of there careers.

i really wanna see tim smith come back BIGGER and better next year. i really think he has what it takes to be a long term solution at half back

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
yes is it a coincidence his off to the bulls and thats where brian smith is at the moment.

Smithy may of been instrumental in the signing of Morro, but had he not gone to the Bulls he would of been at Hull under Peter Sharp.

Just remember, Smithy won't be there when Morro arrives at the end of the year.

pazzaeel said:
whilst morro can be replaced, simpson aint the man to do it. i know MITS or eelavation would have some inside info on who we are looking at. let us in on it boys.

You know I spoke with the Club's Football Operations Manager on Sunday and tried to gleen any informaton I could about the future. The Main response I got was,

Once we know what is doing with Jamie, we can move on our contingancy plans either way.

As we Know the Day Gasnier Signed, Mims was seen getting on a plane to the UK so.

I think if we get Jamie, we will get him before June 30. If it goes to the 30th, well that is it he is as good as gone.

Having said that, some front rowers are needed, I would say one decent one and another back up or 2, to also allow Crodoba and Tsoulos to come through. A Good 2nd rower and that would be about it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
regardless of what happens with Jamie, there is a plan to replace Morro and I was told who that might be but won't be releasing it here.

at the end of the day the club has plenty of room under the cap for 3 maybe 4 big signings and a couple of mid range signings.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Redback71 said:
yes is it a coincidence his off to the bulls and thats where brian smith is at the moment.

No.

I heard Morrison on the radio last night. He said he had signed with Bradford before Smithy left. I guiess the club didn't want it anounced at the time because things were already going bad enough.

He asked Smith about the Bradford coach Steve Mcnamara because Smith new him and reccommended him, but thats all.

Kornstar

Coach
James_Hardie said:
No.

I heard Morrison on the radio last night. He said he had signed with Bradford before Smithy left. I guiess the club didn't want it anounced at the time because things were already going bad enough.

He asked Smith about the Bradford coach Steve Mcnamara because Smith new him and reccommended him, but thats all.

Yep, on Talkin Sport he was talking about how he signed the deal before Smith even resigned, Smith only talked to McNamara about how good Morrison was, Smith didn't talk Morrison into anything, Morro said he found out Smith was there for the 8 weeks this year well after he signed with them.

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:
regardless of what happens with Jamie, there is a plan to replace Morro and I was told who that might be but won't be releasing it here.

at the end of the day the club has plenty of room under the cap for 3 maybe 4 big signings and a couple of mid range signings.

In owl talk....Hoo Hoo!!!